nodeJs and haXe - preferred web framework?

nodeJs and haXe - preferred web framework?

sledorze
Now coming back to nodeJs.
I am wondering what you guys are using as a web framework and also (got 2 use cases) for facebook games with haxe / nodejs.
(I have not found any externs for Express for instance).

My main needs are security and getting a mvc framework for web dev. (I may use json like and/or haXe serialization base communication).

Thanks for any information,

Stephane

P.S.:
For information my only serious experience (and reference) with web frameworks is Play! (which is quite cool) I've used also Lift but not in production.
I know of ufront which is mvc2, but looks like nodejs support is still experimental..

Re: nodeJs and haXe - preferred web framework?

Dion Whitehead Amago
There's a bunch of relevant externs in

http://lib.haxe.org/p/nodejs_externs

Connect or EveryAuth has Facebook and Google oauth externs.

I should list them in the haxelib description, I'll do that in the
next update.  If you add any, it would be good to add them to that
library.

Dion

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now coming back to nodeJs.
> I am wondering what you guys are using as a web framework and also (got 2
> use cases) for facebook games with haxe / nodejs.
> (I have not found any externs for Express for instance).
>
> My main needs are security and getting a mvc framework for web dev. (I may
> use json like and/or haXe serialization base communication).
>
> Thanks for any information,
>
> Stephane
>

> P.S.:
> For information my only serious experience (and reference) with web
> frameworks is Play! (which is quite cool) I've used also Lift but not in
> production.
> I know of ufront which is mvc2, but looks like nodejs support is still
> experimental..

Re: nodeJs and haXe - preferred web framework?

Dion Whitehead Amago
The nodejs_externs now lists the libraries.

Re: nodeJs and haXe - preferred web framework?

sledorze
Ok, thanks!

I am wondering; what version of node those librairies are aiming at?
I plan to use Heroku to deploy but it's still 0.4.7.. (dunno about compatibility breaks between nodejs versions)

Stephane

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Dion Whitehead Amago [via Haxe] <[hidden email]> wrote:
There's a bunch of relevant externs in

http://lib.haxe.org/p/nodejs_externs

Connect or EveryAuth has Facebook and Google oauth externs.

I should list them in the haxelib description, I'll do that in the
next update.  If you add any, it would be good to add them to that
library.

Dion

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 11:39 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Now coming back to nodeJs.
> I am wondering what you guys are using as a web framework and also (got 2
> use cases) for facebook games with haxe / nodejs.
> (I have not found any externs for Express for instance).
>
> My main needs are security and getting a mvc framework for web dev. (I may
> use json like and/or haXe serialization base communication).
>
> Thanks for any information,
>
> Stephane
>

> P.S.:
> For information my only serious experience (and reference) with web
> frameworks is Play! (which is quite cool) I've used also Lift but not in
> production.
> I know of ufront which is mvc2, but looks like nodejs support is still
> experimental..

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/nodeJs-and-haXe-preferred-web-framework-tp6872803p6873204.html

Stéphane Le Dorze