nme/gm2d

Elsass Philippe
Huge,
fantastic updates on nme & gm2d!

It's really to start to look like an "it just works" framework, with
special kudos on locating cl.exe automatically.

Now about issues (Win7 32bits, latest dev hxcpp/nme/gm2d, VS2008).

Cpp target issues:
- Dialog, BitmapFont: crash on start with "Error: Null Function Pointer".

Neko target seem to always fail for me:
- Tilemap: "Could not find function val_array_double"
- Dialog, BitmapFont: crash

Flash target issues:
- BitmapText keyboard support is too rudimentary and with my French
keyboard I can't enter many characters. The Flash target could use a
hidden regular TextField to receive the correct characters mapping.
- how can I set the -debug option to enable interactive Flash debugging?

Re: nme/gm2d

The val_array_double (and possible Null function pointer) looks
like you need to update some stuff - probably hxcpp, then a clean
rebuild of NME by first removing the obj directory.

The TextField is a tricky one - I would gladly accept a patch for this,
since I have not looked too deeply into this problem.

Hugh

> Huge,
> fantastic updates on nme & gm2d!
>
> It's really to start to look like an "it just works" framework, with
> special kudos on locating cl.exe automatically.
>
> Now about issues (Win7 32bits, latest dev hxcpp/nme/gm2d, VS2008).
>
> Cpp target issues:
> - Dialog, BitmapFont: crash on start with "Error: Null Function Pointer".
>
> Neko target seem to always fail for me:
> - Tilemap: "Could not find function val_array_double"
> - Dialog, BitmapFont: crash
>
> Flash target issues:
> - BitmapText keyboard support is too rudimentary and with my French
> keyboard I can't enter many characters. The Flash target could use a
> hidden regular TextField to receive the correct characters mapping.
> - how can I set the -debug option to enable interactive Flash debugging?

Re: nme/gm2d

Elsass Philippe
I've completely checked-out again hxcpp & nme, haxelib dev path is
properly configured.

Cpp target seems to work now - at least for BitmapFont sample. And I
can now see that text input is slightly better than in Flash but still
quite funky (basically Shift modifier is utterly broken, except this
time for numbers).

Still no joy with Neko target with BitmapFont (same val_array_double
error) so I can't tell if text input works better :P
Particles didn't work too but strangely Dialog & App samples work, so
it's not desperate.

Maybe I need to get a nightly haxe build or something? What can I do
to track these issues?