realtime audio interaction with haXe/flash8

realtime audio interaction with haXe/flash8

Andrea Griffini
Hello...

Is it possible to add audio chat capabilities to a flash8 swf created
with haxe ?
I gave a quick look at haXevideo but didn't understand if this can be done
(I know that both FLV recording and FLV streaming is possible, but I'm looking
for realtime audio interaction).

Thanks in advance for any pointer or suggestion
Andrea

Re: realtime audio interaction with haXe/flash8

clemos
Hi Andrea

You can basically stream audio by attaching only a Microphone to your
upstreaming NetStream.
Even if there's no video, you'll still stream FLV, and thus can use
haXevideo to serve it.
+++++++
Clément

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 3:16 AM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Andrea
>
> You can basically stream audio by attaching only a Microphone to your
> upstreaming NetStream.
> Even if there's no video, you'll still stream FLV, and thus can use
> haXevideo to serve it.

Ok... I got it more or less working.

I have a problem because after a few seconds of correct audio
streaming the playback side just stops without antything special
in onStatus messages (just buffer empty/full messages).
It seemed to me that it was stopping more frequently right after a
NetStream.Buffer.Empty message so I added a "restart" logic after
every buffer empty message and with this horrible hack the playback
side runs much longer, but still after a while stops.

The haXeVideo server also generates some output that looks like
there are errors. An excerpt of the output of the streaming server
is included at the end of this message.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Andrea

---- haXeVideo output example ----

CONNECT {app => AString(), fpad => ABool(false), audioCodecs =>
ANumber(1639), videoCodecs => ANumber(252), pageUrl =>
AString(http://127.0.0.1/~agriffini/chessboard.swf), swfUrl =>
AString(http://127.0.0.1/~agriffini/chessboard.swf), tcUrl =>
AString(rtmp://192.168.1.100), capabilities => ANumber(15), flashVer
=> AString(MAC 9,0,124,0), videoFunction => ANumber(1)}
CREATESTREAM null
PLAY null, #100591_audio
Client.hx:375: COMMAND CClientBuffer(0):1
Client.hx:375: COMMAND CClientBuffer(100):1
CLOSESTREAM null
DELETESTREAM null, 1
[2008-11-03 00:48:40] ERROR Invalid 'deleteStream' streamid

Called from hxvid/Client.hx line 149
Called from hxvid/Client.hx line 264
Called from a C function
Called from hxvid/Commands.hx line 132
Called from hxvid/Client.hx line 366
Called from hxvid/Server.hx line 40
Called from hxvid/RealtimeServer.hx line 283
Called from hxvid/RealtimeServer.hx line 142

recompile haxeflashtut demo12 gray

Bastiaan Wakkie
Hi,

 From the flash tutorial from
http://lionpath.com/haxeflashtutorial/release/chap03.html
I tried to recompile the demo12.swf files but after doing this the flash
stays gray.
What do I wrong?

I got the googlemaps.swf but its version 1.7 the tut is not quite clear
where I need to put the new googlemaps.swf in order to recompile the swf
demos.

Can someone clarify this please?

command to compile from the root of my website:
haxe -cp haxe -swf9 demoXX.swf -main sg.hxf.tut.chap0X.DemoXX

thanks,

Bastiaan

Re: recompile haxeflashtut demo12 gray

Dirk Uys
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Bastiaan Wakkie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From the flash tutorial from
> http://lionpath.com/haxeflashtutorial/release/chap03.html
> I tried to recompile the demo12.swf files but after doing this the flash
> stays gray.
> What do I wrong?
>
> I got the googlemaps.swf but its version 1.7 the tut is not quite clear
> where I need to put the new googlemaps.swf in order to recompile the swf
> demos.
>
> Can someone clarify this please?
>
> command to compile from the root of my website:
> haxe -cp haxe -swf9 demoXX.swf -main sg.hxf.tut.chap0X.DemoXX
>
> thanks,
>
> Bastiaan

They mention something on the site about a specific API key needed:

<quote>
Important-Note

Due to the restriction of the Google API-Key the samples are only
usable on the demo server Link to chapter03 of demo server,
lionpath.com. In order to use them on your webserver replace the value
of the key parameter with your API key.
</quote>

Don't know if this may be causing your problem?

Re: recompile haxeflashtut demo12 gray

Bastiaan Wakkie
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but it is not the case. I have the API key and
it is working on google map swf files I didn't compile yet.

Bastiaan

Dirk Uys wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Bastiaan Wakkie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> From the flash tutorial from
>> http://lionpath.com/haxeflashtutorial/release/chap03.html
>> I tried to recompile the demo12.swf files but after doing this the flash
>> stays gray.
>> What do I wrong?
>>
>> I got the googlemaps.swf but its version 1.7 the tut is not quite clear
>> where I need to put the new googlemaps.swf in order to recompile the swf
>> demos.
>>
>> Can someone clarify this please?
>>
>> command to compile from the root of my website:
>> haxe -cp haxe -swf9 demoXX.swf -main sg.hxf.tut.chap0X.DemoXX
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Bastiaan
>>

> They mention something on the site about a specific API key needed:
>
> <quote>
> Important-Note
>
> Due to the restriction of the Google API-Key the samples are only
> usable on the demo server Link to chapter03 of demo server,
> lionpath.com. In order to use them on your webserver replace the value
> of the key parameter with your API key.
> </quote>
>
> Don't know if this may be causing your problem?

Re: recompile haxeflashtut demo12 gray

Bastiaan Wakkie
Could it be the flash player 10 I have with ubuntu perhaps??
-->
[/code]
user@user:~$ apt-cache show adobe-flashplugin
Package: adobe-flashplugin
Section: partner/web
Installed-Size: 9864
Maintainer: DL-Flash Player Ubuntu <[hidden email]>
Architecture: i386
Version: 10.0.12.36-1intrepid2
Replaces: flashplugin (<< 6), flashplugin-nonfree
Provides: flashplugin-nonfree
Depends: debconf | debconf-2.0, wget, fontconfig, libnspr4-0d,
libnss3-1d, libcurl3, libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0), libc6 (>= 2.4), libcairo2
(>= 1.2.4), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.3.5), libgcc1
(>= 1:4.1.1), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.0), libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.14.1),
libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.21.6), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), libx11-6, libxext6, libxt6
Suggests: firefox, konqueror-nsplugins, x-ttcidfont-conf, msttcorefonts,
ttf-bitstream-vera | ttf-dejavu, ttf-xfree86-nonfree, xfs (>= 1:1.0.1-5)
Conflicts: flashplayer-mozilla, flashplugin (<< 6), flashplugin-nonfree,
xfs (<< 1:1.0.1-5)
Filename:
pool/partner/a/adobe-flashplugin/adobe-flashplugin_10.0.12.36-1intrepid2_i386.deb
Size: 3927002
MD5sum: b9947da95ef665df67dca6c022ef8cad
SHA1: 1857cc6174dcf28e2b20a398c1ca23507e730e7a
SHA256: 5e9e6f9633181629baa594e857dde09d7116eafcd9625b36e3224f1c970f3dcf
 This package will download the Flash Player from Adobe. It is a
 Netscape/Mozilla type plugin. Any browser based on Netscape or Mozilla
can use
 the Flash plugin. This package officially supports the following browsers:
 .
 Firefox 2.x, Firefox 3.x, SeaMonkey 1.11
Bugs: mailto:[hidden email]
Origin: Ubuntu
[/code]