jeash

Baluta Cristian
I heard too many times about jeash lately and didn't knew what it is, but now i do and just tried an example. Do you people get good results and where are you using it? Mine moves too slow and has a bug. Not saying about file size, i doubt you can make something acceptable.

Re: jeash

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Works great for me in Chrome. Which browser are you using? IE is slow as hell, and some of the other browsers just aren't up to scratch.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
I heard too many times about jeash lately and didn't knew what it is, but now i do and just tried an example. Do you people get good results and where are you using it? Mine moves too slow and has a bug. Not saying about file size, i doubt you can make something acceptable.

Re: jeash

Baluta Cristian
Safari. It's with an fps higher than Chrome i think, 23. If i run both in the same time Chrome drops to 17.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Works great for me in Chrome. Which browser are you using? IE is slow as hell, and some of the other browsers just aren't up to scratch.

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Baluta Cristian <[hidden email]> wrote:
I heard too many times about jeash lately and didn't knew what it is, but now i do and just tried an example. Do you people get good results and where are you using it? Mine moves too slow and has a bug. Not saying about file size, i doubt you can make something acceptable.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: jeash

Adrian Veith
on my system (chrome on ubuntu natty 64) jeash and flash have both 33fps. but the output of jeash looks wrong (the right heart isn't drawn completly).

Am 27.07.2011 07:31, schrieb Baluta Cristian:
I heard too many times about jeash lately and didn't knew what it is, but now i do and just tried an example. Do you people get good results and where are you using it? Mine moves too slow and has a bug. Not saying about file size, i doubt you can make something acceptable.

This body part will be downloaded on demand.

Re: jeash

Geoffrey Hug
I'm very surprised by your results on FF5, for me the best I get is 6 FPS while Chrome gets up to 26 FPS

In addition, after a while it seems it is completely slowing down FF5.

By the way, what do you use to monitor FPS ?

Re: jeash

Tony Polinelli
sorry i was looking at a different test - your test runs about as you say.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Geoffrey Hug <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm very surprised by your results on FF5, for me the best I get is 6 FPS while Chrome gets up to 26 FPS

In addition, after a while it seems it is completely slowing down FF5.

By the way, what do you use to monitor FPS ?

Re: jeash

Baluta Cristian
I tried FF5 also, it's the same, around 20fps. I have OSX btw.
jeash has a missing type, maybe the creator can add it, UInt.
I'll give it a try with something more complex but not so intensive.

For FPS i'm using something like this, ignore the RCRectangle:

import flash.Lib;
import flash.events.Event;
import flash.display.Sprite;
import flash.text.TextField;
import flash.system.System;

class RCStats extends Sprite {
var last :UInt;
var ticks :UInt;
var background :RCRectangle;
var txt :TextField;
var fps :Int;
var currMemory :Int;
public function new (?x=0, ?y=0) {
super();
this.x = x;
this.y = y;
this.addChild ( background = new RCRectangle (-1, -1, 152, 18, 0xffffff, 0.9, 16) );
this.addChild ( background = new RCRectangle (0, 0, 150, 16, 0x333333, 0.3, 16) );
txt = new TextField();
txt.x = 6;
txt.y = 1;
txt.width = 100;
txt.height = 20;
txt.text = "Calculating...";
this.addChild ( txt );
this.last = Lib.getTimer();
this.addEventListener (Event.ENTER_FRAME, loop);
}
function loop (evt:Event) {
ticks++;
var now = Lib.getTimer();
var delta = now - last;
if (delta >= 1000) {
fps = Math.round (ticks / delta * 1000);
ticks = 0;
last = now;
currMemory = Math.round ( System.totalMemory / (1024*1024) );
txt.text = fps + " FPS,  " + currMemory + " Mbytes";
public function destroy () {
this.removeEventListener (Event.ENTER_FRAME, loop);

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
sorry i was looking at a different test - your test runs about as you say.

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Geoffrey Hug <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm very surprised by your results on FF5, for me the best I get is 6 FPS while Chrome gets up to 26 FPS

In addition, after a while it seems it is completely slowing down FF5.

By the way, what do you use to monitor FPS ?

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Re: jeash

go2ghana
Am 27.07.2011 07:31, schrieb Baluta Cristian:

> I heard too many times about jeash lately and didn't knew what it is,
> but now i do and just tried an example. Do you people get good results
> and where are you using it? Mine moves too slow and has a bug. Not
> saying about file size, i doubt you can make something acceptable.
> http://ralcr.com/experiments/HeartEquation/
> and it's flash version
> http://ralcr.com/experiments/HeartEquation/heart.swf
>
> --
> Băluță Cristian
> http://ralcr.com
> http://imagin.ro

The js version did not complete the right heart but runs well except
this error with up to 22 fps...

Axel

Re: jeash

Javascript doesn't have an unsigned int type, does it?

Most targets other than Flash don't implement UInt

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 02:27:43 -0700, Baluta Cristian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried FF5 also, it's the same, around 20fps. I have OSX btw.
> jeash has a missing type, maybe the creator can add it, UInt.
> I'll give it a try with something more complex but not so intensive.
>
> For FPS i'm using something like this, ignore the RCRectangle:
>
> import flash.Lib;
> import flash.events.Event;
> import flash.display.Sprite;
> import flash.text.TextField;
> import flash.system.System;
>

> class RCStats extends Sprite {
>  var last :UInt;
> var ticks :UInt;
> var background :RCRectangle;
> var txt :TextField;
> var fps :Int;
> var currMemory :Int;
>  public function new (?x=0, ?y=0) {
> super();
> this.x = x;
> this.y = y;
> this.addChild ( background = new RCRectangle (-1, -1, 152, 18, 0xffffff,
> 0.9, 16) );
> this.addChild ( background = new RCRectangle (0, 0, 150, 16, 0x333333,
> 0.3,
> 16) );
>  txt = new TextField();
> txt.x = 6;
> txt.y = 1;
> txt.width = 100;
> txt.height = 20;
> txt.text = "Calculating...";
> this.addChild ( txt );
>  this.last = Lib.getTimer();
> this.addEventListener (Event.ENTER_FRAME, loop);
> }
>  function loop (evt:Event) {
> ticks++;
> var now = Lib.getTimer();
> var delta = now - last;
>  if (delta >= 1000) {
> fps = Math.round (ticks / delta * 1000);
> ticks = 0;
> last = now;
> currMemory = Math.round ( System.totalMemory / (1024*1024) );
>  txt.text = fps + " FPS,  " + currMemory + " Mbytes";
>  public function destroy () {
> this.removeEventListener (Event.ENTER_FRAME, loop);
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Tony Polinelli
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> sorry i was looking at a different test - your test runs about as you
>> say.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Geoffrey Hug
>> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>>
>>> I'm very surprised by your results on FF5, for me the best I get is 6
>>> FPS
>>> while Chrome gets up to 26 FPS
>>>
>>> In addition, after a while it seems it is completely slowing down FF5.
>>>
>>> By the way, what do you use to monitor FPS ?

>> Tony Polinelli
>> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: jeash

jamesbjackson
The only browser implementation I know of that support's unsigned int's is WebGL :-)

You guys thought of using webGL instead i bet your get some crazy performance. check out three.js and helloRacer :-)

And as someone amazing has already done the type definitons for code completion in HaXe.  Plus we could potentially use Nicolas super shader language...
Provides code completion for three.js, a popular Javascript 3D engine, using extern classes for haXe

Just some suggestions about that Safari & IE and chrome if you change the <a href="about:flags">about:flags has finally made Canvas hardware accelerated in the latest version.

also see what happens with speed when you turn on Hardware accelerated Canvas in Chrome.

James

On 27 Jul 2011, at 17:13, Joshua Granick wrote:

[...]

Also check the inbuilt FPS counter in Chrome

FPS counter
Shows a page's actual frame rate, in frames per second, when hardware acceleration is active.

and if you really interesting where the preformance bottlenecks are you need to install this amazing developer tool for chrome..

Speed Tracer is a tool to help you identify and fix performance problems in your web applications. It visualizes metrics that are taken from low level instrumentation points inside of the browser and analyzes them as your application runs. Speed Tracer is available as a Chrome extension and works on all platforms where extensions are currently supported (Windows and Linux).
Using Speed Tracer you are able to get a better picture of where time is being spent in your application. This includes problems caused by JavaScript parsing and execution, layout, CSS style recalculation and selector matching, DOM event handling, network resource loading, timer fires, XMLHttpRequest callbacks, painting, and more.

and one last thing if your on a Mac I been doing a lot of HTML5 iPad application development for iPad, and the iOS Simulator which is part of XCode is Free has the same browser as on my iPad, so apart from performance testing you can check rendering issues with mobile safari.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xcode/id448457090?mt=12 - Need to be rocking Mac OSX 10.7 Lion to get it for free :-D