nme/neash

tom rhodes
hi all,

after some serious lurking there's some very interesting stuff in here...

i'd not looked into nme and neash before and the idea a "re-invented cross-platform Haxe version of the Flash API" is amazing. can someone please advise on which targets you can use nme and/or neash for, the differences between them, their goals and how complete a representation of the flash API exists?

thanks,

tom.

Re: nme/neash

Gamehaxe
Hi tom,
The initial nme/neash versions are combining to be the new "nme 2".
Currently, support is for:
neko/cpp with mac,linux & windows (32 bits)
and iphone with cpp only.  I'm currently looking into android with cpp.

The basic functionality is the same for all versions - you can use
opengl or software rendering.  There is some minor differences in how
the windows etc are treated.

The API is somewhat limited - it is mainly centered around getting games
going.
So starting at the "DisplayObject" class and working outwards.
To be specific, you can see the implementation at:
http://code.google.com/p/nekonme/source/browse/#svn/trunk/version2/nme

Hugh

> hi all,
>
> after some serious lurking there's some very interesting stuff in here...
>
> i'd not looked into nme and neash before and the idea a "re-invented
> cross-platform Haxe version of the Flash API" is amazing. can someone
> please
> advise on which targets you can use nme and/or neash for, the differences
> between them, their goals and how complete a representation of the flash
> API
> exists?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom.

Re: nme/neash

Benjamin Dasnois
Hi Hugh,

What are you plan in regard to the JS target? (JS/Canvas platform).
Maybe it's time to start a "real" project (as in "get people to work on things")?

Neash/nme/nme2 are great projects and are really interesting, now I think it would be great to have them a bit more "organized" (no offense to what you've done until now ;))

Regards,

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Hugh Sanderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: nme/neash

Benjamin Dasnois
Having C++/Neko & JS/Canvas in the same project doesn't mean that they have to share the same code-base.

I didn't even ask for it to be synchronized.;)