opposite of super?

slenkar
i have a little GUI system

base object is Gadget

Picture extends Gadget as do the other gadgets like button,label,

I want a virtual method called 'show()'

I have a list of Gadgets (they could be buttons labels or Pictures)

I go through the list and want to show them all,
problem is the show method of Gadget is blank as its virtual ( or in haxe 'dynamic')

so nothing happens.

So, how do I make it call the appropiate 'show' function ?

Re: opposite of super?

slenkar
in the Gadget Class

show is 'dynamic' and in the gadgets (button,picture,label)
their show methods are 'override'

Re: opposite of super?

slenkar
i am putting traces in the show methods of gadget and picture
so i can tell that gadget.show is being called but not picture.show

Re: opposite of super?

slenkar
OK i solved it now, i had to remove 'dynamic'