[nme] finding out why it is not working on android

[nme] finding out why it is not working on android

Nathan Hüsken
Hi,

I have an NME application. It compiles to cpp, it compiles to flash and
it works fine in both cases.

Now I compile it to android, and get a "MyApplication-debug.apk".
I start the android emulator and install the application with adb.

Now when I try to start the applicaton on the emulator, I get a black
screen for a moment and nothing more.

What can I do to find out what the problem is? I do not get any error
messages or anything. Which debug possibilities do I have?

Thanks!
Nathan

Re: [nme] finding out why it is not working on android

You should check the logs - there is probably something about
an unsupported opengl API.  This is a known bug when running the
emulator - there is a fix in the pipeline.
It should work on a real device though.

> I have an NME application. It compiles to cpp, it compiles to flash and
> it works fine in both cases.
>
> Now I compile it to android, and get a "MyApplication-debug.apk".
> I start the android emulator and install the application with adb.
>
> Now when I try to start the applicaton on the emulator, I get a black
> screen for a moment and nothing more.
>
> What can I do to find out what the problem is? I do not get any error
> messages or anything. Which debug possibilities do I have?
>
> Thanks!
> Nathan

Re: [nme] finding out why it is not working on android

Mihail Ivanchev
It is caused by NME breaking compatibility with OpenGL ES 1.0. I describe a fix under:

Part 1 was fixed as far as I know.

Regards