i'm curious, but haven't tried this toolkit (ios/android)

i'm curious, but haven't tried this toolkit (ios/android)

Raoul Duke
http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/

Re: i'm curious, but haven't tried this toolkit (ios/android)

Lee Sylvester
Hi Raoul,

Corona is an awesome platform built by ex-employees of Adobe (Flashlite
dept) and Apple.  Apps built with Corona are fast, simple to build,
quick to build and very capable.

I started writing a book for these guys about a year ago, but got bogged
down with work, so couldn't finish it.  However, I do have two perfectly
good chapters which are a beginners and intermediate guides to learning
Lua for Corona development, if you would like to read it.  I'm not sure
what licensing I want to apply to it, yet, but the offer is available to
any haXer's who want to get involved with Corona.

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 10:56 -0700, Raoul Duke wrote:
> http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/

Re: i'm curious, but haven't tried this toolkit (ios/android)

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Turns out it's not very fast though ... http://blog.krozalski.com/?p=1

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Raoul,

Corona is an awesome platform built by ex-employees of Adobe (Flashlite
dept) and Apple.  Apps built with Corona are fast, simple to build,
quick to build and very capable.

I started writing a book for these guys about a year ago, but got bogged
down with work, so couldn't finish it.  However, I do have two perfectly
good chapters which are a beginners and intermediate guides to learning
Lua for Corona development, if you would like to read it.  I'm not sure
what licensing I want to apply to it, yet, but the offer is available to
any haXer's who want to get involved with Corona.

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 10:56 -0700, Raoul Duke wrote:
> http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/

Re: i'm curious, but haven't tried this toolkit (ios/android)

Krzysztof Różalski
To be fair I need to add that in this benchmark I was only testing sprite-sheet based animations. In general Corona is not so slow. I've made two sample games with it and they performed rather well. And Corona is extremly easy to learn (even without any previous Lua experience). However it rather can not compare to NME in terms of performance I guess.

Krzysztof

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Turns out it's not very fast though ... http://blog.krozalski.com/?p=1

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Raoul,

Corona is an awesome platform built by ex-employees of Adobe (Flashlite
dept) and Apple.  Apps built with Corona are fast, simple to build,
quick to build and very capable.

I started writing a book for these guys about a year ago, but got bogged
down with work, so couldn't finish it.  However, I do have two perfectly
good chapters which are a beginners and intermediate guides to learning
Lua for Corona development, if you would like to read it.  I'm not sure
what licensing I want to apply to it, yet, but the offer is available to
any haXer's who want to get involved with Corona.

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 10:56 -0700, Raoul Duke wrote:
> http://www.anscamobile.com/corona/

blog.krozalski.com