new to NodeJs - communication questions..

new to NodeJs - communication questions..

sledorze
Hi!
As some of you may know I am working on a facebook game prototype using NodeJs.
I NEVER used nodeJs nor have done a facebook app.

About the transport layer, I know of Dion Amago Async bidirectional communication and also bout cloudshift nodehttp.

However looking at nodejs community (and facebook sample app) it looks like http://socket.io/ is used a lot.

Here are my questions:
- Security (dos attacks etc..) need to be integrated with those solutions and I wonder how it would / could be done.
- Authentication: With haxe solutions, how can it be kept in order to not having to do authentication at each request.
- Performance of serialization / deserialization of haxe objects compared to json encoding (server side performance cost)

Thanks for any information,
Stephane