small idea

Rasmus Schultz
Since, for the time being, I intend to use Haxe for JavaScript almost
exclusively, using PHP for the back-end of my appplications, I was
thinking about writing a simple Haxe-dispatcher for PHP ...

Basically, the script would take a .hx filename as parameter, check if
the compiled JS file is older, and if so, run Haxe and recompile the JS,
before returning the contents of the compiled JS file to the client.

This way, I won't need to build my scripts manually.

Does something like this already exist?

Re: small idea

Lee Sylvester
That I know of, nothing like this exists at the moment, but time is
always a factor if your scripts are likely to be large. haXe is very
fast, but some apps can take a little while, and that little while might
not be quick enough for a web app.

Lee