mod_neko Apache 2.x Linux problem

Viktor Hesselbom
Hello.

I have a weird problem. When I host an Apache Web Server on my local Windows I add the mod_neko2.ndll file to my 'ServerRoot' and then add these lines in my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule neko_module "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/mod_neko2.ndll"
AddHandler neko-handler .n

Everything works as expected.

However, when I try to do the same thing on Arch Linux VPS (except with other paths of course) it doesn't work when I try to start my httpd again. I get this error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 122 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/mod_neko2.ndll into server: /etc/httpd/mod_neko2.ndll: invalid ELF header

It sounds like it's something wrong with the ndll file ut I can't be sure. #apache on IRC didn't seem to know either and I can't find anything about it with google.

My server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix)

Anyone know why this is? Has anyone encountered this before? Nicolas?

I'd love any and all help I can get regarding this.

Thanks,
Viktor Hesselbom

Re: mod_neko Apache 2.x Linux problem

Niel Drummond-3
Viktor Hesselbom wrote:
> Hello.

Hi Viktor,
> However, when I try to do the same thing on Arch Linux VPS (except
> with other paths of course) it doesn't work when I try to start my
> httpd again. I get this error:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 122 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
> load /etc/httpd/mod_neko2.ndll into server: /etc/httpd/mod_neko2.ndll:
> invalid ELF header
could it be that you are running the 64-bit version of Arch Linux, and
using the 32-bit neko binaries ? You will need to compile neko from
source on Arch Linux.

- Niel

> It sounds like it's something wrong with the ndll file ut I can't be
> sure. #apache on IRC didn't seem to know either and I can't find
> anything about it with google.
>
> My server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix)
>
> Anyone know why this is? Has anyone encountered this before? Nicolas?
>
> I'd love any and all help I can get regarding this.
>
> Thanks,
> Viktor Hesselbom

Re: mod_neko Apache 2.x Linux problem

Viktor Hesselbom
Hello Niel,

It's possible that is the case. I just downloaded the Neko files (including mod_neko2.ndll) from haxe.org along with haXe. I'm not sure if my Arch Linux is 64-bit.

If that is the case, how do I compile neko from source? And my server is a VPS so I don't if that is possible.

I would love it if somebody else could perhaps compile with 64-bit and send the file or if someone could explain how I would compile it myself.

Thanks,
Viktor Hesselbom

2008/11/8 Niel Drummond <[hidden email]>
Viktor Hesselbom wrote:
Hello.

Hi Viktor,

Viktor Hesselbom wrote:
> Hello Niel,
Hi Viktor,

> It's possible that is the case. I just downloaded the Neko files
> (including mod_neko2.ndll) from haxe.org <http://haxe.org> along with
> haXe. I'm not sure if my Arch Linux is 64-bit.
>
> If that is the case, how do I compile neko from source? And my server
> is a VPS so I don't if that is possible.

Probably the easiest solution if you are not familiar with compiling
software, is to use the Arch AUR - there is a neko package there:

Some useful instructions on installing from the AUR is here
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_User_Guidelines#Using_Packages_from_UNSUPPORTED

regards,

- Niel

> I would love it if somebody else could perhaps compile with 64-bit and
> send the file or if someone could explain how I would compile it myself.
>
> Thanks,
> Viktor Hesselbom
>
> 2008/11/8 Niel Drummond <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Viktor Hesselbom wrote:
>
>         Hello.
>
>     Hi Viktor,
>
>         However, when I try to do the same thing on Arch Linux VPS
>         (except with other paths of course) it doesn't work when I try
>         to start my httpd again. I get this error:
>
>         httpd: Syntax error on line 122 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
>         Cannot load /etc/httpd/mod_neko2.ndll into server:
>         /etc/httpd/mod_neko2.ndll: invalid ELF header
>
>     could it be that you are running the 64-bit version of Arch Linux,
>     and using the 32-bit neko binaries ? You will need to compile neko
>     from source on Arch Linux.
>
>     - Niel
>

>         It sounds like it's something wrong with the ndll file ut I
>         can't be sure. #apache on IRC didn't seem to know either and I
>         can't find anything about it with google.
>
>         My server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix)
>
>         Anyone know why this is? Has anyone encountered this before?
>         Nicolas?
>
>         I'd love any and all help I can get regarding this.
>
>         Thanks,
>         Viktor Hesselbom
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Re: mod_neko Apache 2.x Linux problem

Laurent Kappler
Hi Viktor,

I'm on gentoo 64, you can try my Neko binaries here:
http://91.121.159.27/neko64.rar