--remap part of a package

fintan boyle
Is it possible to just remap part of a package, that is a sub folder in an API, without having to remap the entire API?

Ideally I'd like to be able to do this (assuming there is a corresponding Class for every class in the other package):

--remap flash.display:easelhx.display

Fintan

Re: --remap part of a package

justin_mills

 On Fri 18/03/11 10:42, fintan boyle [hidden email] wrote:

> Is it possible to just remap part of a package, that is a sub folder
> in an API, without having to remap the entire API?
>
> Ideally Id like to be able to do this (assuming there is a
> corresponding Class for every class in the other package):
>
> --remap flash.display:easelhx.display
>
> Fintan

perhaps you could use typedef in your code then you can remap the typedef only, but not tried it but should work? Look at uniflash it shows how to use typedefs for classes... just typedef's may actually be a better solution.

Re: --remap part of a package

fintan boyle
Hi Justin,

Yeah I am using typedefs for that purpose.  I was thinking in terms of how to get third party APIs like tweening libraries to work with my typedefs when those libraries have references to flash.display, but then again, there would be more involved than just remapping the import statements to get it to work and they are likely using more of the flash package than just display objects.  I might just go with jeash but I like the idea of having several js/canvas options that javascript developers would use when working directly with javascript that can also work with haxe and the libraries in haxelib.  easier said than done !

Fintan

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

 On Fri 18/03/11 10:42, fintan boyle [hidden email] wrote:
> Is it possible to just remap part of a package, that is a sub folder
> in an API, without having to remap the entire API?
>
> Ideally Id like to be able to do this (assuming there is a
> corresponding Class for every class in the other package):
>
> --remap flash.display:easelhx.display
>
> Fintan

perhaps you could use typedef in your code then you can remap the typedef only, but not tried it but should work? Look at uniflash it shows how to use typedefs for classes... just typedef's may actually be a better solution.

Re: --remap part of a package

brett
Hi Fintan-

I recently added some basic support for your EaselHx (0.3.2) fork to GTweenHx. The core engine
(GTween) as well as GTweenTimeline will now work with EaselHx if the hxml declares the following
flag which is used for conditional compilation:

-D easelhx

A couple of notes:
- GTweener does not work yet (I haven't figured out a good way to make a dictionary style implementation
that works with EaselHx).
- All the plugins are completely untested with EaselHx.

A pair of demos are located in this zip:
- http://gtweenhx.googlecode.com/files/EaselHxDemo.zip

Please let me know of any issues you run across, or any
patches you would like to add.

Brett

Re: --remap part of a package

fintan boyle
Hi Brett,

That's great.  I had resorted to using FEffects for tweening but if I have a choice then I think GTween will suit my needs better.

thanks for your efforts - it is greatly appreciated!

Fintan