pokoCMS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pokoCMS

postite
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tony Polinelli

Do you have any errors or more info? 

I havent really looked over the release as yet - but i know its been tested on windows. Maybe we can have Matt test it for osx in the morning. 

cheers
Tony






On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
i also tried on windows but i have an error when launching the www folder in easyphp... the server do not find the path lib/boot.php ( or something like that ).
i didn't configure anything , since i just wanted to see how it looks like ..
do i have to compile the whole project with the modified config.hx ? to just see it in action ?. But the readme.txt is not quite explicit
and if so, do you have more precise informations ? what does the .bat files are supposed to do ?
thanks ..

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do you have any errors or more info? 

I havent really looked over the release as yet - but i know its been tested on windows. Maybe we can have Matt test it for osx in the morning. 

cheers
Tony






On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tony Polinelli

what is the error? 

Have you successfully compiled the project before running it ?  The bat file runs the commands to compile - we will change this to a .hxml with --next 's in it soon. 

There are a few people who have contacted me about osx support - so i'll have it tested for osx tomorrow. 


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
i also tried on windows but i have an error when launching the www folder in easyphp... the server do not find the path lib/boot.php ( or something like that ).
i didn't configure anything , since i just wanted to see how it looks like ..
do i have to compile the whole project with the modified config.hx ? to just see it in action ?. But the readme.txt is not quite explicit
and if so, do you have more precise informations ? what does the .bat files are supposed to do ?
thanks ..

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do you have any errors or more info? 

I havent really looked over the release as yet - but i know its been tested on windows. Maybe we can have Matt test it for osx in the morning. 

cheers
Tony






On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
ok i have successfully compiled it using flashdevelop in a virtualBox session .... the cms now run in my localhost server ... just going to investigate  the features ... seems cool :) sorry for the stupid questions :( I will see later for the osx installation . Now it's time to discover what pokoCMs has in its guts.Thank you ! i certainly will ask for more later ... if i can .
thanks for the replies !

Dav kert 

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

what is the error? 

Have you successfully compiled the project before running it ?  The bat file runs the commands to compile - we will change this to a .hxml with --next 's in it soon. 

There are a few people who have contacted me about osx support - so i'll have it tested for osx tomorrow. 


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
i also tried on windows but i have an error when launching the www folder in easyphp... the server do not find the path lib/boot.php ( or something like that ).
i didn't configure anything , since i just wanted to see how it looks like ..
do i have to compile the whole project with the modified config.hx ? to just see it in action ?. But the readme.txt is not quite explicit
and if so, do you have more precise informations ? what does the .bat files are supposed to do ?
thanks ..

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do you have any errors or more info? 

I havent really looked over the release as yet - but i know its been tested on windows. Maybe we can have Matt test it for osx in the morning. 

cheers
Tony






On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Just so you know we know, some of the sections such as "media" are a little broken, as well as filtering by associations. Sorry about that - will try and get it cleaned up more for 0.8! Just wanted to get a release out because the whole way the system works has changed a lot between 0.5 and 0.7 so wanted people to have a look. Glad to hear someone's checking it out!


Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
phone: +61 3 8060 5321
_______________________


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:47 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok i have successfully compiled it using flashdevelop in a virtualBox session .... the cms now run in my localhost server ... just going to investigate  the features ... seems cool :) sorry for the stupid questions :( I will see later for the osx installation . Now it's time to discover what pokoCMs has in its guts.Thank you ! i certainly will ask for more later ... if i can .
thanks for the replies !

Dav kert 


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

what is the error? 

Have you successfully compiled the project before running it ?  The bat file runs the commands to compile - we will change this to a .hxml with --next 's in it soon. 

There are a few people who have contacted me about osx support - so i'll have it tested for osx tomorrow. 


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
i also tried on windows but i have an error when launching the www folder in easyphp... the server do not find the path lib/boot.php ( or something like that ).
i didn't configure anything , since i just wanted to see how it looks like ..
do i have to compile the whole project with the modified config.hx ? to just see it in action ?. But the readme.txt is not quite explicit
and if so, do you have more precise informations ? what does the .bat files are supposed to do ?
thanks ..

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do you have any errors or more info? 

I havent really looked over the release as yet - but i know its been tested on windows. Maybe we can have Matt test it for osx in the morning. 

cheers
Tony






On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
In reply to this post by postite
hello tarwin
just having a tour around poko features. Seems cool to me.
by the way .. the image processor stuff seems to be broken ..i dont' have any cropped or resized images on screen ... which image processing library do i have to install to make it work ?
also i am looking for a frontend view of my created pages.. didn't see the link.
for info ... how do you setup a flash frontend ? with remoting ? how can i access data ?

cheers 
dav



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
In reply to this post by Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
I've just put an example site up at http://poko.touchmypixel.com/ for anyone who wants to test it out.

Some quick answers - we really do need to do some proper documentation!

- I just realised you need to create a /res/uploads/cache/ directory otherwise it can't create the images - oops,

- The image processing uses GD so most installs of PHP should work fine

- There's no "frontend" as is for pages. The page there is just used as an example and if you change the data you'll see it reflected in the front end. The CMS is meant for more data intensive sites (as in lists of things, galleries of things, order forms etc) than something like SilverStripe or Wordpress which is all about Pages / Articles. That said it is super simple to print information from a page into a template. Just check out \src_examples\site\examples\Pages.hx (and Pages.mtt). They do an automatic listing of pages and their data. Generally I'd have different .hx/.mtt files that actually do the displaying of information but this just shows how you can get it easily. (that is http://poko.touchmypixel.com/?request=examples.Pages)

For Flash sites we normally use remoting yes. Generally have an .hx under /site/services called "services.Data" or some such that we call. An example of it being use can be seen at http://cityonahill.com.au/ where we use remoting to load most of the data for the site, and then use remoting again for all the blog stuff at the site as well (http://cityonahill.com.au/#/media/blog) - just use Firebug and you can see stuff going back and forth.

Hope that helps a bit ...


Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
phone: +61 3 8060 5321
_______________________


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just so you know we know, some of the sections such as "media" are a little broken, as well as filtering by associations. Sorry about that - will try and get it cleaned up more for 0.8! Just wanted to get a release out because the whole way the system works has changed a lot between 0.5 and 0.7 so wanted people to have a look. Glad to hear someone's checking it out!


Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

Touch My Pixel
http://www.touchmypixel.com/
phone: +61 3 8060 5321
_______________________



On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:47 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok i have successfully compiled it using flashdevelop in a virtualBox session .... the cms now run in my localhost server ... just going to investigate  the features ... seems cool :) sorry for the stupid questions :( I will see later for the osx installation . Now it's time to discover what pokoCMs has in its guts.Thank you ! i certainly will ask for more later ... if i can .
thanks for the replies !

Dav kert 


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

what is the error? 

Have you successfully compiled the project before running it ?  The bat file runs the commands to compile - we will change this to a .hxml with --next 's in it soon. 

There are a few people who have contacted me about osx support - so i'll have it tested for osx tomorrow. 


On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:07 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
i also tried on windows but i have an error when launching the www folder in easyphp... the server do not find the path lib/boot.php ( or something like that ).
i didn't configure anything , since i just wanted to see how it looks like ..
do i have to compile the whole project with the modified config.hx ? to just see it in action ?. But the readme.txt is not quite explicit
and if so, do you have more precise informations ? what does the .bat files are supposed to do ?
thanks ..

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do you have any errors or more info? 

I havent really looked over the release as yet - but i know its been tested on windows. Maybe we can have Matt test it for osx in the morning. 

cheers
Tony






On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 6:39 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone has explanation about installing and running pokoCMS on osx .. there have been a new release yesterday .
I can't make it work .. 
thx

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
thanks for the "cache" tip  ! it works fine ...
i will investigate the rest after lunch :)
 i'm pretty excited ... this is a cool cms :)
congrats for the work !


dav

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
hello ...

I'm trying to create a couple .hx/mtt to access a page i' ve created in poko.

the name of the page is "pipo"

i copied the test page .hx/mtt with the name Pipo. an Pipo.mtt and the same" site.examples" package
in my overriding main function : i have page = PageData.getPageByName("pipo");

at compilling i do have the "examples__Pipo.mtt.php" file being created 

but when i try to access the following request "http://127.0.0.1/labhaxe/PokoCMS/www/?request=examples.Pipo"
i do have a 404 error Not a valid request .

note that when i modify TestPage.hx with "page = PageData.getPageByName("pipo")" instead of page = PageData.getPageByName("test page") it works ...

any tip ?


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tony Polinelli
To have a controller included in the app it must be imported somewhere - look in the config.hx, this imports all of the controllers which serve the requests. 

This is because it is a loose connection - the class is instantiated via a get var. 



On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello ...

I'm trying to create a couple .hx/mtt to access a page i' ve created in poko.

the name of the page is "pipo"

i copied the test page .hx/mtt with the name Pipo. an Pipo.mtt and the same" site.examples" package
in my overriding main function : i have page = PageData.getPageByName("pipo");

at compilling i do have the "examples__Pipo.mtt.php" file being created 

but when i try to access the following request "http://127.0.0.1/labhaxe/PokoCMS/www/?request=examples.Pipo"
i do have a 404 error Not a valid request .

note that when i modify TestPage.hx with "page = PageData.getPageByName("pipo")" instead of page = PageData.getPageByName("test page") it works ...

any tip ?


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

victor / tokiop
In reply to this post by postite
hi dav,

indeed poko is a nice tool :)
for your custom Pipo page, it might be that you must add "import site.examples.Pipo;" in example/ImportAll.hx

for using Poko on mac os this is my process :
- recompile makeTemplates (src/poko_makeTemplates/) source is updated for mac paths but needs to be recompiled
- replace the root MakeTemplates.n with fresh one and temploc.exe by a mac temploc executable
- modify src/site/Config.hx
- rename the make/make_example.bat as .sh and run them in terminal

should be it, happy pokin' !

victor


Le 31/08/10 16:01, dav kert a écrit :
hello ...

I'm trying to create a couple .hx/mtt to access a page i' ve created in poko.

the name of the page is "pipo"

i copied the test page .hx/mtt with the name Pipo. an Pipo.mtt and the same" site.examples" package
in my overriding main function : i have page = PageData.getPageByName("pipo");

at compilling i do have the "examples__Pipo.mtt.php" file being created 

but when i try to access the following request "http://127.0.0.1/labhaxe/PokoCMS/www/?request=examples.Pipo"
i do have a 404 error Not a valid request .

note that when i modify TestPage.hx with "page = PageData.getPageByName("pipo")" instead of page = PageData.getPageByName("test page") it works ...

any tip ?


--
 + o |‹ i o p › création graphique, web, 3d
+ o |‹ ! o b › tokiop.com › tel: 06 63 96 44 38

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
yeahh thanks tony and Victor !
i now can go further and explore remoting with poko !

thanks for the mac process victor ( je regarderais ça plus tard ... merci :) )

dav

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
ok .. i'am completely stuck with the remoting stuff
I thought i could look over the xmlData and Rss in the services package to get started but they can't compile ... lack of poko.Request wich do not exist.

does someone has a little bit of code to show  how to access poko data from outside  via xml or remoting ?.

sorry for all my requests ...

dav


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tony Polinelli

You have a controlller as normal. On the controller there is an 'init' method which gets called before 'main' - this is called for all requests, whereas main is not called for remoting requests. So, you setup your remoting in the init.

package services;

class Data extends Controller
{
    override public function init()
    {
        super.init();
       
        remoting.addObject("api", {
            getData:getData
        } );
    }

    override public function main()
    {
        setOutput(getData());
    }
   
    public function getData():Dynamic
    {
        var data:Dynamic = { };
        data.focus = { }
        data.focus.focus = PageData.getPageByName("Our Focus").data;
        data.focus.philosophy = PageData.getPageByName("Our Philosophy").data;
        data.contact = PageData.getPageByName("Contact").data;
        data.quotes = application.db.request("SELECT * FROM `quotes`");
        data.people = PageData.getPageByName("People").data;
        data.people.data = application.db.request("SELECT * FROM `people` ORDER BY `order`");
        data.experience = application.db.request("SELECT * FROM `experience` ORDER BY `order`");
        data.news = application.db.request("SELECT * FROM `news` ORDER BY `date` DESC");
        data.homeImage = PageData.getPageByName("Homepage").data.image;
        data.images = application.db.request("SELECT * FROM `images`");
       
        return data;
    }
}


You could have a 'main' called which prints out the data if requested in the browser - this is useful for testing. I've used setOutput here - this might be old code, you could just do a trace, or php.Lib.print  or even better a poko.utils.PhpTools.pf() <- print formatted.

You can see that you will be able to request and send data from the database quite easily. If you need things like sending of emails etc, just add some more methods to the remoting, then hit them from the app.

cheers
Tony




On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:27 AM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:
ok .. i'am completely stuck with the remoting stuff
I thought i could look over the xmlData and Rss in the services package to get started but they can't compile ... lack of poko.Request wich do not exist.

does someone has a little bit of code to show  how to access poko data from outside  via xml or remoting ?.

sorry for all my requests ...

dav


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Tony Polinelli
http://touchmypixel.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
Thank you Tony for the example !
works well !

lets' build a site now !

Dav 


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
another lame question ...

I don't see any table for the menu in the sql example.
is it stocked anywhere ?
does poko have special request for it or do i have to repopulate a custom menu with db queries ?

thx

Dav 

 


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer-2
There's a sample table as a ".SQL" in the root. Is that what your talking about?

--------------------------
Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Touch My Pixel
--------------------------

On 02/09/2010, at 9:37 PM, dav kert <[hidden email]> wrote:

another lame question ...

I don't see any table for the menu in the sql example.
is it stocked anywhere ?
does poko have special request for it or do i have to repopulate a custom menu with db queries ?

thx

Dav 

 

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

jlm@justinfront.net
In reply to this post by victor / tokiop
On 31 Aug 2010, at 16:24, Victor / tokiop wrote:

hi dav,

indeed poko is a nice tool :)
for your custom Pipo page, it might be that you must add "import site.examples.Pipo;" in example/ImportAll.hx

for using Poko on mac os this is my process :
- recompile makeTemplates (src/poko_makeTemplates/) source is updated for mac paths but needs to be recompiled
- replace the root MakeTemplates.n with fresh one and temploc.exe by a mac temploc executable
- modify src/site/Config.hx
- rename the make/make_example.bat as .sh and run them in terminal

should be it, happy pokin' !

victor


Does pokoCMS compile to Neko, I ask this because generally its seems easier to dev with neko, and I got some space specifically to use neko.

Are there any examples of how you normally hook up with flash, or suggestions, would pokoCMS be suitable for wordpress type thing?

Does pokoCMS work with 2.06 haxe?

Is there a working zip for a mac (leopard) a regular on the list can throw up ( also ubuntu version ) that I can try out, I would really like to start with something that works, and not spend hours just trying to get a base structure to run, I suck at command line, I don't know maybe I have just had bad experiences with some haxe related stuff not setup for mac.

Ps just watching the Monash Uni video on touchmypixel's site - interesting and inspiring.
 
Cheers

;j






--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: pokoCMS

postite
In reply to this post by Tarwin Stroh-Spijer-2
heu , not exactly ...

in the purpose of practicing PokoCMS, i wanted to set up a basic site as a sandbox.
after successfully implemented remoting (thx to tony), i'am able to retrieve my pages , datasets etc...
but i just wanted to access the backend menu wich is populated with my pages and datasets in the same hierarchy and order.
I 've looked for a place where those infos would be stocked and i couldn't find it. except in the .sql example in the table _settings where there is a field "siteview" . But that field is "strangely" serialized.

my question was ? is there a way to retrieve those informations (about the menu) in a List or whatever haxe-readable object.
Or do you use a db.request routine like "Select * Where showInMenu=1" stuff ?


thx

Dav


On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
There's a sample table as a ".SQL" in the root. Is that what your talking about?



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
12