noob question

tschrimshaw
Hello, im new at using haXe from which will become obvious very soon.

I was just following the flash hello world tutorial on the site and had gotten as far as setting up the compile hxml file and Test.hx then when it came to “simply double click the compile.hxml” it just opens it in textedit and if I try to tell it to build in textMate it tells me the lib.swf is missing so if I change the file to look for lib.swfml instead it tells me it’s corrupted. Also if I try to run the compile file from the command line it says it cant find the compile.hxml file.

Im really sorry if im doing something stupid but im just trying to learn how to set up a project so I can build something cool, if you could help me out that would be sweet,

Cheers.

Re: noob question

Ian Martins
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello, im new at using haXe from which will become obvious very soon.
>
> I was just following the flash hello world tutorial on the site and
> had gotten as far as setting up the compile hxml file and Test.hx then
> when it came to “simply double click the compile.hxml” it just opens
> it in textedit and if I try to tell it to build in textMate it tells
> me the lib.swf is missing so if I change the file to look for
> lib.swfml instead it tells me it’s corrupted. Also if I try to run the
> compile file from the command line it says it cant find the
> compile.hxml file.
>
> Im really sorry if im doing something stupid but im just trying to
> learn how to set up a project so I can build something cool, if you
> could help me out that would be sweet,
>
> Cheers.
run "haxe compile.hxml" from the command line.

Re: noob question

jlm@justinfront.net
Did u try

apple-shift-B

while viewing the .hxml in textmate, you have the haxe bundle I presume?

;j