my first game

Baluta Cristian
Just for fun in your breaks, made with haxe of course and with my own tweening engine, i'm not sure if i'll not obtain better performances with local enterframes: http://www.whacktheagency.com

--
Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: my first game

Simon Krajewski
  That's a nice one! You should make an upload form where people can
enter a unique name and upload their own pictures. It then returns
http://www.whacktheagency.com/game/enteredName where the own pictures
are being used in the game. Then a small viral promotion on facebook and
co and your game will soon be known in offices and schools all around
the world. ;)

Regards
Simon

Am 14.12.2010 19:10, schrieb Baluta Cristian:
> Just for fun in your breaks, made with haxe of course and with my own
> tweening engine, i'm not sure if i'll not obtain better performances
> with local enterframes: http://www.whacktheagency.com
>
> --
> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

Re: my first game

MarcWeber
Excerpts from Simon Krajewski's message of Tue Dec 14 19:20:44 +0100 2010:
>   That's a nice one! You should make an upload form where people can
> enter a unique name and upload their own pictures. It then returns
> http://www.whacktheagency.com/game/enteredName where the own pictures
> are being used in the game. Then a small viral promotion on facebook and
> co and your game will soon be known in offices and schools all around
> the world. ;)

a) You should tell the user that must have flash. If you don't nothing will
happen.
b) The first time I played it I didn't know whether I hit the heads or
not. You can improve the user feedback.

Marc Weber

Re: my first game

Michiel De Muynck
Well done!

The graphics are really nice and overall the game has great production
value. There are still some small things you could maybe improve:

First of all, the mouse is a little sluggish when you hold the hammer.
And because mouse movement is the whole point of this game, I think
you should definitely fix this. This is most visible when dragging the
mouse around in slow circles. Did you use your own tweening engine for
this?

Secondly, like Marc Weber said, some instructions wouldn't hurt. The
first time I played I didn't know why I lost lives. I was too busy
playing the game to see the "at 10 table hits you lose a life"
message. Maybe tell that when the game starts instead of after 10
misses?

And lastly, there should be a way to disable the music. Why not have a
little jukebox in the background that you can also whack to mute? :)

But those are just details. Everything I didn't mention was great! :)

Greets,
Michiel

Re: my first game

Baluta Cristian
Wow, thank you all for the suggestions. I kind of thought to most of them, for the sound we had the exact same idea and will implement it soon.
The hammer movement is not sluggish here, it's updated at each mouse move, no tween. Only the hit animation is made from 3 tweens and the drag stops, if you move the mouse too quickly the hammer will jump when the animation stops. Maybe the other processes are too intensive for your computer?

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Michiel De Muynck <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

theRemix
Nice Job!

like the graphics. and i like the whack the jukebox for audio on/off

i have one suggestion, if you are using MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE to update the hammer, it's not as responsive.
use Event.ENTER_FRAME instead, it'll be much more responsive at the expense of the loop, you should notice much faster hammer updates.

hth.

should make more games :)

「the.remix」

On Dec 14, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Baluta Cristian wrote:

[...]

Robin Palotai
Nice. It is hard to percept the depth of the hammer- maybe you could add
a soft shadow under the hammer's position, that would help a lot.
Robin