website done using haXe

Dirk Uys
Hi Guys

I recently did a magazine DVD using haXe. It is also available online
(http://www.postboxsa.co.za/mag_v3/main_menu/).

Thanks for everyone making it possible to do this using open source software!

Regards
Dirk

RE: website done using haXe

Lee Sylvester
Congrats!  Very nicely done :-)

Lee

--
haXe - an open source web programming language http://haxe.org

Re: website done using haXe

Baluta Cristian
I personally think that's a very bad example of flash usage, there's no reason to use it in a static website. How haxe helped you here? You've generated all swfs at once?
Ugly preloader, you have scroll when you don't really need it, and i can continue...

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:43 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats!  Very nicely done :-)

Lee

I recently did a magazine DVD using haXe. It is also available online
(http://www.postboxsa.co.za/mag_v3/main_menu/).

Thanks for everyone making it possible to do this using open source
software!

Regards
Dirk

--
haXe - an open source web programming language http://haxe.org

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

RE: website done using haXe

Lee Sylvester

You’ve missed the point, Baluta.  This is for a DVD.  The kind you see that come free with magazines.  I think it’s perfectly good.  A nice example, really.

Lee

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats!  Very nicely done :-)
>
> Lee

Thanks!

Re: website done using haXe

Baluta Cristian
Hmm, as i don't know the limitations of a dvd i'll take my words back.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:

You’ve missed the point, Baluta.  This is for a DVD.  The kind you see that come free with magazines.  I think it’s perfectly good.  A nice example, really.

Lee

Re: website done using haXe

Dirk Uys
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Baluta Cristian
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I personally think that's a very bad example of flash usage, there's no
> reason to use it in a static website. How haxe helped you here? You've
> generated all swfs at once?

Without haxe there wouldn't have been any swfs to put up. I know the
interaction is limited, I would love to make it more interactive. The
music player is done in haxe and on the DVD there is also a video
player (it doesn't redirect to a different page).

Another thing to remember is that is extremely difficult to get a
designer to design for a non fixed aspect ratio. In this regards flash
helps.

> Ugly preloader, you have scroll when you don't really need it, and i can
> continue...

I wouldn't mind if you continue, putting it up on the web is new for
me and I would like to do a lot of things differently.

Regards
Dirk

ps. I don't want to make excuses, but this is not my day job, it's
more like a seasonal experiment in sleep depravation

Re: website done using haXe

Baluta

People used to use Director for dvd but the use case is so small and its almost extinct... flash is a better model, and it's a bit more secure than javascript.

Dirk

looked good not sure if I saw it all, well done for using haXe.

Cheers
;j

On 27 May 2011, at 20:51, Baluta Cristian wrote:

Hmm, as i don't know the limitations of a dvd i'll take my words back.

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Lee Sylvester <[hidden email]> wrote:

You’ve missed the point, Baluta.  This is for a DVD.  The kind you see that come free with magazines.  I think it’s perfectly good.  A nice example, really.

Lee

RE: website done using haXe

Lee Sylvester

@Justin: Not many people know the Lingo (pun intended) ;-)