please help with android

Raoul Duke
hi,

i just don't understand what is going on.

* android likes java-dalvik more than anything, no?
* haxe doesn't support that target, right?
* so i guess everything is via gcc/g++ "native" code.
* but then what version of android is required for that?
* how does that not/work with the emulator i want to test my code in?
* any other things you've worked through?

thanks for helping this clueless and easily confused person.

Re: please help with android

Alex Liebert
Hi Raoul,

(I've only tested on devices, not the emulator but)

what do you mean by what version of android? (as in os version? or...sdk?) you should just need the ndk.

alex

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi,

i just don't understand what is going on.

* android likes java-dalvik more than anything, no?
* haxe doesn't support that target, right?
* so i guess everything is via gcc/g++ "native" code.
* but then what version of android is required for that?
* how does that not/work with the emulator i want to test my code in?
* any other things you've worked through?

thanks for helping this clueless and easily confused person.

Re: please help with android

Raoul Duke
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Alex Liebert
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> what do you mean by what version of android? (as in os version? or...sdk?)
> you should just need the ndk.

i mean anything, everything, that might be involved as a pre-requisite
for haxe to successfully build and run on (ideally both) the emulator
and devices.

thanks :-)

Re: please help with android

Alex Liebert
I have these installed:

Android SDK (from google android site)
Android NDK (from google android site)
Microsoft Visual C++ Express
haxe 2.07
hxcpp from haxelib
nme from haxelib

I have the proper environment variables set when running nme from command line

ANDROID_NDK_ROOT
ANDROID_SDK
ANT_HOME
HAXE_PATH
JAVA_HOME
NEKO_INSTPATH

and a number of class and lib path variables, that are specific to my windows/visual c++ and java installations.

What errors are you encountering currently?

Alex

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> what do you mean by what version of android? (as in os version? or...sdk?)
> you should just need the ndk.

i mean anything, everything, that might be involved as a pre-requisite
for haxe to successfully build and run on (ideally both) the emulator
and devices.

thanks :-)

Re: please help with android

Android natively uses Java. It supports C++ using the Java Native
Interface (JNI). Publishing for Android with NME uses a combination of
Java, C++ libraries and generated C++ code to create your application.

It does not work in the emulator, to my knowledge, because it uses OpenGL
ES, which I do not think is supported in the Android emulator.

I think it currently requires Android 2.1 and up

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:53:16 -0700, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Alex Liebert
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> what do you mean by what version of android? (as in os version?
>> or...sdk?)
>> you should just need the ndk.
>
> i mean anything, everything, that might be involved as a pre-requisite
> for haxe to successfully build and run on (ideally both) the emulator
> and devices.
>
> thanks :-)

Re: please help with android

Mihail Ivanchev
Joshua, I kinda submitted an issue two months ago with a quite fix to make NME OpenGL ES 1.0 conform. Making these code changes will make NME run on the emulator flawlessly.

NME requires >=Android 1.5.

Regards,
M. Ivanchev