mtwin.mail

tom rhodes
hi all,

i can't get my mails to come out as unicode, i'm having trouble with accented chars. i've tried...

var p = new mtwin.mail.Part("multipart/alternative", true, "charset=\"UTF-8\"");

Part takes, a:String, b:Bool, c:String, and i have no idea what a, b and c are :)

also i tried...

p.setHeader("Content-Type", "charset=\"UTF-8\"");

but still the accented chars get mashed up...

anyone able to shed any light on this?

thanks,

tom.

Re: mtwin.mail

Benjamin Dasnois
Are you sure your body is correctly encoded to UTF-8 ?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi all,
> i can't get my mails to come out as unicode, i'm having trouble with
> accented chars. i've tried...
> var p = new mtwin.mail.Part("multipart/alternative", true,
> "charset=\"UTF-8\"");
> Part takes, a:String, b:Bool, c:String, and i have no idea what a, b and c
> are :)
> also i tried...
>
> p.setHeader("Content-Type", "charset=\"UTF-8\"");
> but still the accented chars get mashed up...
> anyone able to shed any light on this?
> thanks,
> tom.

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: mtwin.mail

tom rhodes
yeah, well i think so, i'm using the following...

htmlMail = Utf8.encode(htmlMail);
plainMail = Utf8.encode(plainMail);

before i use those to make the multipart message.

On 13 March 2010 19:09, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you sure your body is correctly encoded to UTF-8 ?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi all,
> i can't get my mails to come out as unicode, i'm having trouble with
> accented chars. i've tried...
> var p = new mtwin.mail.Part("multipart/alternative", true,
> "charset=\"UTF-8\"");
> Part takes, a:String, b:Bool, c:String, and i have no idea what a, b and c
> are :)
> also i tried...
>
> p.setHeader("Content-Type", "charset=\"UTF-8\"");
> but still the accented chars get mashed up...
> anyone able to shed any light on this?
> thanks,
> tom.

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: mtwin.mail

tom rhodes
it's the header, the messages sent have this...

how can i set the charset?

On 14 March 2010 16:45, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
yeah, well i think so, i'm using the following...

htmlMail = Utf8.encode(htmlMail);
plainMail = Utf8.encode(plainMail);

before i use those to make the multipart message.

On 13 March 2010 19:09, Benjamin Dasnois <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you sure your body is correctly encoded to UTF-8 ?

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> hi all,
> i can't get my mails to come out as unicode, i'm having trouble with
> accented chars. i've tried...
> var p = new mtwin.mail.Part("multipart/alternative", true,
> "charset=\"UTF-8\"");
> Part takes, a:String, b:Bool, c:String, and i have no idea what a, b and c
> are :)
> also i tried...
>
> p.setHeader("Content-Type", "charset=\"UTF-8\"");
> but still the accented chars get mashed up...
> anyone able to shed any light on this?
> thanks,
> tom.

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: mtwin.mail

tom rhodes
ok, so after a little digging i've found it...

var p = new mtwin.mail.Part(contentType:String, subPart:Bool, charset:String)

that sorts the headers but i'm still getting some garbled chars...