hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Hi,

After many try, I am not be able to have a suiatble binary with hxcpp
or nme install tool.

At this point with the latest svn versions, from the  the sample 02-
Text :

HXCPP command (added --remap flash:nme in compile_cpp.hxml) :  haxe
compile_cpp.hxml
build fine but give this error when binary launched :
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
Abort trap

NME install tool command : haxelib run nme Sample.nmml
build failed with this error :
Called from nme/utils/ByteArray.hx line 427
Called from nme/Loader.hx line 164
Called from nme/Loader.hx line 112
Called from nme/Loader.hx line 131
Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found :
nme@neko_init(5)

Is anyone has been able to build for osx 10.5 target ?

I apolize for my poor english,
toffer

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

singmajesty
Are you using the latest versions of hxcpp and nekonme from the
repositories?

You should be able to compile an NMML file like this:

haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml cpp

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:12:24 -0700, Toffer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After many try, I am not be able to have a suiatble binary with hxcpp or
> nme install tool.
>
> At this point with the latest svn versions, from the  the sample 02-Text
> :
>
> HXCPP command (added --remap flash:nme in compile_cpp.hxml) :  haxe
> compile_cpp.hxml
> build fine but give this error when binary launched :
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
> Abort trap
>
> NME install tool command : haxelib run nme Sample.nmml
> build failed with this error :
> Called from nme/utils/ByteArray.hx line 427
> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 164
> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 112
> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 131
> Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
> Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found : nme@neko_init(5)
>
> Is anyone has been able to build for osx 10.5 target ?
>
> I apolize for my poor english,
> toffer

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

Do you still get an error when you "nm" the nme.ndll?
There is one more linking flag I have to try.

> After many try, I am not be able to have a suiatble binary with hxcpp or
> nme install tool.
>
> At this point with the latest svn versions, from the  the sample 02-Text
> :
>
> HXCPP command (added --remap flash:nme in compile_cpp.hxml) :  haxe
> compile_cpp.hxml
> build fine but give this error when binary launched :
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
> Abort trap
>
> NME install tool command : haxelib run nme Sample.nmml
> build failed with this error :
> Called from nme/utils/ByteArray.hx line 427
> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 164
> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 112
> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 131
> Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
> Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found : nme@neko_init(5)
>
> Is anyone has been able to build for osx 10.5 target ?
>
> I apolize for my poor english,
> toffer

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

Joshua Harlan Lifton
I'm getting the same error as Toffer, but I'm running OS 10.6.8. Both
hxcpp and nme are from svn. I'm still getting the "undefined" listings
when I run nm nme.ndll. Full details are in my previous post. I've
been using the old version of the install tool instead, but I'd like
to use the new version.

Thanks,
Josh

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Gamehaxe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Do you still get an error when you "nm" the nme.ndll?
> There is one more linking flag I have to try.
>
> Hugh
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After many try, I am not be able to have a suiatble binary with hxcpp or
>> nme install tool.
>>
>> At this point with the latest svn versions, from the  the sample 02-Text :
>>
>> HXCPP command (added --remap flash:nme in compile_cpp.hxml) :  haxe
>> compile_cpp.hxml
>> build fine but give this error when binary launched :
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
>> Abort trap
>>
>> NME install tool command : haxelib run nme Sample.nmml
>> build failed with this error :
>> Called from nme/utils/ByteArray.hx line 427
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 164
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 112
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 131
>> Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
>> Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found : nme@neko_init(5)
>>
>> Is anyone has been able to build for osx 10.5 target ?
>>
>> I apolize for my poor english,
>> toffer

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
hi,

this one :
nm: object: nme.ndll malformed object (unknown load command 6)

Le 26 juil. 11 à 01:53, Gamehaxe a écrit :

> Hi,
> Do you still get an error when you "nm" the nme.ndll?
> There is one more linking flag I have to try.
>
> Hugh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Yes, updated just before the email I post.

> haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml cpp

give the same : Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not
found : nme@neko_init(5)

Le 26 juil. 11 à 01:19, Joshua Granick a écrit :

> Are you using the latest versions of hxcpp and nekonme from the
> repositories?
>
> You should be able to compile an NMML file like this:
>

> haxelib run nme test MyProject.nmml cpp
>

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:12:24 -0700, Toffer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After many try, I am not be able to have a suiatble binary with
>> hxcpp or nme install tool.
>>
>> At this point with the latest svn versions, from the  the sample 02-
>> Text :
>>
>> HXCPP command (added --remap flash:nme in compile_cpp.hxml) :  haxe
>> compile_cpp.hxml
>> build fine but give this error when binary launched :
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
>> Abort trap
>>
>> NME install tool command : haxelib run nme Sample.nmml
>> build failed with this error :
>> Called from nme/utils/ByteArray.hx line 427
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 164
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 112
>> Called from nme/Loader.hx line 131
>> Called from C:\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/neko/Lib.hx line 33
>> Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found :
>> nme@neko_init(5)
>>
>> Is anyone has been able to build for osx 10.5 target ?
>>
>> I apolize for my poor english,
>> toffer
>>

> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

I have recompiled with a new link flag and updated the binary on svn.
See if this does the trick. if "nm" does not work, then I think
there is little chance of neko loading the ndll.

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Hi,

here is the result with the lastest svn versions :

 > nm nme.ndll return the same : nm: object: nme.ndll malformed object
(unknown load command 6)

 > haxe compile_cpp.hxml (02-Text sample) : fail with :
g++: error: Cocoa: No such file or directory
Called from ? line 1
Called from BuildTool.hx line 1134
Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
Called from a C function
Called from BuildTool.hx line 530
Called from BuildTool.hx line 649
Called from BuildTool.hx line 732
Called from BuildTool.hx line 276
Uncaught exception - Error : 256 - build cancelled

 > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp (02-Text sample) : fail with :
Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found :
nme@neko_init(5)

Is there something I can do to help your investigation ?

thank's,
toffer

Le 26 juil. 11 à 13:16, Gamehaxe a écrit :

> Hi,
> I have recompiled with a new link flag and updated the binary on svn.
> See if this does the trick. if "nm" does not work, then I think
> there is little chance of neko loading the ndll.
>
> Hugh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

Gamehaxe
Ok, try the latest version - I think I got it.

Obviously, mac does not respect its older OSs.

> here is the result with the lastest svn versions :
>
>  > nm nme.ndll return the same : nm: object: nme.ndll malformed object
> (unknown load command 6)
>
>  > haxe compile_cpp.hxml (02-Text sample) : fail with :
> g++: error: Cocoa: No such file or directory
> Called from ? line 1
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 1134
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
> Called from a C function
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 530
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 649
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 732
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 276
> Uncaught exception - Error : 256 - build cancelled
>
>  > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp (02-Text sample) : fail with :
> Uncaught exception - load.c(352) : Primitive not found : nme@neko_init(5)
>
> Is there something I can do to help your investigation ?
>
> thank's,
> toffer
>

> Le 26 juil. 11 à 13:16, Gamehaxe a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>> I have recompiled with a new link flag and updated the binary on svn.
>> See if this does the trick. if "nm" does not work, then I think
>> there is little chance of neko loading the ndll.
>>
>> Hugh
>>

>> --haXe - an open source web programming language

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Thank's,

nm command result of a 'valid file'.
The builds goes farther and fail on a g++: error: unrecognized option
'-no_compact_linkedit' error.
Peraph's it comes from my version / configuration of g++ (4.6 from
macports), am I right ?

here is the log

haxe compile_cpp.hxml :
g++: error: unrecognized option '-no_compact_linkedit'
Called from ? line 1
Called from BuildTool.hx line 1134
Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
Called from a C function
Called from BuildTool.hx line 530
Called from BuildTool.hx line 649
Called from BuildTool.hx line 732
Called from BuildTool.hx line 276
Uncaught exception - Error : 256 - build cancelled

haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp :
g++: error: unrecognized option '-no_compact_linkedit'
Called from ? line 1
Called from BuildTool.hx line 1134
Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
Called from a C function
Called from BuildTool.hx line 530
Called from BuildTool.hx line 649
Called from BuildTool.hx line 732
Called from BuildTool.hx line 276
Uncaught exception - Error : 256 - build cancelled
Called from ? line 1
Called from InstallTool.hx line 381
Called from a C function
Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
Called from a C function
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 102
Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 91
Called from installers/CPPInstaller.hx line 26
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 172
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 360
Uncaught exception - Error: Source path "bin/cpp/mac/obj/
ApplicationMain" does not exist

toffer

Le 26 juil. 11 à 15:52, Gamehaxe a écrit :

> Ok, try the latest version - I think I got it.
>
> Obviously, mac does not respect its older OSs.

> Hugh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

Gamehaxe
Hmmm, I was a bit worried about that one.
Try deleting the two lines in build-tool/mac-toolchain.xml and see if that
works.

I think I can detect the case where it will not work on older OSs now,
so I can experiment with this flag my end too.

Hugh

> Thank's,
>
> nm command result of a 'valid file'.
> The builds goes farther and fail on a g++: error: unrecognized option
> '-no_compact_linkedit' error.
> Peraph's it comes from my version / configuration of g++ (4.6 from
> macports), am I right ?
>
> here is the log
>
> haxe compile_cpp.hxml :
> g++: error: unrecognized option '-no_compact_linkedit'
> Called from ? line 1
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 1134
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
> Called from a C function
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 530
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 649
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 732
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 276
> Uncaught exception - Error : 256 - build cancelled
>
> haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp :
> g++: error: unrecognized option '-no_compact_linkedit'
> Called from ? line 1
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 1134
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 501
> Called from a C function
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 530
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 649
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 732
> Called from BuildTool.hx line 276
> Uncaught exception - Error : 256 - build cancelled
> Called from ? line 1
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 381
> Called from a C function
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
> Called from a C function
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 102
> Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 91
> Called from installers/CPPInstaller.hx line 26
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 172
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 360
> Uncaught exception - Error: Source path "bin/cpp/mac/obj/
> ApplicationMain" does not exist
>
> toffer
>
> Le 26 juil. 11 à 15:52, Gamehaxe a écrit :
>
>> Ok, try the latest version - I think I got it.
>>
>> Obviously, mac does not respect its older OSs.
>

>> Hugh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Ok, with the two flags removed I have,
with hxcpp :
go to its end, but when I launch the binary : terminate called after
throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'.

with nme install tool :
end at this :
strip -u -r -x ApplicationMain
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
Called from ? line 1
Called from InstallTool.hx line 381
Called from a C function
Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
Called from a C function
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 122
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
Called from InstallTool.hx line 205
Uncaught exception - Error running: ./NME Sample 02 bin/cpp/mac/NME
Sample 02.app/Contents/MacOS/

the nm command reveal valid files.

toffer

Le 26 juil. 11 à 17:16, Gamehaxe a écrit :

> Hmmm, I was a bit worried about that one.
> Try deleting the two lines in build-tool/mac-toolchain.xml and see
> if that works.
>
> I think I can detect the case where it will not work on older OSs now,
> so I can experiment with this flag my end too.
>
> Hugh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer

Did you try the with latests from svn ? If so, what is the result ?

toffer

Le 26 juil. 11 à 03:54, Joshua Harlan Lifton a écrit :

> I'm getting the same error as Toffer, but I'm running OS 10.6.8. Both
> hxcpp and nme are from svn. I'm still getting the "undefined" listings
> when I run nm nme.ndll. Full details are in my previous post. I've
> been using the old version of the install tool instead, but I'd like
> to use the new version.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

You can compile + you do not get the "neko_init_5" error now, but it
crashes when running.

What error message do you get when you run straight from the command-line,
rather than from nmml.  ie, build with nmml, bu the cd to the executable
directory and run the program.
Do you also get an error when you compile for neko, or for cpp with the
-debug flag?

It may also be a problem now with sample02 and fonts - what about sample
06?

> Did you try the with latests from svn ? If so, what is the result ?
>
> toffer
>

> Le 26 juil. 11 à 03:54, Joshua Harlan Lifton a écrit :
>
>> I'm getting the same error as Toffer, but I'm running OS 10.6.8. Both
>> hxcpp and nme are from svn. I'm still getting the "undefined" listings
>> when I run nm nme.ndll. Full details are in my previous post. I've
>> been using the old version of the install tool instead, but I'd like
>> to use the new version.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Hi,

So id did the tests with the sample 06.

Compile for neko
 > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml neko -debug
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003
   Referenced from: /Users/toffer/googlecode/nme/ndll/Mac/nme.ndll
   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
dyld: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003
   Referenced from: /Users/toffer/googlecode/nme/ndll/Mac/nme.ndll
   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Called from ? line 1
Called from InstallTool.hx line 384
Called from a C function
Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
Called from a C function
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 129
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
Called from InstallTool.hx line 205

Compile for cpp
 > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp -debug
Called from ? line 1
Called from InstallTool.hx line 384
Called from a C function
Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
Called from a C function
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 129
Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
Called from InstallTool.hx line 205
Uncaught exception - Error running: ./Sample06 bin/cpp/mac/
Sample06.app/Contents/MacOS/

Running the program from command line :
# ./ApplicationMain
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
Abort trap

You can see the logs of the os in the attachment.

toffer

Sample06-os-logs.zip (9K) Download Attachment

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

Gamehaxe
Ok - looks like we have go a bit further.
I might need to recompile the sdl-static libraries with the 10.4
compatibility flags,
this it turning out to be quite painful.  I can't really believe
apple would disregard old OSs so much.
I will look into it.

> So id did the tests with the sample 06.
>
> Compile for neko
>  > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml neko -debug
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: t
>    Referenced from: /Users/toffer/googlecode/nme/ndll/Mac/nme.ndll
>    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> dyld: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003
>    Referenced from: /Users/toffer/googlecode/nme/ndll/Mac/nme.ndll
>    Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
> Called from ? line 1
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 384
> Called from a C function
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
> Called from a C function
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
> Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 129
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 205
>
> Compile for cpp
>  > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp -debug
> Called from ? line 1
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 384
> Called from a C function
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
> Called from a C function
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
> Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 129
> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
> Called from InstallTool.hx line 205
> Uncaught exception - Error running: ./Sample06 bin/cpp/mac/
> Sample06.app/Contents/MacOS/
>
> Running the program from command line :
> # ./ApplicationMain
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
> Abort trap
>
> You can see the logs of the os in the attachment.
>
> toffer

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

If you want to take over my machine via some remote software so you
can do some building and compiling to get NME running on 10.5 then
just let me know what software to install etc... just seems like it
might be easier than having to guess.

Cheers

;j

On 27 Jul 2011, at 15:31, Gamehaxe wrote:

> Ok - looks like we have go a bit further.
> I might need to recompile the sdl-static libraries with the 10.4
> compatibility flags,
> this it turning out to be quite painful.  I can't really believe
> apple would disregard old OSs so much.
> I will look into it.
>
> Hugh
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> So id did the tests with the sample 06.
>>
>> Compile for neko
>> > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml neko -debug
>> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: t
>>   Referenced from: /Users/toffer/googlecode/nme/ndll/Mac/nme.ndll
>>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>> dyld: Symbol not found: _fopen$UNIX2003
>>   Referenced from: /Users/toffer/googlecode/nme/ndll/Mac/nme.ndll
>>   Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
>> Called from ? line 1
>> Called from InstallTool.hx line 384
>> Called from a C function
>> Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
>> Called from a C function
>> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
>> Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 129
>> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
>> Called from InstallTool.hx line 205
>>
>> Compile for cpp
>> > haxelib run nme test Sample.nmml cpp -debug
>> Called from ? line 1
>> Called from InstallTool.hx line 384
>> Called from a C function
>> Called from InstallTool.hx line 70
>> Called from a C function
>> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 116
>> Called from installers/DesktopInstaller.hx line 129
>> Called from installers/InstallerBase.hx line 861
>> Called from InstallTool.hx line 205
>> Uncaught exception - Error running: ./Sample06 bin/cpp/mac/
>> Sample06.app/Contents/MacOS/
>>
>> Running the program from command line :
>> # ./ApplicationMain
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Dynamic'
>> Abort trap
>>
>> You can see the logs of the os in the attachment.
>>
>> toffer

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

Gamehaxe
Ok, I have explicitly linked against the 10.5 SDK and updated NME.
I hope this does the job, because I'm running out of tricks - but
I have a good feeling about this one.
I have not updated the hxcpp binaries yet, but if NME works, I think
we should be there.

Hugh

> Hugh
>
> If you want to take over my machine via some remote software so you can
> do some building and compiling to get NME running on 10.5 then just let
> me know what software to install etc... just seems like it might be
> easier than having to guess.
>
> Cheers
>
> ;j
>
> On 27 Jul 2011, at 15:31, Gamehaxe wrote:
>
>> Ok - looks like we have go a bit further.
>> I might need to recompile the sdl-static libraries with the 10.4
>> compatibility flags,
>> this it turning out to be quite painful.  I can't really believe
>> apple would disregard old OSs so much.
>> I will look into it.
>>
>> Hugh

Re: hxcpp/nme targeting OSX 10.5

toffer
Yes, you've got it, compiling for neko and cpp work fine.
Thank's for the old apples :)

toffer