recommended nme dev environment?

Raoul Duke
hi,

things build but they die on the android emulator with sigill. i'm
going through the forums etc. to try to see what i can figure out. BUT
when i read through things they all give me a sinking feeling that
really it isn't going to be turn-key-easy.

so i'm wondering if there's a really tried-and-true setup for doing
nme development? like, is 32bit ubuntu x86 (with ideally some specific
version of ubuntu mentioned etc.) the way to go for sure that is more
likely to Just Work? i'm on a mac 10.6. and i wonder what misc things
might be causing trouble. if 32 vs. 64 bit and such is going to be
confusing to me to figure out.

this question for guidance probably sorta goes for haxe in general to
boot. since i think i once tried haxe ubuntu 64bit and that was a big
mistake of doom and gloom that went nowhere but into heckdom.

thanks.

Re: recommended nme dev environment?

Raoul Duke
hi,

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Philippe Elsass
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Can't really comment on the right Linux version, but you shouldn't expect
> the Android emulator to be any useful for NME development: just plug a
> device. For what is worth, even the iOS simulator isn't good enough for only
> slightly graphics-intensive projects.

hmmmm, i've done other android development, and used the emulator,
even with graphics, and it has been fine. not vai haxe-nme since i
don't know how to get that to work. but via particle code (rip) and
via regular android java through eclipse. ditto iphone. so my
experience with my graphical but not super graphical stuff slightly
disagrees, for whatever it is worth.

sincerely.

Re: recommended nme dev environment?

Gamehaxe
Sigill generally means an unsupported instruction - although could be
another bug (eg, memory overwrite)
Perhaps the emulator is not set up for thumb or some armv6 instructions?

Hugh