[iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

[iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

lzaiats
Hi All,

I am using the TextField on iPhone using a custom TTF we've made and some chars like: g j p q y are cutted on the lower part, showing only half of the char. All uppercase chars are correctly...

Any idea?

Thanks,

LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Joshua Harlan Lifton
I see the same problem using the default iPhone font. Luiz, are you
also experiencing the invisible first line problem?:

http://code.google.com/p/nekonme/issues/detail?id=69

Josh

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM, lzaiats <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using the TextField on iPhone using a custom TTF we've made and some
> chars like: g j p q y are cutted on the lower part, showing only half of the
> char. All uppercase chars are correctly...
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

lzaiats
Hi Joshua,

I am not experiencing the invisible first line problem :/ Only the cutted chars...

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

ben untar
aehm... sorry the stupid question, do you work with the ios api here?
how is this done?

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM, lzaiats <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using the TextField on iPhone using a custom TTF we've made and some
> chars like: g j p q y are cutted on the lower part, showing only half of the
> char. All uppercase chars are correctly...
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

lzaiats
Hi ben,

You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your question: YES! It can be done!

I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe targeting iOS :D

If you need some help setting up, contact me!

LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Rob Fell

On 11:59 AM, lzaiats wrote:
> Hi ben,
>
> You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your
> question: YES! It can be done!

Hi, just double checking ... is "using a Mac" a dependency?

> I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe targeting
> iOS :D
>
> If you need some help setting up, contact me!
>
> LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
It is at the moment AFAIK. Xcode too - would love to be wrong!

On Saturday, May 14, 2011, Rob Fell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11:59 AM, lzaiats wrote:
>
> Hi ben,
>
> You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your
> question: YES! It can be done!
>

> Hi, just double checking ... is "using a Mac" a dependency?
>

> I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe targeting
> iOS :D
>
> If you need some help setting up, contact me!
>
> LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Benjamin Dasnois

Apple has released iOS tools only for MacOSX nothing for Windows nor Linux. So it seems like having a Mac is a requirement.

Regards,

Benjamin Dasnois
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Le 14 mai 2011 01:32, "Tarwin Stroh-Spijer" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> It is at the moment AFAIK. Xcode too - would love to be wrong!
>
> On Saturday, May 14, 2011, Rob Fell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On 11:59 AM, lzaiats wrote:
>>
>> Hi ben,
>>
>> You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your
>> question: YES! It can be done!
>>

>> Hi, just double checking ... is "using a Mac" a dependency?
>>

>> I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe targeting
>> iOS :D
>>
>> If you need some help setting up, contact me!
>>
>> LZ

> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
> _______________________
>
> Touch My Pixel
> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
> phone: +61 3 8060 5321
> _______________________

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Luiz and others,

I already asked in a separate post, but since we're on the topic of
general iOS development, what do you do for web service authentication
on iOS?

Cheers,
Josh

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM, lzaiats <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi ben,
>
> You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your
> question: YES! It can be done!
>
> I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe targeting
> iOS :D
>
> If you need some help setting up, contact me!
>
> LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Julien CASTETS
Hi Guys,

Maybe there is a way to "avoid" MacOSX.

I say that because it's possible to compile / code sign / package an iOS application on windows using the adobe packager for iPhone (which is from my point of view not an option because of the performance) and then deploy with iTunes.

No idea how they are doing this, but I guess it's possible.
By the way I'm not sure if you could build a distribution package.

Sorry for the thread hack :)

Cheers
Julien

2011/5/14 Joshua Harlan Lifton <[hidden email]>
Luiz and others,

I already asked in a separate post, but since we're on the topic of
general iOS development, what do you do for web service authentication
on iOS?

Cheers,
Josh

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 5:22 PM, lzaiats <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi ben,
>
> You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your
> question: YES! It can be done!
>
> I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe targeting
> iOS :D
>
> If you need some help setting up, contact me!
>
> LZ

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

There is a special code path for ios fonts, so it is probably me
just getting the size-calculation wrong in  project/iPhone/NativeFont.mm
and a small bug fix should to the trick.
Please report it to : http://code.google.com/p/nekonme/issues/list

Hugh

> Apple has released iOS tools only for MacOSX nothing for Windows nor
> Linux.
> So it seems like having a Mac is a requirement.
>
> Regards,
>
> Benjamin Dasnois
> http://www.benjamindasnois.com
> Le 14 mai 2011 01:32, "Tarwin Stroh-Spijer" <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>> It is at the moment AFAIK. Xcode too - would love to be wrong!
>>
>> On Saturday, May 14, 2011, Rob Fell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> On 11:59 AM, lzaiats wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi ben,
>>>
>>> You're wondering if it is possible to use Haxe on iOS? If this is your
>>> question: YES! It can be done!
>>>

>>> Hi, just double checking ... is "using a Mac" a dependency?
>>>

>>> I am currently developing 2 games to iPhone and iPad using Haxe
>>> targeting
>>> iOS :D
>>>
>>> If you need some help setting up, contact me!
>>>
>>> LZ

>> Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>> _______________________
>>
>> Touch My Pixel
>> http://www.touchmypixel.com/
>> phone: +61 3 8060 5321

Re: [iPhone] TextField is not showing lowercase letters correctly

Joshua Harlan Lifton
Reported as issue #72:

http://code.google.com/p/nekonme/issues/detail?id=72

Thanks,