mod_neko problem on Ubuntu

Philipp Klose
Hi,

in the last hours I tried to get mod_neko running on my Apache 2.2.8
under Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. The think the Apache runs in prefork mode. (I
just installed it with apt-get) Everything seems fine, after some trying
apache starts without any complains. But when I browse to a neko file
there is no feedback, the request just seems to hang and nothing else
happens. Anybody any idea how to fix this?

By the way: the current cvs checkout of neko does not compile, but
previous version did. It is possible that the current sources are not
"stable"?

Greetz

Philipp

Re: mod_neko problem on Ubuntu

Nicolas Cannasse
Philipp Klose a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> in the last hours I tried to get mod_neko running on my Apache 2.2.8
> under Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. The think the Apache runs in prefork mode. (I
> just installed it with apt-get) Everything seems fine, after some trying
> apache starts without any complains. But when I browse to a neko file
> there is no feedback, the request just seems to hang and nothing else
> happens. Anybody any idea how to fix this?

There is a known issue related to BoehgmGC + Apache 2.0 Threads. The CVS
version is trying to address it, but it's not yet been finalized.

However, it should work with mod_neko2.ndll for Apache 2.0 in prefork mode.

Re: mod_neko problem on Ubuntu

Jens Peter Secher
2008/11/10 Philipp Klose <[hidden email]>:

> in the last hours I tried to get mod_neko running on my Apache 2.2.8 under
> Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Have you installed libapache2-mod-neko?
--
                                                    Jens Peter Secher.
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_.

Re: mod_neko problem on Ubuntu

Philipp Klose

I solved the problem. The system in which I tried to install mod_neko
was running as a VM and the apache and some system path settings were
wrong. Today I tried again as described on the haxe page with a working
and clean system and everythings works fine (again Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and
apache2 with prefork). As mod_neko runs I could help myself to test
mod_tora too. Awesome! The speed is very impressive, I wish I never have
to write a single line of php code again :-D

Greetz

Philipp