latest haxe version prob with php

tom rhodes
Hi all,

the latest nightly builds version (which i want to use for the JQuery stuff) is breaking the backend part of the project which has been fine till i just compiled with teh new version.

the error is at runtime and is...

 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in D:\001. WORK\001. CURRENT JOBS\cia work\catia's site\catia.annarilli.it\lib\ch1mp\ua\JSONBrowserCapabilities.extern.php on line 3

the only code in that file is...

<?php

require_once("../../includes/JSONBrowserCapabilities.class.php")

it all went ok before, has something changed with doing the externs in the latest build?

cheers,

tom.

Re: latest haxe version prob with php

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
I think it's the same problem as I've been having! The PHP compiler doesn't always put a closing PHP tag "?>" at the end of the file for some reason, especially with externs ... already added to Haxe but list.

I thought the bug list posts automatically to the Haxe list?

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Franco Ponticelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

yeah after looking for reasons for missing $end. those being missing curly brackets, semi-colons and use of short php tags or missing php tags.

looking through the output when i compile with the latest haxe, the extern files have no semi-colons or end tags on the files. adding semi-colons manually to the makes it work, even without the closing php tags!

weird...

On 24 April 2011 08:13, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

The closing tags are left out by choice, it is not an error. PHP doesn't need them (the EOF works well) and it is a way to guarantee that no extra WS chars are left on the output.
About the missing semi-colon I think it was always introduced automatically but maybe some optimization removed it ... I'll have a look but I am using the latest version and not experiencing anything of that.

Franco