unit test problem

Raoul Duke
hi,

i have some unit tests. when i compile & run via neko, nothing
happens. when i compile & run via C++, the tests are run.

anybody else seen anything like this?

thanks.
:}

Re: unit test problem

Raoul Duke
i'm attaching a tar.gz of my files. running in linux mint 9.

i assume there is something simple i'm doing wrong in the
compileTests.hxml or something?!?

thanks.

DemoUTestProblem.tar.gz (610 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: unit test problem

Raoul Duke
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i have some unit tests. when i compile & run via neko, nothing
> happens. when i compile & run via C++, the tests are run.

now even the C++ binary just gives me a segmentation fault.

so basically i can't test from the command line.

any thoughts / clues / tricks / solutions per chance? thanks!

Re: unit test problem

Franco Ponticelli
I've tested both platforms and they work out of the box without any modification to what you have attached. They both report one failure which is correct. Tested on Mac.

Franco

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i have some unit tests. when i compile & run via neko, nothing
> happens. when i compile & run via C++, the tests are run.

now even the C++ binary just gives me a segmentation fault.

so basically i can't test from the command line.

any thoughts / clues / tricks / solutions per chance? thanks!

Re: unit test problem

Raoul Duke
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Franco Ponticelli
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've tested both platforms and they work out of the box without any
> modification to what you have attached. They both report one failure which
> is correct. Tested on Mac.
> Franco

thanks for looking! hm, i'm on a linux mint intel 32bit system.

neko-knowledgable folks: is there something i can do to trace why neko
isn't working for me for unittests?

thanks.

Re: unit test problem

Raoul Duke
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> now even the C++ binary just gives me a segmentation fault.

ok -- gosh, been a while since i've dealt with native fu -- compiling
it with -test and then running it under gdb shows me where i got my
null pointer dereference :-} so at least i can continue with the C++
target for testing.

sincerely.