multiple inheritance?

Raoul Duke
hi,

i find myself in haxe and java often frustrated with interfaces.
anybody have thoughts on MI in haxe in the future? doesn't have to be
C++ MI, but maybe Scala MI (traits, mixins, whatever)? i guess that is
hard to port.

tx.

Re: multiple inheritance?

Dion Whitehead Amago
I find that the "using" functionality more than compensates, and is
also safer and more reusable.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Raoul Duke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i find myself in haxe and java often frustrated with interfaces.
> anybody have thoughts on MI in haxe in the future? doesn't have to be
> C++ MI, but maybe Scala MI (traits, mixins, whatever)? i guess that is
> hard to port.
>
> tx.

Re: multiple inheritance?

laurence taylor
I've gotten sidetracked, but I've pretty much nailed down Traits, which have most of the benefits without the drawbacks. Something like ometa -> nicer-macros -> traits is on the drawing board. It will look *something* like

@implementation("MetaSomethingMethods")
interface MetaSomething{
@required
function....
}
class MetaSomethingMethods{
public static function...
}

@using( [ { trait : "MetaSomething", exclude : ["someFunction"] , alias : { functionName : "otherFunctionName" } },... ])
class UsesMetaSomething implements Traits{

}