recompiling NME

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Hi all,

I'm trying to recompile NME. From the project directory, I'm running:

haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml haxe -Dlinux

which runs into this problem:

/usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No
such file or directory

I have the libfreetype6-dev Ubuntu package installed. Looking at
/usr/include/ft2build.h, I see a comment indicating that
/usr/include/freetype2 must be in the include path. It doesn't look
like this is the case judging from the echoed command:

g++ -Iinclude -I../../sdl-static/include
-I../../sdl-static/include/SDL12 -DSDL_OGL -Wno-conversion -c
-fvisibility=hidden -O2 -fpic -fPIC -DHX_LINUX -m32
-I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/2,07,0//include -x c++ -frtti
./common/FreeType.cpp -oobj/linux//common/FreeType.o

Looking at Build.xml, I see that there is a "gph" id that might do
this, but passing -Dgph to hxcpp only results in an error asking me to
define GPH_ROOT. I also tried adding

  <compilerflag value="-I/usr/include/freetype2"/>

to the id=linux section of Build.xml, but this didn't seem to have any effect.

What am I doing wrong and what's the proper way to rebuild NME?

Thanks,
Josh

Re: recompiling NME

Tony Polinelli
you might need to have the http://code.google.com/p/sdl-static/  repo 'next' to the nekonme repo

it has the ftheader.h in it

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Tony, that worked - nekonme/ndll/nme.ndll is freshly built. I
also rebuilt my CPP target, but I'm not yet seeing the changes I
expect. In particular, when running the target executable, I get the
following warnings:

Could not find primitive nme_display_object_get_blend_mode__1.
Could not find primitive nme_display_object_set_blend_mode__2.
Could not find primitive nme_display_object_local_to_global__2.
Could not find primitive nme_stage_get_dpi_scale__1.
Could not find primitive nme_stage_request_render__0.
Could not find primitive nme_set_asset_base__1.
Could not find primitive nme_managed_stage_create__2.
Could not find primitive nme_managed_stage_pump_event__2.
Could not find primitive nme_curl_create__1.
Could not find primitive nme_curl_process_loaders__0.
Could not find primitive nme_curl_update_loader__2.
Could not find primitive nme_curl_get_code__1.
Could not find primitive nme_curl_get_error_message__1.
Could not find primitive nme_curl_get_data__1.
Could not find primitive nme_byte_array_as_string__1.
Could not find primitive nme_byte_array_get_bytes__2.
Could not find primitive nme_byte_array_overwrite_file__3.
Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_copy_channel__MULT.
Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_get_color_bounds_rect__5.
Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_generate_filter_rect__3.
Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_set_flags__1.

I would have thought these warnings would have vanished with the new
build. Is something else going on here? Do I need to copy the nme.ndll
file somewhere or otherwise do something to propagate the latest NME
build to my CPP target?

Thanks,
Josh

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:42 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> you might need to have the http://code.google.com/p/sdl-static/  repo 'next'
> to the nekonme repo
>
> it has the ftheader.h in it
>

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Joshua Harlan Lifton
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to recompile NME. From the project directory, I'm running:
>>
>> haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml haxe -Dlinux
>>
>> which runs into this problem:
>>
>> /usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No
>> such file or directory
>>
>> I have the libfreetype6-dev Ubuntu package installed. Looking at
>> /usr/include/ft2build.h, I see a comment indicating that
>> /usr/include/freetype2 must be in the include path. It doesn't look
>> like this is the case judging from the echoed command:
>>
>> g++ -Iinclude -I../../sdl-static/include
>> -I../../sdl-static/include/SDL12 -DSDL_OGL -Wno-conversion -c
>> -fvisibility=hidden -O2 -fpic -fPIC -DHX_LINUX -m32
>> -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/2,07,0//include -x c++ -frtti
>> ./common/FreeType.cpp -oobj/linux//common/FreeType.o
>>
>> Looking at Build.xml, I see that there is a "gph" id that might do
>> this, but passing -Dgph to hxcpp only results in an error asking me to
>> define GPH_ROOT. I also tried adding
>>
>>  <compilerflag value="-I/usr/include/freetype2"/>
>>
>> to the id=linux section of Build.xml, but this didn't seem to have any
>> effect.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong and what's the proper way to rebuild NME?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh

> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: recompiling NME

Tony Polinelli

you can either copy the ndll to the same folder as your exe

or i think setting the 'dev path' of the nme and hxcpp haxelib projects via:

haxelib dev nme my/path/

might work.. i've copied my dlls alot as it seems a little unpredictable

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> -fvisibility=hidden -O2 -fpic -fPIC -DHX_LINUX -m32
>> -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/2,07,0//include -x c++ -frtti
>> ./common/FreeType.cpp -oobj/linux//common/FreeType.o
>>
>> Looking at Build.xml, I see that there is a "gph" id that might do
>> this, but passing -Dgph to hxcpp only results in an error asking me to
>> define GPH_ROOT. I also tried adding
>>
>>  <compilerflag value="-I/usr/include/freetype2"/>
>>
>> to the id=linux section of Build.xml, but this didn't seem to have any
>> effect.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong and what's the proper way to rebuild NME?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh

> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: recompiling NME

Tony Polinelli

you can either copy the ndll to the same folder as your exe

or i think setting the 'dev path' of the nme and hxcpp haxelib projects to the repos via:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> /usr/include/ft2build.h, I see a comment indicating that
>> /usr/include/freetype2 must be in the include path. It doesn't look
>> like this is the case judging from the echoed command:
>>
>> g++ -Iinclude -I../../sdl-static/include
>> -I../../sdl-static/include/SDL12 -DSDL_OGL -Wno-conversion -c
>> -fvisibility=hidden -O2 -fpic -fPIC -DHX_LINUX -m32
>> -I/usr/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/2,07,0//include -x c++ -frtti
>> ./common/FreeType.cpp -oobj/linux//common/FreeType.o
>>
>> Looking at Build.xml, I see that there is a "gph" id that might do
>> this, but passing -Dgph to hxcpp only results in an error asking me to
>> define GPH_ROOT. I also tried adding
>>
>>  <compilerflag value="-I/usr/include/freetype2"/>
>>
>> to the id=linux section of Build.xml, but this didn't seem to have any
>> effect.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong and what's the proper way to rebuild NME?

Re: recompiling NME

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Setting the dev path for both hxcpp and nme did the trick. Anything in
particular I should keep a look out for in terms of unpredictability
of this method?

Thanks,
Josh

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> you can either copy the ndll to the same folder as your exe
>
> or i think setting the 'dev path' of the nme and hxcpp haxelib projects to
> the repos via:
>
> haxelib dev nme my/path/
>
> might work.. i've copied my dlls alot as it seems a little unpredictable
>

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> you can either copy the ndll to the same folder as your exe
>>
>> or i think setting the 'dev path' of the nme and hxcpp haxelib projects
>> via:
>>
>> haxelib dev nme my/path/
>>
>> might work.. i've copied my dlls alot as it seems a little unpredictable
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Joshua Harlan Lifton
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, Tony, that worked - nekonme/ndll/nme.ndll is freshly built. I
>>> also rebuilt my CPP target, but I'm not yet seeing the changes I
>>> expect. In particular, when running the target executable, I get the
>>> following warnings:
>>>
>>> Could not find primitive nme_display_object_get_blend_mode__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_display_object_set_blend_mode__2.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_display_object_local_to_global__2.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_stage_get_dpi_scale__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_stage_request_render__0.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_set_asset_base__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_managed_stage_create__2.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_managed_stage_pump_event__2.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_curl_create__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_curl_process_loaders__0.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_curl_update_loader__2.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_curl_get_code__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_curl_get_error_message__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_curl_get_data__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_byte_array_as_string__1.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_byte_array_get_bytes__2.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_byte_array_overwrite_file__3.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_copy_channel__MULT.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_get_color_bounds_rect__5.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_generate_filter_rect__3.
>>> Could not find primitive nme_bitmap_data_set_flags__1.
>>>
>>> I would have thought these warnings would have vanished with the new
>>> build. Is something else going on here? Do I need to copy the nme.ndll
>>> file somewhere or otherwise do something to propagate the latest NME
>>> build to my CPP target?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Josh

>> Tony Polinelli
>> http://touchmypixel.com
>

> --
> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: recompiling NME

Tony Polinelli
naa i just seemed to have have issues with it - probably did something else wrong