nme and networking

Nathan Hüsken
Hi,

Is there any way to do network communication in NME or in haXe that
works on iphone, android and flash?
I can only find nme.net.SharedObject and it does not look to be what I
am looking for.

Thanks!
Nathan

Re: nme and networking

Mihail Ivanchev
Hi,

NME is just a graphical library. To use the networking functionality you must use either native tools or some other crossplatform library. Kryonet is a good one for Android.

Cheers!

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Nathan Hüsken <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Is there any way to do network communication in NME or in haXe that
works on iphone, android and flash?
I can only find nme.net.SharedObject and it does not look to be what I
am looking for.

Thanks!
Nathan

Re: nme and networking

Hi Nathan!

Are you looking for standard network requests, or more of a "remoting"
style of communication?

You probably are looking for nme.net.URLLoader? It uses cURL to make a
request to a server, which usually is what you need to communicate with a
backend

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 05:22:26 -0700, Nathan Hüsken

> Is there any way to do network communication in NME or in haXe that
> works on iphone, android and flash?
> I can only find nme.net.SharedObject and it does not look to be what I
> am looking for.
>
> Thanks!
> Nathan

Re: nme and networking

Nathan Hüsken
I am looking for basic socket communication.
I found out, that the flash as well as the cpp target have a socket.
Does that mean it is also usable for iphone target? What about android
(I do not yet have a device).