webcam jeash/nme?

tom rhodes
hi,

anyone able to tell me if the webcam parts of the flash api are implemented in jeash and nme?

thanks,

tom

Re: webcam jeash/nme?

jamesbjackson
Tom,

WebCam access is not currently supported in the browser as Jeash is simply targeting Canvas in HTML with JavaScript the only solution you have is to use HaXe remoting and use a SWF to access your webcam. I not sure about NME but that is down to access to the webcam drivers you probably going to have wrap a API around a framework depending on your target for NME, as each platform has there own API.  But someone who uses NME will be able to help more than I can..

I hope this is of help :-)

James

On 1 Aug 2011, at 12:06, tom rhodes wrote:

> hi,
>
> anyone able to tell me if the webcam parts of the flash api are implemented in jeash and nme?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Re: webcam jeash/nme?

tom rhodes
that's a shame, but it's a limitation of JS i think, the jquery webcam plugin uses a swf as you suggested. the only reason i'd be using jeash woul dbe to offer an html5 version for the iOS crowd which obviously can't use a swf.

so for the nme part, i'm guessing that it would involve conditional compilation and separate code for each target platform?

On 1 August 2011 13:32, James Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tom,

WebCam access is not currently supported in the browser as Jeash is simply targeting Canvas in HTML with JavaScript the only solution you have is to use HaXe remoting and use a SWF to access your webcam. I not sure about NME but that is down to access to the webcam drivers you probably going to have wrap a API around a framework depending on your target for NME, as each platform has there own API.  But someone who uses NME will be able to help more than I can..

I hope this is of help :-)

James

On 1 Aug 2011, at 12:06, tom rhodes wrote:

> hi,
>
> anyone able to tell me if the webcam parts of the flash api are implemented in jeash and nme?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Re: webcam jeash/nme?

jamesbjackson
Tom,

To be honest, I am not sure but you could use Adobe Air for iOS and android? I not sure if camera's are supported yet in NME? anyone know?

Then you just porting your HaXe ActionScript to Adobe Air :-)

It is a shame no webcam JS support but also a security risk as well :-(

Jame

On 1 Aug 2011, at 14:23, tom rhodes wrote:

that's a shame, but it's a limitation of JS i think, the jquery webcam plugin uses a swf as you suggested. the only reason i'd be using jeash woul dbe to offer an html5 version for the iOS crowd which obviously can't use a swf.

so for the nme part, i'm guessing that it would involve conditional compilation and separate code for each target platform?

On 1 August 2011 13:32, James Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tom,

WebCam access is not currently supported in the browser as Jeash is simply targeting Canvas in HTML with JavaScript the only solution you have is to use HaXe remoting and use a SWF to access your webcam. I not sure about NME but that is down to access to the webcam drivers you probably going to have wrap a API around a framework depending on your target for NME, as each platform has there own API.  But someone who uses NME will be able to help more than I can..

I hope this is of help :-)

James

On 1 Aug 2011, at 12:06, tom rhodes wrote:

> hi,
>
> anyone able to tell me if the webcam parts of the flash api are implemented in jeash and nme?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Re: webcam jeash/nme?

Camera is not supported on NME - and probably wont be for a little while.

Hugh

> Tom,
>
> To be honest, I am not sure but you could use Adobe Air for iOS and
> android? I not sure if camera's are supported yet in NME? anyone know?
> http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adc-presents/input-for-mobile-devices-camera/
>
> Then you just porting your HaXe ActionScript to Adobe Air :-)
>
> It is a shame no webcam JS support but also a security risk as well :-(
>
> Jame
>

> On 1 Aug 2011, at 14:23, tom rhodes wrote:
>
>> that's a shame, but it's a limitation of JS i think, the jquery webcam
>> plugin uses a swf as you suggested. the only reason i'd be using jeash
>> woul dbe to offer an html5 version for the iOS crowd which obviously
>> can't use a swf.
>>
>> so for the nme part, i'm guessing that it would involve conditional
>> compilation and separate code for each target platform?
>>

>> On 1 August 2011 13:32, James Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> WebCam access is not currently supported in the browser as Jeash is
>> simply targeting Canvas in HTML with JavaScript the only solution you
>> have is to use HaXe remoting and use a SWF to access your webcam. I not
>> sure about NME but that is down to access to the webcam drivers you
>> probably going to have wrap a API around a framework depending on your
>> target for NME, as each platform has there own API.  But someone who
>> uses NME will be able to help more than I can..
>>
>> I hope this is of help :-)
>>
>> James
>>

>> On 1 Aug 2011, at 12:06, tom rhodes wrote:
>>
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > anyone able to tell me if the webcam parts of the flash api are
>> implemented in jeash and nme?
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> >
>> > tom
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org

Re: webcam jeash/nme?

jamesbjackson
Thanks Hugh :-)

On 1 Aug 2011, at 15:29, Gamehaxe wrote:

> Hi,
> Camera is not supported on NME - and probably wont be for a little while.
>
> Hugh
>
>> Tom,
>>
>> To be honest, I am not sure but you could use Adobe Air for iOS and android? I not sure if camera's are supported yet in NME? anyone know?
>> http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adc-presents/input-for-mobile-devices-camera/
>>
>> Then you just porting your HaXe ActionScript to Adobe Air :-)
>>
>> It is a shame no webcam JS support but also a security risk as well :-(
>>
>> Jame
>>

>> On 1 Aug 2011, at 14:23, tom rhodes wrote:
>>
>>> that's a shame, but it's a limitation of JS i think, the jquery webcam plugin uses a swf as you suggested. the only reason i'd be using jeash woul dbe to offer an html5 version for the iOS crowd which obviously can't use a swf.
>>>
>>> so for the nme part, i'm guessing that it would involve conditional compilation and separate code for each target platform?
>>>

>>> On 1 August 2011 13:32, James Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Tom,
>>>
>>> WebCam access is not currently supported in the browser as Jeash is simply targeting Canvas in HTML with JavaScript the only solution you have is to use HaXe remoting and use a SWF to access your webcam. I not sure about NME but that is down to access to the webcam drivers you probably going to have wrap a API around a framework depending on your target for NME, as each platform has there own API.  But someone who uses NME will be able to help more than I can..
>>>
>>> I hope this is of help :-)
>>>
>>> James

Re: webcam jeash/nme?

tom rhodes
yup, cheers for the info, both of you :)