neko cgi/fastcgi shared hosting

tom rhodes
Hi,

a while ago i tried to get this going on my shared hosting...

but i got a bit lost because i don't have Shell access and debugging what wasn't working was a pain. so i gave up!

i read a while back about the neko on cgi/fastcgi in a thread on this list and now i'm wondering if this process is easier? or has changed?

i really, REALLY, want to get neko running on my shared hosting if i can, anyone able to lend a hand?

cheers,

tom.

Re: neko cgi/fastcgi shared hosting

tom rhodes

i was referring in particular to this message in the "production ready server" thread...

"Nice, we now have a fully mod_neko compatible fastcgi implementation for the cpp target.
To make the neko target fully functionnal, hxcpp have to implement api_buffer_size and api_buffer_data in nekoapi. I'll send patches if I found time for this.

To deploy a fastcgi cpp project, you need hxfcgi.ndll and the three .dso files from hxcpp in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Is there a way to create some sort of static "all included" binary ?

For templating with cpp, you can use haxe.Template (less functionalities than templo, similar syntax). You may also try htemplate from franco (https://github.com/ciscoheat/htemplate/wiki).

db stuff should definitely move to a haxe.db package, we now need it for neko, php, cpp, server-side js,  c# and java soon."

is what is referred to above found here http://haxe.org/com/libs/hxfcgi?? and is it easy to get it running on a shared box?

thanks,

tom.
On 18 June 2011 11:43, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

a while ago i tried to get this going on my shared hosting...

but i got a bit lost because i don't have Shell access and debugging what wasn't working was a pain. so i gave up!

i read a while back about the neko on cgi/fastcgi in a thread on this list and now i'm wondering if this process is easier? or has changed?

i really, REALLY, want to get neko running on my shared hosting if i can, anyone able to lend a hand?

cheers,

tom.

Re: neko cgi/fastcgi shared hosting

KaalH!
Hi Tom,

you can copy all .ndll and .dso files from hxcpp and neko for your platform in your cgi directory, it should work
I will document this better soon.

kaalh

Le 21 juin 2011 à 11:05, tom rhodes a écrit :

[...]

hey Kaalh,

thanks for the response was starting to feel invisible ;)

ok, so i compile my server side stuff for hxcpp, then chuck the ndll's and dso's in the cgi directory and it'll go?

sounds too good to be true, no need for mod_neko? (can't install anything on my box)

On 21 June 2011 15:27, KaalH! <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I was quite busy these days, back to work now.

Here is how you can deploy a neko/hxfcgi app on shared hosting.

0/ we assume you can compile your project on the same architecture as the production server.

1/ create a "hxlibs" folder, not in the docroot if possible

2/ compile your neko/hxfcgi project ( example:  test.n) , then use "nekotools boot test.n" and put the resulting "test" executable into hxlibs folder as "test.cgi"

3/ put all needed .dso and .ndll files in the hxlibs folder.
You should now have in your hxlibs folder at least : hxfcgi.ndll  libneko.so.0  libneko.so.0.1  mysql.ndll  nekoapi.ndll  regexp.dso  regexp.ndll  std.dso  std.ndll  test.cgi  zlib.dso  zlib.ndll

4/ in your cgi-bin dir, create a wrapper called "test.cgi" with the following content :

#!/bin/sh
export HXLIBS=your/path/to/hxlibs
export LD\_LIBRARY\_PATH=$HXLIBS
export NEKOPATH=$HXLIBS
exec $HXLIBS/$(basename $0)

5/ "chmod +x" the wrapper and the cgi files

6/ cross your fingers and test it :)

We may package "hxlibs" folders and deploy scripts for all supported architectures in the future.

kaalh

Le 21 juin 2011 à 17:10, tom rhodes a écrit :

[...]

great, thanks for this, my shared box is linux and i develop in windows with flash develop, i have a dual boot with ubuntu though so i'll set up haxe in there to compile a hello world and give it a go this afternoon/tomorrow morning.

thanks again, really much appreciated.

Hi,

Le 22 juin 2011 à 12:34, tom rhodes a écrit :

great, thanks for this, my shared box is linux and i develop in windows with flash develop, i have a dual boot with ubuntu though so i'll set up haxe in there to compile a hello world and give it a go this afternoon/tomorrow morning.

Is your production server 32 or 64 bits ?