my gamez

slenkar
I made a couple of games with haxe:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/slenkar/squad-tactics
http://www.kongregate.com/games/slenkar/rebound

i only earnt 3 dollars with both of 'em though he heeh hehe

thanks for haxe nicholas

what is everyone else workin on?

Re: my gamez

Bruno Garcia
On 04/02/2010 09:03 AM, slenkar wrote:

> what is everyone else workin on?

I'm working on Facebook games.

"City Living" was my incomplete city simulation game. It compiles to
Flash, JS and Neko (deployed on Tora) from haXe. You play by building
homes, renting them out and arranging other buildings nearby to keep
your residents happy: http://apps.facebook.com/cityliving/

I'm currently using haXe to roll another FB game, but this time
deploying the backend on NodeJS.

Bruno

Re: my gamez

Mister Sketch
I was working on an NES emulator (FP10+):

At least until I found out that the Flash 10 dynamic sound API has a huge latency (which you can see for yourself if you turn the sound on by press F8).  After that setback and realizing I couldn't make the emulator experience I wanted, I stopped development.  It just needs a few bugs fixed in the sound system and support for more mappers.  You can even load local roms by pressing F9 while it's running.  The graphics and timing systems are pretty good (i.e. it plays Battletoads properly which even VirtualNES.com didn't do last I checked), just the sound that sucks.

I've contacted Adobe to fix this sound issue, but haven't heard anything.  I had even started working on an SNES and PSX emulator in Haxe, but stopped after seeing no solution to the sound problem.

-S-

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM, slenkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

I made a couple of games with haxe:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/slenkar/squad-tactics
http://www.kongregate.com/games/slenkar/rebound

i only earnt 3 dollars with both of 'em though he heeh hehe

thanks for haxe nicholas

what is everyone else workin on?

Re: my gamez

Benjamin Dasnois
Hi Mister Sketch,

I think you shouldn't stop working on such great projects just because of sound.

I'm a big musical game player, and if you could make vib ribbon work
through haXe that would be awesome but still, most of the time I can
play most of the games without sound.

You should keep up the good work and I'm sure someday Adobe will fix
that problem, then you'll have something very good!

Also, as a side note, that would realy be a great show-case for haXe.
(I know that's not necessarily what you want to spend your time on,
but I thought that maybe that could motivate you)

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:41 PM, Mister Sketch
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I was working on an NES emulator (FP10+):
> http://cgarcade.com/nes
> At least until I found out that the Flash 10 dynamic sound API has a huge
> latency (which you can see for yourself if you turn the sound on by press
> F8).  After that setback and realizing I couldn't make the emulator
> experience I wanted, I stopped development.  It just needs a few bugs fixed
> in the sound system and support for more mappers.  You can even load local
> roms by pressing F9 while it's running.  The graphics and timing systems are
> pretty good (i.e. it plays Battletoads properly which even VirtualNES.com
> didn't do last I checked), just the sound that sucks.
> I've contacted Adobe to fix this sound issue, but haven't heard anything.  I
> had even started working on an SNES and PSX emulator in Haxe, but stopped
> after seeing no solution to the sound problem.
> -S-
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:03 AM, slenkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I made a couple of games with haxe:
>> http://www.kongregate.com/games/slenkar/squad-tactics
>> http://www.kongregate.com/games/slenkar/rebound
>>

>> i only earnt 3 dollars with both of 'em though he heeh hehe
>>

>> thanks for haxe nicholas
>>
>> what is everyone else workin on?

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: my gamez

slenkar
the city living game is fun

Re: my gamez

slenkar
i tried the emulator and there were no sound problems, is your PC slow?
i got about 60fps

Re: my gamez

Don-Duong Quach
I've been working on TinyTown with some friends.  http://apps.facebook.com/tinytowngame/  http://www.domisuto.com

The game is mostly as3, but key libraries are in haXe for speed and awesomeness.  It's a city life game kind of like Bruno's where you building out a town but going forward the emphasis is going to shift towards managing your Tinys.

-Don

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Bruno Garcia <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 04/02/2010 09:03 AM, slenkar wrote:

what is everyone else workin on?

I'm working on Facebook games.

"City Living" was my incomplete city simulation game. It compiles to Flash, JS and Neko (deployed on Tora) from haXe. You play by building homes, renting them out and arranging other buildings nearby to keep your residents happy: http://apps.facebook.com/cityliving/

I'm currently using haXe to roll another FB game, but this time deploying the backend on NodeJS.

Bruno

Re: my gamez

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
That's really impressive and inspiring stuff, guys.

I'm mainly a lurker in this list, as I've gone through another path some years ago, leaving Flash development behind. I've started with Ruby and Rails, and, although I've learned a lot, expanded my possibilites throughout these years, and have a steady job currently, I still have this great passion for game development (and graphics design).

The issue is that I just can't seem to find time to play with all of this. But I'll eventually get back to Flash and game development someday.

Keep up the good work,

Marcelo.

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Justin Lawerance Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

That's really cool! I had played your game before, I didn't know it also
used haxe. (Glad you got rid of the giant avatar ;)

I think I might throw my source code up on google code. As an
independent developer, I've learned it's really hard to make a
content-driven game in your spare time without a pro artist, so I won't
be finishing the game. I think my code would still be valuable to people
looking for examples on how to design and deploy a largish FB app with haxe.

Bruno

On 04/03/2010 08:43 AM, Don-Duong Quach wrote:

> I've been working on TinyTown with some friends.
> http://apps.facebook.com/tinytowngame/ http://www.domisuto.com
>
> The game is mostly as3, but key libraries are in haXe for speed and
> awesomeness.  It's a city life game kind of like Bruno's where you
> building out a town but going forward the emphasis is going to shift
> towards managing your Tinys.
>
> -Don
>
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Bruno Garcia <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/02/2010 09:03 AM, slenkar wrote:
>

>         what is everyone else workin on?
>

>     I'm working on Facebook games.
>
>     "City Living" was my incomplete city simulation game. It compiles to
>     Flash, JS and Neko (deployed on Tora) from haXe. You play by
>     building homes, renting them out and arranging other buildings
>     nearby to keep your residents happy:
>     http://apps.facebook.com/cityliving/
>
>     I'm currently using haXe to roll another FB game, but this time
>     deploying the backend on NodeJS.
>
>     Bruno
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org