hss 1:Invalid character 0xEF

Lars Madson
Hi,

I'm generating an hss file and when I compile the project I get
css/style.hss:1 :Invalid Character 0xEF

Somthing trivial?

thanks
Laurent

Re: hss 1:Invalid character 0xEF

John Plsek
Looks like the first byte of either a UTF-8 or UTF-16 Byte Order Mark (BOM)

BOM for UTF-8 is 0xEF 0xBB 0xBF
BOM for UTF-16 is 0xEF 0xFE

The fix depends on how you "generate" the hss file I guess

Regards

On 17 October 2011 05:39, Lars Madson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm generating an hss file and when I compile the project I get
css/style.hss:1 :Invalid Character 0xEF

Somthing trivial?

thanks
Laurent

Re: hss 1:Invalid character 0xEF

Lars Madson
I parse it with templo and I guess the original file is UTF-8.
I should save the original file in another format?

choukrane

Le 16/10/2011 23:34, Lars Madson a écrit :
> I parse it with templo and I guess the original file is UTF-8.
> I should save the original file in another format?

Thanks I have fixed the issue on HSS SVN.

If your .hss file is generated, you might want to remove the first three
chars before saving it.

Re: hss 1:Invalid character 0xEF

Lars Madson
Thanks for the fix and the quick answer!

then the make says : hss/Main.nml(290): File not found Math.nml

Laurent

2011/10/17 Nicolas Cannasse <[hidden email]>
Le 16/10/2011 23:34, Lars Madson a écrit :

I parse it with templo and I guess the original file is UTF-8.
I should save the original file in another format?

Thanks I have fixed the issue on HSS SVN.

If your .hss file is generated, you might want to remove the first three chars before saving it.

Re: hss 1:Invalid character 0xEF

Nicolas Cannasse
Le 17/10/2011 14:40, Lars Madson a écrit :
> Thanks for the fix and the quick answer!
>
> I did svn checkout https://svn.motion-twin.com/hss/
> then the make says : hss/Main.nml(290): File not found Math.nml

You'll need Neko 1.8.2