physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

sledorze
What's the safer approach for IPhone dev?

Nape looks pretty active and has a lot of nice additional features one can see in the samples.

I have nothing settled about the game itself up to now;
I'll start toying to find an interesting gameplay.

Thanks,
Stephane

Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

sledorze
Ok, nape looks cool but cannot compile to cpp (weird error and I have not the time and courage to track it down).
I'll go with box2d as it looks like everybody is using it :)

Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
I think Nape uses "caxe" (http://code.google.com/p/caxe/) which lets the developer do some insane optimizations, which I think are Flash specific.

I'd go with Box2D unless you need super fastness in Flash specifically.

Hopefully the new (maybe) "memory" stuff in hxcpp will make it easier to do these optimizations cross platform at a later time.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, nape looks cool but cannot compile to cpp (weird error and I have not the
time and courage to track it down).
I'll go with box2d as it looks like everybody is using it :)

Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

Achmad Aulia Noorhakim

Out of curiosity, is there an up to date box2d haxe implementation ?

On Jul 17, 2011 10:17 PM, "Tarwin Stroh-Spijer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think Nape uses "caxe" (http://code.google.com/p/caxe/) which lets the
> developer do some insane optimizations, which I think are Flash specific.
>
> I'd go with Box2D unless you need super fastness in Flash specifically.
>
> Hopefully the new (maybe) "memory" stuff in hxcpp will make it easier to do
> these optimizations cross platform at a later time.
>

> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________
>

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:25 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Ok, nape looks cool but cannot compile to cpp (weird error and I have not
>> the
>> time and courage to track it down).
>> I'll go with box2d as it looks like everybody is using it :)

Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

luca deltodesco
the new versions of nape do compile to cpp, i have it as part of my build routine so i can check it doesn't become breaking at any point. Though i've never actually 'tested' the cpp build, it does compile with no errors :P

> Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 07:25:50 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [haXe] Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?
>
> Ok, nape looks cool but cannot compile to cpp (weird error and I have not the
> time and courage to track it down).
> I'll go with box2d as it looks like everybody is using it :)

Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

luca deltodesco
I should add: when using --no-inline. I've never had much luck with inlining and hxcpp!

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: RE: [haXe] Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:49:04 +0000

-- haXe - an open source web programming language http://haxe.org

Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?

sledorze
Mmmm could be that, indeed..

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 15:49:04 +0000

the new versions of nape do compile to cpp, i have it as part of my build routine so i can check it doesn't become breaking at any point. Though i've never actually 'tested' the cpp build, it does compile with no errors :P

> Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 07:25:50 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [haXe] Re: physaxe, box2d or nape for game dev on iphone?
>
> Ok, nape looks cool but cannot compile to cpp (weird error and I have not the
> time and courage to track it down).
> I'll go with box2d as it looks like everybody is using it :)

-- haXe - an open source web programming language http://haxe.org

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/physaxe-box2d-or-nape-for-game-dev-on-iphone-tp6591786p6592144.html

Stéphane Le Dorze

Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15