sessions

Laurent Kappler
Good morning,

Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you manage
sessions variables ?

thanks

Re: sessions

Franco Ponticelli
In haXe/PHP there is php.Session, in Neko there is nothing equivalent and you will have to implement your own system as far as I know.
Franco.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM, laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning,

Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you manage sessions variables ?

thanks

Re: sessions

Benjamin Dasnois
Hello Laurent,

There's nothing for it in the standard haXe API. I can't remember
seeing one on haxelib neither. You can implement a simple one using
SPOD for example. :)

Regards,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:22 AM, laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you manage sessions
> variables ?
>
> thanks

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: sessions

Laurent Kappler

I see ;) means I will use the database to keep some tracks. It's mainly
for the login user, so I can check the db on everypage instead of
checking a session variable.

Thanks for quick reply ;)
cheers

Benjamin Dasnois a écrit :

> Hello Laurent,
>
> There's nothing for it in the standard haXe API. I can't remember
> seeing one on haxelib neither. You can implement a simple one using
> SPOD for example. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:22 AM, laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you manage sessions
>> variables ?
>>
>> thanks

Re: sessions

Viktor Hesselbom
How would you go about implementing your own system that is both safe and not resource-heavy? For this purpose sessions are pretty good (not resource heavy afaik) but if I were to access a database an extra time every page load that would be pretty resource heavy.

If I were to make a login 'system' with haXe/Neko how should I do that? Any suggestions? I usually use sessions with PHP but perhaps that's not the best way to go in PHP either.

Hesselbom

2008/10/21 Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]>
In haXe/PHP there is php.Session, in Neko there is nothing equivalent and you will have to implement your own system as far as I know.
Franco.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM, laurent <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good morning,

Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you manage sessions variables ?

thanks

Re: sessions

Tony Polinelli

There is a session class in the hxBlog example - it could probably be modified for your purposes - thats what i did for sessions

http://www.touchmypixel.com

Re: sessions

Laurent Kappler

is it available through haxelib ? haxelib search return 0 result

Tony Polinelli a écrit :

> There is a session class in the hxBlog example - it could probably be
> modified for your purposes - thats what i did for sessions
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Viktor Hesselbom
>
>     How would you go about implementing your own system that is both
>     safe and not resource-heavy? For this purpose sessions are pretty
>     good (not resource heavy afaik) but if I were to access a database
>     an extra time every page load that would be pretty resource heavy.
>
>     If I were to make a login 'system' with haXe/Neko how should I do
>     that? Any suggestions? I usually use sessions with PHP but perhaps
>     that's not the best way to go in PHP either.
>
>     Hesselbom
>
>     2008/10/21 Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>         In haXe/PHP there is php.Session, in Neko there is nothing
>         equivalent and you will have to implement your own system as
>         far as I know.
>         Franco.
>

>         On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM, laurent
>         <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         wrote:
>
>             Good morning,
>
>             Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you
>             manage sessions variables ?
>
>             thanks
>

>             --
>             haXe - an open source web programming language
>             http://haxe.org
>

>         --
>
>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>         http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org
>

> --
> Tony Polinelli
> http://www.touchmypixel.com

Re: sessions

Laurent Kappler
:) I got the svn

Tony Polinelli a écrit :

> There is a session class in the hxBlog example - it could probably be
> modified for your purposes - thats what i did for sessions
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Viktor Hesselbom
>
>     How would you go about implementing your own system that is both
>     safe and not resource-heavy? For this purpose sessions are pretty
>     good (not resource heavy afaik) but if I were to access a database
>     an extra time every page load that would be pretty resource heavy.
>
>     If I were to make a login 'system' with haXe/Neko how should I do
>     that? Any suggestions? I usually use sessions with PHP but perhaps
>     that's not the best way to go in PHP either.
>
>     Hesselbom
>
>     2008/10/21 Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>         In haXe/PHP there is php.Session, in Neko there is nothing
>         equivalent and you will have to implement your own system as
>         far as I know.
>         Franco.
>

>         On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM, laurent
>         <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         wrote:
>
>             Good morning,
>
>             Is there an equivalent to php SESSIONS in Haxe, how do you
>             manage sessions variables ?
>
>             thanks
>

>             --
>             haXe - an open source web programming language
>             http://haxe.org
>

>         --
>
>         haXe - an open source web programming language
>         http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org
>

> --
> Tony Polinelli
> http://www.touchmypixel.com

Re: sessions

Benjamin Dasnois
Actually, as far as I know, what PHP does for sessions is : serialize
session's variables, store them in a file named the same as the
session-id, and later load them. That's all.
You can do the same with haXe and apart from serializer's performance
it is not going to be faster or slower. I think PHP can also store
sessions in a database but I'm not sure...

Regards,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> $$ is just accessing a variable via a string name (as far as i remember) -
> this would be covered by the Reflection class- in a more complete way
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> There is a session class in the hxBlog example - it could probably be
>> modified for your purposes - thats what i did for sessions
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Viktor Hesselbom
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How would you go about implementing your own system that is both safe and
>>> not resource-heavy? For this purpose sessions are pretty good (not resource
>>> heavy afaik) but if I were to access a database an extra time every page
>>> load that would be pretty resource heavy.
>>> If I were to make a login 'system' with haXe/Neko how should I do that?
>>> Any suggestions? I usually use sessions with PHP but perhaps that's not the
>>> best way to go in PHP either.
>>> Hesselbom

>> Tony Polinelli
>> http://www.touchmypixel.com
>

> --
> Tony Polinelli
> http://www.touchmypixel.com

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: sessions

Cesar Lesc
Probably because i am more a java programmer than anything else, but
would be good to have some kind of framework that help us to not
reinvent the wheel, in Java we have servlets, they have session
traking out of the box ( with cookies or url rewriting ), i saw a
project named hxServlet but a don´t know how much related to the java
servlets are. Servlets are just a specification, a group of
interfaces, this approach can help for example to change the
implementation from neko to php.

César.