kyototycoon : a simple neko API to play with kyoto tycoon server

kyototycoon : a simple neko API to play with kyoto tycoon server

François Nicaise
Hi all !
I've just released a quite complete neko API to play with Kyoto Tycoon
server (http://lib.haxe.org/p/kyototycoon)
If you don't know anything about it, Kyoto Tycoon is as quite powerful
Key/Value store developed but a japanese company : Fallabs.
(http://fallabs.com/kyototycoon/)

The API mimics as possible the C++ one.(
http://fallabs.com/kyototycoon/api/classkyototycoon_1_1RemoteDB.html)
At the moment, the target OS is ubuntu only. (mac support : anyone to
add it ? )

There is a samples directory who shows very straightforward code
examples. ( neko app )
There is also a bench directory where you will find... benchmarks ( neko
app )

Would you have any comment, idea, bug report, etc...  Please go there :
http://code.google.com/p/kyototycoon-neko/

If you've never played with Key/value store, try it.
There's a handy makefile target to install the latest version of
KyotoTycoon on ubuntu platform. (see README file)
You should get started in minutes.

Enjoy!
François

FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Bruno Fonzi
I am extremely happy to announce the Powerflasher FDT4 haXe Beta plug-in is released!

Announcement and install instructions on http://bit.ly/iRBIY4

Big special kudos to Influxis and you!
The haXe developers community is simply awesome!

We depend on your support and strongly encourage to continue give us feedback and how we can better support haXe in the future.

If you are on twitter, stay tuned for future developments @FDTHaxe

Cheers,
Bruno

P.S. I hope you like the new logo too!

I'm a haXe target!

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

sledorze
Wonderful,
But it does not works here :'(
Haxe builder is freezing (note that I use a trunk haxe version).

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Jan_Flanders

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Bruno Fonzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am extremely happy to announce the Powerflasher FDT4 haXe Beta plug-in is released!

Announcement and install instructions on http://bit.ly/iRBIY4

Big special kudos to Influxis and you!
The haXe developers community is simply awesome!

We depend on your support and strongly encourage to continue give us feedback and how we can better support haXe in the future.

If you are on twitter, stay tuned for future developments @FDTHaxe

Cheers,
Bruno

P.S. I hope you like the new logo too!

I like the logo but all the rest is not working for me (just like the previous beta release of this plugin).

-No code completion/suggestion?
-8 to 10 seconds to build a hello world.swf? (it's about 0.000000001 seconds normally)
-Most of the time it just hangs, saying 'building workspace' forever and then I have to reboot my computer (win xp with enough ram and a clean workspace) or kill the process in task manager.

Jan

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

sledorze
for information; it does not hangs if I use the SDK 2.7.0 plugin.
but no completion after a dot..

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Michael Cann
Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in FlashBuilder.

On 12 May 2011 21:32, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
for information; it does not hangs if I use the SDK 2.7.0 plugin.
but no completion after a dot..

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

sledorze
Sorry, I have not precised it was the case;
"using Ctrl+Space after a dot does not trigger completion"

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Michael Cann [via Haxe] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in FlashBuilder.

On 12 May 2011 21:32, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
for information; it does not hangs if I use the SDK 2.7.0 plugin.
but no completion after a dot..

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/kyototycoon-a-simple-neko-API-to-play-with-kyoto-tycoon-server-tp6356114p6358342.html

Stéphane Le Dorze

Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Bruno Fonzi
We have an issue tracker project dedicated to the haXe FDT plug-in

I would appreciate if you could file any feedback, bugs, improvements or feature request here

This way you can interact directly with the team and fix any issues ASAP.

Thank you for your feedback.

Bruno

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Michael Cann [via Haxe] <<a href="x-msg://209/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=6358367&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:
Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in FlashBuilder.

On 12 May 2011 21:32, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
for information; it does not hangs if I use the SDK 2.7.0 plugin.
but no completion after a dot..

Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

http://haxe.1354130.n2.nabble.com/kyototycoon-a-simple-neko-API-to-play-with-kyoto-tycoon-server-tp6356114p6358342.html

Stéphane Le Dorze

Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Juan Delgado
I'm giving it a go at the moment, biggest thing missing for the time
being I think is full haxelib support. I've opened up a feature
request:

http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN-43

Add your comments in case I've missed something.

Vote if you think it's worth the effort : )

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Bruno Fonzi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have an issue tracker project dedicated to the haXe FDT plug-in
> I would appreciate if you could file any feedback, bugs, improvements or
> feature request here
> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN
> This way you can interact directly with the team and fix any issues ASAP.
> Thank you for your feedback.
> Bruno
> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
>

> On May 13, 2011, at 12:16 AM, sledorze wrote:
>
> Sorry, I have not precised it was the case;
> "using Ctrl+Space after a dot does not trigger completion"
>
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Michael Cann [via Haxe] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit
>> control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in
>> FlashBuilder.
>>
>> On 12 May 2011 21:32, sledorze <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> for information; it does not hangs if I use the SDK 2.7.0 plugin.
>>> but no completion after a dot..

>> Mike Cann
>> http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
>> http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

>> tycoon server, click here.
>

> --
> Stéphane Le Dorze
> Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Raphael Harmel
Hi guys

I have been using FDT today for Haxe development but I cannot get full
auto-coplete to work.
What I mean is that haxe classes are auto-completing fine, but it is
not the case for variables, functions or imported classes.

Do I miss something ?

Raph

2011/5/14 Juan Delgado <[hidden email]>:

> I'm giving it a go at the moment, biggest thing missing for the time
> being I think is full haxelib support. I've opened up a feature
> request:
>
> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN-43
>
> Add your comments in case I've missed something.
>
> Vote if you think it's worth the effort : )

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Bruno Fonzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> We have an issue tracker project dedicated to the haXe FDT plug-in
>> I would appreciate if you could file any feedback, bugs, improvements or
>> feature request here
>> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN
>> This way you can interact directly with the team and fix any issues ASAP.
>> Thank you for your feedback.
>> Bruno
>> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
>>

>> On May 13, 2011, at 12:16 AM, sledorze wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I have not precised it was the case;
>> "using Ctrl+Space after a dot does not trigger completion"
>>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Michael Cann [via Haxe] <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit
>>> control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in
>>> FlashBuilder.

>>> --
>>> Mike Cann
>>> http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
>>> http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

>>> tycoon server, click here.
>>

>> --
>> Stéphane Le Dorze
>> Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

> Juan Delgado - Zárate
> http://zarate.tv
> http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Andy Li
Hi Raph,

Same here. I've submitted this, as well as some other bugs to the issue tracker already.
However strange that there is not much activity on the issue tracker. Some issues there have been submitted for ages but no update at all...

Look like eclihx is more promising at the moment. We have to wait a little bit longer for fdt-haxe to catch up.

Best,
Andy

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Raphael Harmel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys

I have been using FDT today for Haxe development but I cannot get full
auto-coplete to work.
What I mean is that haxe classes are auto-completing fine, but it is
not the case for variables, functions or imported classes.

Do I miss something ?

Raph

2011/5/14 Juan Delgado <[hidden email]>:
> I'm giving it a go at the moment, biggest thing missing for the time
> being I think is full haxelib support. I've opened up a feature
> request:
>
> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN-43
>
> Add your comments in case I've missed something.
>
> Vote if you think it's worth the effort : )

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Bruno Fonzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> We have an issue tracker project dedicated to the haXe FDT plug-in
>> I would appreciate if you could file any feedback, bugs, improvements or
>> feature request here
>> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN
>> This way you can interact directly with the team and fix any issues ASAP.
>> Thank you for your feedback.
>> Bruno
>> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
>>

>> On May 13, 2011, at 12:16 AM, sledorze wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I have not precised it was the case;
>> "using Ctrl+Space after a dot does not trigger completion"
>>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Michael Cann [via Haxe] <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit
>>> control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in
>>> FlashBuilder.

>>> --
>>> Mike Cann
>>> http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
>>> http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

>>> tycoon server, click here.
>>

>> --
>> Stéphane Le Dorze
>> Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

> Juan Delgado - Zárate
> http://zarate.tv
> http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

jlm@justinfront.net
Andy

James (jackson on the list ) was at the haXe meet he has been doing loads of testing maybe ping him with some bugs as he is very responsive and keen on the FDT editor and maybe able to help directly, also he has direct access to the eclipse expert who is doing most of the dev.

Cheers
;j

On 20 May 2011, at 20:37, Andy Li wrote:

Hi Raph,

Same here. I've submitted this, as well as some other bugs to the issue tracker already.
However strange that there is not much activity on the issue tracker. Some issues there have been submitted for ages but no update at all...

Look like eclihx is more promising at the moment. We have to wait a little bit longer for fdt-haxe to catch up.

Best,
Andy

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Raphael Harmel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys

I have been using FDT today for Haxe development but I cannot get full
auto-coplete to work.
What I mean is that haxe classes are auto-completing fine, but it is
not the case for variables, functions or imported classes.

Do I miss something ?

Raph

2011/5/14 Juan Delgado <[hidden email]>:
> I'm giving it a go at the moment, biggest thing missing for the time
> being I think is full haxelib support. I've opened up a feature
> request:
>
> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN-43
>
> Add your comments in case I've missed something.
>
> Vote if you think it's worth the effort : )

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Bruno Fonzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> We have an issue tracker project dedicated to the haXe FDT plug-in
>> I would appreciate if you could file any feedback, bugs, improvements or
>> feature request here
>> http://bugs.powerflasher.com/jira/browse/FTDHXPLIN
>> This way you can interact directly with the team and fix any issues ASAP.
>> Thank you for your feedback.
>> Bruno
>> http://fdt.powerflasher.com/
>>

>> On May 13, 2011, at 12:16 AM, sledorze wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I have not precised it was the case;
>> "using Ctrl+Space after a dot does not trigger completion"
>>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Michael Cann [via Haxe] <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Control + Space? I think this is just how eclipse works as you have to hit
>>> control + space after the dot for code completion to come up in
>>> FlashBuilder.

>>> --
>>> Mike Cann
>>> http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
>>> http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

>>> tycoon server, click here.
>>

>> --
>> Stéphane Le Dorze
>> Tel: +33 (0) 6 08  76 70 15

> Juan Delgado - Zárate
> http://zarate.tv
> http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: FDT4 haXe plug-in (Beta) released!

Bruno Fonzi
I just want to reassure we are working on this issue and you are right, we should be more active on communicating our progress on Jira directly.

We'll definitely do so in the future.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Bruno