nacl-ocaml compiler

tong-2
just stumbled upon:
http://code.google.com/p/nacl-ocaml/
NaCl/OCaml is a compiler that converts Objective Caml source code into
machine code that can be validated with Google Native Client. It is
implemented as a patch to the standard OCaml compiler.
---
.. anyone ? :-)

--
[) | 5 |<  † |2 3 3 - http://disktree.net

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

Michael Cann
Oooo! Yes an IDE in the browser, now that would be the thing!

On 26 October 2011 23:42, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I guess this would be good for an online IDE right? Code completion in this, everything else JS?

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

2011/10/26 tong <[hidden email]>
just stumbled upon:
http://code.google.com/p/nacl-ocaml/
NaCl/OCaml is a compiler that converts Objective Caml source code into machine code that can be validated with Google Native Client. It is implemented as a patch to the standard OCaml compiler.
---
.. anyone ? :-)

--
[) | 5 |<  † |2 3 3 - http://disktree.net

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

sledorze
EcliHx is lacking navigation for me..

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

sledorze
wow.. having that integrated with a proper github commit system would be really mind blowing..

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

Benjamin Dasnois
Hello,

Actually, I use TextMate with a haXe bundle. Does its job pretty well.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:17 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
EcliHx is lacking navigation for me..

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

sledorze
however, dunno how to cope with the neko part..

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM, sledorze [via Haxe] <[hidden email]> wrote:
wow.. having that integrated with a proper github commit system would be really mind blowing..

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/nacl-ocaml-compiler-tp6934524p6935608.html
To unsubscribe from nacl-ocaml compiler, click here.

--
Stéphane Le Dorze

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

clemos
I had a small look at adding haXe support to this (in haXe JS :) ),
but I don't have time to work on that :S :
https://github.com/ajaxorg/ace

Clément

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:

> wow.. having that integrated with a proper github commit system would be
> really mind blowing..

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

Jason O'Neil-2
+1 if anyone can get a haxe syntax plugin for ACE working.

Even basic syntax highlighting would be helpful.  They have syntax highlighting for a lot of other languages, including AS3 and C#, so you could probably use one of those as a base.  Also don't have a lot of time at the moment.

Jason

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:01 PM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had a small look at adding haXe support to this (in haXe JS :) ),
but I don't have time to work on that :S :
https://github.com/ajaxorg/ace

Clément

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
> wow.. having that integrated with a proper github commit system would be
> really mind blowing..

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

Le 27/10/2011 10:51, Michael Cann a écrit :
> Oooo! Yes an IDE in the browser, now that would be the thing!

Actually quite feasible :

a) use http://codemirror.net with haxe Syntax highlighting for edition

b) on save/compile send the code to a PHP/Neko/whatever web service that
will compile it and send back the errors/result

c) display errors on client side and allow to click on them to go to the
given line

d) save code buffers into js.Storage (HTML5 local storage) or online

e) on . or ( , call again the web service to get completion and display
it back

And... that's all :)

A few days to get something working, a few more weeks for a very good
IDE I guess ;)

Re: nacl-ocaml compiler

tong-2
On 10/27/2011 12:53 PM, Nicolas Cannasse wrote:

> Le 27/10/2011 10:51, Michael Cann a écrit :
>> Oooo! Yes an IDE in the browser, now that would be the thing!
>
> Actually quite feasible :
>
> a) use http://codemirror.net with haxe Syntax highlighting for edition
>
> b) on save/compile send the code to a PHP/Neko/whatever web service
> that will compile it and send back the errors/result
>
> c) display errors on client side and allow to click on them to go to
> the given line
>
> d) save code buffers into js.Storage (HTML5 local storage) or online
>
> e) on . or ( , call again the web service to get completion and
> display it back

.. haXe-NaCl would bring haXe to chromeOS.

a NME port would be awesome too:
http://code.google.com/chrome/nativeclient/docs/portingSDLGames.html

.. also if we could target NaCl from haXe seamlessly by marking
classes/methods/.. as NaCl/C++ ones and generate the javascript bindings
automatically.
---

i am currently blown by NaCl, finally i can play tie-fighter and descent
on linux :-)
http://www.naclbox.com/

/tong

--