ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

davidedc
Hi,

I though to rephrase my previous mail - since I installed Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit, and that one doesn't even *start* any of the normal haxe binaries available for download (so it doesn't even reach the point of failing loading the 32-bit libgc library).

So I guess the question is: is there a full suit of 64-bit binaries available for download, on top of the currently available 32-bit binaries?

Or maybe we are considering the 64-bit linux users as "power-users", who should be accustomed to recompiling their sw stacks? What is the stance?

Cheers,
Davide

Re: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

Andreas Mokros
Hi.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:18:29 +0100
Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So I guess the question is: is there a full suit of 64-bit binaries
> available for download, on top of the currently available 32-bit
> binaries?

You can get 64bit neko as an normal Ubuntu package with apt-get, don't
you?
For haxe itself, nightly builds are available for linux64 as well, I
think.
For hxcpp and nme there are linux64 binaries in the SVN repos. Don't
know if they are working in current version, though...

--
Mockey

Re: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

davidedc
Thanks for the hint, I'll check the svns.

I'd prefer not to use apt-get because it requires admin rights AFAIK, I've managed to do an admin-less install for Ubuntu 32 bit and I'm trying to do the same for the 64 bit version...

Pardon any typos, sent from my mobile.

also, a friend pointed me to this: http://haxe.org/forum/thread/383 so I'll give those a try too.

Pardon any typos, sent from my mobile.

On 15 Aug 2011, at 18:36, Andreas Mokros <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:18:29 +0100
> Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> So I guess the question is: is there a full suit of 64-bit binaries
>> available for download, on top of the currently available 32-bit
>> binaries?
>
> You can get 64bit neko as an normal Ubuntu package with apt-get, don't
> you?
> For haxe itself, nightly builds are available for linux64 as well, I
> think.
> For hxcpp and nme there are linux64 binaries in the SVN repos. Don't
> know if they are working in current version, though...
>
> --
> Mockey

Re: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

Andreas Mokros
Hi.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:46:30 +0100
Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've managed to do an admin-less install for Ubuntu 32 bit and I'm
> trying to do the same for the 64 bit version...

That's a rather strange idea on Linux. Who runs it without
sudo-account? You need quite a lot of libs/dependencies to properly run
neko (gc, mysql, etc.). Where do you put these?

--
Mockey

Re: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

Andreas Mokros
Hi.

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:47:57 +0100
Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> a friend pointed me to this: http://haxe.org/forum/thread/383 so I'll
> give those a try too.

That's also a .deb. Why not get the official .debs and extract these?

--
Mockey

RE: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

luca deltodesco
I had to do an admin-less install of haxe/neko at my university as we obviously do not have any root privelidges (haxe was installed, but only an old version).

To deal with run time libraries, simply modifying your .bashrc file to set up LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH etc suffices to have everything running without any root access.

> Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:01:32 +0200

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [haXe] ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?
>
> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:46:30 +0100
> Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've managed to do an admin-less install for Ubuntu 32 bit and I'm
> > trying to do the same for the 64 bit version...
>
> That's a rather strange idea on Linux. Who runs it without
> sudo-account? You need quite a lot of libs/dependencies to properly run
> neko (gc, mysql, etc.). Where do you put these?
>
> --
> Mockey

Re: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

davidedc
Fair point about the libraries: where do you draw the line between what comes with the install package and what is assumed to be there?

I don't know - i'd stick with the defaults of the major consumer distributions I guess. If it works in Ubuntu I'm happy already, and then maybe one can download missing libraries ad-hoc.

On 15 Aug 2011, at 19:01, Andreas Mokros <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:46:30 +0100
> Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I've managed to do an admin-less install for Ubuntu 32 bit and I'm
>> trying to do the same for the 64 bit version...
>
> That's a rather strange idea on Linux. Who runs it without
> sudo-account? You need quite a lot of libs/dependencies to properly run
> neko (gc, mysql, etc.). Where do you put these?
>
> --
> Mockey

Re: ready-made 64-bit linux version of the whole neko/haxe/haxecpp/nme stack?

davidedc
OK, solved:

if [ "$(uname -m)" = "x86_64" ] ; then
  echo "Sorry, linux 64 bit is not supported yet"
  exit 1
fi

Done, so, let's see, where was I.