lost sources

Baluta Cristian
Hello.
From stupidity i just replaced the sources from a website i just finished. Fortunately i don't need them right now, but i'll be a dead man when i'll need. So i tried to decompile the swf but i get only a fla with resources, no AS files.
Did anyone tried to decompile a swf made by haxe? where are the as files?

--
Cristi
www.ralcr.com

Re: lost sources

back2dos
Baluta Cristian schrieb:

> Hello.
> From stupidity i just replaced the sources from a website i just
> finished. Fortunately i don't need them right now, but i'll be a dead
> man when i'll need. So i tried to decompile the swf but i get only a
> fla with resources, no AS files.
> Did anyone tried to decompile a swf made by haxe? where are the as files?
>

> --
> Cristi
> www.ralcr.com <http://www.ralcr.com>
uhm, i only have very superficial knowledge of this.
what player version is it?
typically, when decompiling an swf, your classes end up as library
symbols in the fla (only tried sothink decompiler however). usually you
can see some weird code in them, that does the same thing, as your class
did, but looks terrible.
haven't tried decompiling a flash9 swf yet, though.
you can always embed the swf and use the classes, if they are finished.
but getting them back will be rather tricky i guess.

well, i hope, i'm wrong. good luck ... it would be a pitty to see you
die ... ;)

greetz
back2dos

Re: lost sources

Lee Sylvester
That shouldn't work. I know enough to know that the classes are stored
elsewhere in SWF's created with haXe. In SWF's built with the Flash IDE,
the classes are stored in the global object (at least for AVM1
actionscript). For haXe, it is somewhere else entirely, though I haven't
looked or asked the right questions to find out where, as I've had no
need, thus far ;-)  For all I know, it might be an object sitting in the
global object, but I doubt it.

Lee

Juraj Kirchheim wrote:

> Baluta Cristian schrieb:
>> Hello.
>> From stupidity i just replaced the sources from a website i just
>> finished. Fortunately i don't need them right now, but i'll be a dead
>> man when i'll need. So i tried to decompile the swf but i get only a
>> fla with resources, no AS files.
>> Did anyone tried to decompile a swf made by haxe? where are the as
>> files?
>>

>> --
>> Cristi
>> www.ralcr.com <http://www.ralcr.com>
> uhm, i only have very superficial knowledge of this.
> what player version is it?
> typically, when decompiling an swf, your classes end up as library
> symbols in the fla (only tried sothink decompiler however). usually
> you can see some weird code in them, that does the same thing, as your
> class did, but looks terrible.
> haven't tried decompiling a flash9 swf yet, though.
> you can always embed the swf and use the classes, if they are
> finished. but getting them back will be rather tricky i guess.
>
> well, i hope, i'm wrong. good luck ... it would be a pitty to see you
> die ... ;)
>
> greetz
> back2dos

Re: lost sources

Baluta Cristian
It's AS3.
Sothink swf decompiler can't see any AS.
I tried some other two that are not good either. This is a very good news that your work can't be sealed, except i wish they could :(

I think the best is action script viewer from buraks.com but the demo is very old, i can't see if has any effect on my swf. probably i'll end up recoding some parts that are not in my reusable classes. so my stupididty will cost 80$ for actionscriptviewer, or some spare time.

so anyone out there, learn, keep duplicates of your code.

Juraj Kirchheim wrote:
Baluta Cristian schrieb:
Hello.
>From stupidity i just replaced the sources from a website i just finished. Fortunately i don't need them right now, but i'll be a dead man when i'll need. So i tried to decompile the swf but i get only a fla with resources, no AS files.
Did anyone tried to decompile a swf made by haxe? where are the as files?

--
Cristi
www.ralcr.com <http://www.ralcr.com>
uhm, i only have very superficial knowledge of this.
what player version is it?
typically, when decompiling an swf, your classes end up as library symbols in the fla (only tried sothink decompiler however). usually you can see some weird code in them, that does the same thing, as your class did, but looks terrible.
haven't tried decompiling a flash9 swf yet, though.
you can always embed the swf and use the classes, if they are finished. but getting them back will be rather tricky i guess.

well, i hope, i'm wrong. good luck ... it would be a pitty to see you die ... ;)

greetz
back2dos

Cristi
www.ralcr.com

Re: lost sources

Lee Sylvester
That I know, the actionscript can be acquired, except all the
decompilers I know of are looking in the wrong places. They expect them
to be where typical flash movies put them.

Lee

i spoke at buraks.com and they can't see the code either.

I think the best is action script viewer from buraks.com <http://buraks.com> but the demo is very old, i can't see if has any effect on my swf. probably i'll end up recoding some parts that are not in my reusable classes. so my stupididty will cost 80$ for actionscriptviewer, or some spare time.

   Juraj Kirchheim wrote:

       Baluta Cristian schrieb:

           Hello.
           >From stupidity i just replaced the sources from a website
           i just finished. Fortunately i don't need them right now,
           but i'll be a dead man when i'll need. So i tried to
           decompile the swf but i get only a fla with resources, no
           AS files.
           Did anyone tried to decompile a swf made by haxe? where
           are the as files?

           --            Cristi
           www.ralcr.com <http://www.ralcr.com> <http://www.ralcr.com>

       uhm, i only have very superficial knowledge of this.
       what player version is it?
       typically, when decompiling an swf, your classes end up as
       library symbols in the fla (only tried sothink decompiler
       however). usually you can see some weird code in them, that
       does the same thing, as your class did, but looks terrible.
       haven't tried decompiling a flash9 swf yet, though.
       you can always embed the swf and use the classes, if they are
       finished. but getting them back will be rather tricky i guess.

       well, i hope, i'm wrong. good luck ... it would be a pitty to
       see you die ... ;)

       greetz
       back2dos

   --    haXe - an open source web programming language