tom rhodes
hi, i'm trying to geocode addresses so i can add lat and lng in my db as an address is added to the system.

how can i load xml data targetting php in haxe?

should i use haxe.Http to get a string and then parse it?

Re: loading XML with haxe php

tom rhodes
Hi, that works fine, is there an E4X style way of stepping through the XML?

On 8 April 2010 11:57, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi, i'm trying to geocode addresses so i can add lat and lng in my db as an address is added to the system.

how can i load xml data targetting php in haxe?

should i use haxe.Http to get a string and then parse it?

Re: loading XML with haxe php

jlm@justinfront.net
E4X is built into the flash player, but haXe does not have any native support for E4X in other target languages as far as I am aware, have you tried...

I am not sure what other solutions there are but these may help.

Cheers

;j

On 8 Apr 2010, at 11:26, tom rhodes wrote:

Hi, that works fine, is there an E4X style way of stepping through the XML?

On 8 April 2010 11:57, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
hi, i'm trying to geocode addresses so i can add lat and lng in my db as an address is added to the system.

how can i load xml data targetting php in haxe?

should i use haxe.Http to get a string and then parse it?

Re: loading XML with haxe php

Juan Delgado
Watch out for undesired CDATA nodes if there's content with non-English chars:

http://code.google.com/p/haxe/issues/detail?id=115

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thankyou so much for Fast, i was having a hard time! reminded me of the old
> AS days before sepiroth's XML2Object class!
> cheers
>

> On 8 April 2010 12:40, Justin Lawerance Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> E4X is built into the flash player, but haXe does not have any native
>> support for E4X in other target languages as far as I am aware, have you
>> tried...
>> http://haxe.org/doc/advanced/xml_fast
>> http://code.google.com/p/haxe-xpath/
>> I am not sure what other solutions there are but these may help.
>> Cheers
>> ;j
>>
>> On 8 Apr 2010, at 11:26, tom rhodes wrote:
>>
>> Hi, that works fine, is there an E4X style way of stepping through the
>> XML?
>>
>> On 8 April 2010 11:57, tom rhodes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi, i'm trying to geocode addresses so i can add lat and lng in my db as
>>> an address is added to the system.
>>> how can i load xml data targetting php in haxe?
>>> should i use haxe.Http to get a string and then parse it?

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: loading XML with haxe php

tom rhodes
cheers, that is going to be a problem with what i'm doing now...

the split and join fix will work though by the look of it.