hxinst-linux on linux 64 bit

Enzo Ferrari
I've just installed haxe 2.04 and neko 1.8.1 on my ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit).
It seems that downloaded binaries are 32 bit only.
haxelib doesn't work.

Why don't consider 32 and 64 as two different platforms, and provide
two set of binaries? (ex: haxe-2.04-linux.tar.gz and haxe-2.04-linux64.tar.gz)

I have to recompile haxe and neko to make it work?

Thanks,
Enzo

Re: hxinst-linux on linux 64 bit

clemos
Hi

Yes, I think you must compile and install all by hand;
At least, that's what I did...

++++++
Clément

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Enzo Ferrari<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just installed haxe 2.04 and neko 1.8.1 on my ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit).
> It seems that downloaded binaries are 32 bit only.
> haxelib doesn't work.
>
> Why don't consider 32 and 64 as two different platforms, and provide
> two set of binaries? (ex: haxe-2.04-linux.tar.gz and
> haxe-2.04-linux64.tar.gz)
>
> I have to recompile haxe and neko to make it work?
>
> Thanks,
> Enzo

Re: hxinst-linux on linux 64 bit

gershon
after fighting the installations a couple of times, and sharing your os\hardware, i'd recommend removing all traces of any previous haxe\neko installed from the repos.
compiling wasn't a problem, but resolving the various conflicts with old symlinks was annoying... mostly for neko, as haxe has less libs...

thing is the haxe compiled to elf32, and neko to 64, and distros use different prefixes, /usr, /usr/local, ubuntu also uses /lib32 /usr/lib32...

so while most haxer i think can handle it :), would still be nice seeing to see debs, i think haxe can be haxe-2.04-all.deb, and neko should have both 32\64...

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:33 PM, clemos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

Yes, I think you must compile and install all by hand;
At least, that's what I did...

++++++
Clément

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Enzo Ferrari<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've just installed haxe 2.04 and neko 1.8.1 on my ubuntu 9.04 (64 bit).
> It seems that downloaded binaries are 32 bit only.
> haxelib doesn't work.
>
> Why don't consider 32 and 64 as two different platforms, and provide
> two set of binaries? (ex: haxe-2.04-linux.tar.gz and
> haxe-2.04-linux64.tar.gz)
>
> I have to recompile haxe and neko to make it work?
>
> Thanks,
> Enzo

Re: hxinst-linux on linux 64 bit

Jens Peter Secher
2009/7/29 gershon <[hidden email]>:
> [...]
> so while most haxer i think can handle it :), would still be nice seeing to
> see debs,

They are coming, but I always wait a couple of weeks (with haXe at
least) until the number of new bugs has ceased.

> i think haxe can be haxe-2.04-all.deb, and neko should have both
> 32\64...

No, haXe is created by the OCaml compiler, which on Intel (at least)
produces native code.

                                                    Jens Peter Secher.
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_.
A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q. Why is top posting bad?