sendmail php

tom rhodes
hi all,

is the mtwin extension the only way to send smtp mail?

i found this after a bit of googling...

"> And when I try to compile my code, it says it can't find mtwin.mail.Smtp
> or any Class from mtwin... any Idea?

You need to call haxe with -lib mtwin to use a installed library."
(http://lists.motion-twin.com/pipermail/haxe/2009-March/023479.html)
i'm using flash develop, is there any way to get the mtwin extension integrated with the hinting and the compiler in there?

thanks,
tom.

Re: sendmail php

Andreas Söderlund
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi all,

is the mtwin extension the only way to send smtp mail?

Since you're using PHP, you can make an external class for a library like PHPMailer. There is one in haxigniter, but please try mtwin first, it's always nicer to have a native solution.

i'm using flash develop, is there any way to get the mtwin extension integrated with the hinting and the compiler in there?

Definitely, go to Project > Properties > Compiler Options and add "mtwin" to the list of Libraries. It should automatically pick up.

/Andreas

Re: sendmail php

tom rhodes
Andreas you star :)

picked it up, both in the autocompletion and the compile, however the mtwin.mail.Smtp class imports neko stuff and i'm targetting php.

so...

" you can make an external class for a library like PHPMailer."

do you mean make a traditional php class to call from the haxe code?

i will be looking into neko stuff but this project is going to go up on someone's shared hosting package and i'm not 100% that i can use neko there :(

2010/1/18 Andreas Söderlund <[hidden email]>
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:57 AM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi all,

is the mtwin extension the only way to send smtp mail?

Since you're using PHP, you can make an external class for a library like PHPMailer. There is one in haxigniter, but please try mtwin first, it's always nicer to have a native solution.

i'm using flash develop, is there any way to get the mtwin extension integrated with the hinting and the compiler in there?

Definitely, go to Project > Properties > Compiler Options and add "mtwin" to the list of Libraries. It should automatically pick up.

/Andreas

Re: sendmail php

tong-2
On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 11:15 +0100, tom rhodes wrote:
> Andreas you star :)
>

> picked it up, both in the autocompletion and the compile, however the
> mtwin.mail.Smtp class imports neko stuff and i'm targetting php.
>

> so...

.. try to add the -remap flag:
--remap neko:php

#

--remap <package:target> : remap a package to another one

/t

--
[)   |   5   |<   †   |2   3   3

Re: sendmail php

tom rhodes
aha, nice, that's a compiler option right?

2010/1/18 tong <[hidden email]>
On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 11:15 +0100, tom rhodes wrote:
> Andreas you star :)
>

> picked it up, both in the autocompletion and the compile, however the
> mtwin.mail.Smtp class imports neko stuff and i'm targetting php.
>

> so...

.. try to add the -remap flag:
--remap neko:php

#

--remap <package:target> : remap a package to another one

/t

--
[)   |   5   |<   †   |2   3   3

Re: sendmail php

tom rhodes
excellent, thanks again, great list, got it compiling.

2010/1/18 tong <[hidden email]>

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 11:15 +0100, tom rhodes wrote:
> Andreas you star :)
>

> picked it up, both in the autocompletion and the compile, however the
> mtwin.mail.Smtp class imports neko stuff and i'm targetting php.
>

> so...

.. try to add the -remap flag:
--remap neko:php

#

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:15 AM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:

" you can make an external class for a library like PHPMailer."

do you mean make a traditional php class to call from the haxe code?

Yes, it will be like a wrapper for a php class. Here's a tutorial: http://haxe.org/doc/php/extern_libraries?lang=en
And here's an example for PHPMailer: http://github.com/ciscoheat/haxigniter/blob/master/haxigniter/server/external/PHPMailer.hx

If you get mtwin.smtp to work in php I'm interested though, haven't used it before. Let me know if it works!

/Andreas

Re: sendmail php

victor / tokiop
> .. try to add the -remap flag:
> --remap neko:php

thanks for the tip, I was missing this option.. and missed it !

Victor

Re: sendmail php

tom rhodes
works for me compiling to php, now sending multipart html/plain text email with no problems.

very nice, thanks for the help :)