mod_neko exception

go2ghana
Hi,
after restarting my virtual host Accessing a mod_neko site fails with:

Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library : std.ndll
(std.ndll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

Restarting apache solves this problem so it looks like some variable
seems to get initialized too late on system startup.
Any ideas how I can fix this?

Cordially,
Axel

Am 01.05.2011 08:56, schrieb Cauê Waneck:
> it seems it's an environment variable problem. I don't remember by
> heart the environment variable name, but is something like NEKO_PATH,
> and you can set it through apache at /etc/apache2/environment (or
> variables, don't remember quite well!)

something like this but...
the only place  where NEKOPATH    is defined on this box is
/etc/environment

I tried to set it additionally with SetEnv in httpd.conf but no luck

> Cheers!
>
> 2011/4/30 Axel Huizinga <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi,
>     after restarting my virtual host Accessing a mod_neko site fails with:
>
>     Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library :
>     std.ndll (std.ndll: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>     or directory)
>
>     Restarting apache solves this problem so it looks like some
>     variable seems to get initialized too late on system startup.
>     Any ideas how I can fix this?
>

>     Cordially,
>     Axel
>
>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Re: mod_neko exception

Cauê W.
have you tried your_apache_dir/envvars ?

cheers!

2011/5/1 Axel Huizinga <[hidden email]>
Am 01.05.2011 08:56, schrieb Cauę Waneck:

[...]

   --     haXe - an open source web programming language

Re: mod_neko exception

go2ghana
Am 01.05.2011 12:23, schrieb Cauê Waneck:
> have you tried your_apache_dir/envvars ?

there is /usr/sbin/envvars
in my opensuse distro
tried to set it there but still no success

> cheers!
>
> 2011/5/1 Axel Huizinga <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Am 01.05.2011 08:56, schrieb Cauę Waneck:
>
>         it seems it's an environment variable problem. I don't
>         remember by heart the environment variable name, but is
>         something like NEKO_PATH, and you can set it through apache at
>         /etc/apache2/environment (or variables, don't remember quite
>         well!)
>
>     something like this but...
>     the only place  where NEKOPATH    is defined on this box is
>     /etc/environment
>
>     I tried to set it additionally with SetEnv in httpd.conf but no luck
>

>         Cheers!
>
>         2011/4/30 Axel Huizinga <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>

>            Hi,
>            after restarting my virtual host Accessing a mod_neko site
>         fails with:
>
>            Uncaught exception - load.c(232) : Failed to load library :
>            std.ndll (std.ndll: cannot open shared object file: No such
>         file
>            or directory)
>
>            Restarting apache solves this problem so it looks like some
>            variable seems to get initialized too late on system startup.
>            Any ideas how I can fix this?
>

>            Cordially,
>            Axel
>
>            --     haXe - an open source web programming language
>         http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Re: mod_neko exception

phylake
I ran into this exception when trying to embed neko. It turned out to be a problem with the debian package I was using on Ubuntu (lucid). Building from source fixed the problem for me. Hope this helps!