haxevisual

jlm@justinfront.net
I have started a repository for iframe sources for the haXe wiki.

http://code.google.com/p/haxevisual/

The concept is rather than host example swf, html, and js directly on the haxe.org server we can put them on googlecode and then access the 'raw' and load it via an iframe onto the haXe wiki.

I have made a rough test ( I need to tidy later ) - feeding off a google repository and it seems to work with the new admin tags (Nicolas added for things like adding videos):

At the moment I will probably manually add as admin the iframes to "Demo" pages.
for instance...

which you can then link off to from your pages...  ( see DEMO link )

obviously we can get more fancy as time goes by but there are some edit details that are beyond my control that make it better to stick more with a 'Demo' page concept for the moment.

And I will also have to populate the haxevisual repository, there are issues with safety... so only swf's or js I can complie from haXe sources I understand really well will be added, I will probably stick with a template html.

I would be interested to get some jeash, cocktail, alphatab etc examples on the repository but maybe start with just a few examples so best you give me some pointers to what you need, pm me details offline and I will try to get some online, basically the idea is that examples will be backless... ie just front end for the moment, to help enhance and support community libraries and haxe tutorials.

obviously if people are not happy with the approach then we can just stick with the text only wiki or some other thing, but I think this maybe a good way to gradually enhance the visual presence of haxe... pictures are worth a 1000 words.. or so they say, I guess at the moment it's more of a test... if it does not seem to be working well then we can scrap the idea or improve it.

Cheers

;j
haxe forum

Re: haxevisual

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Looking good. The Lambda example really shows why we need some kind of shorthand for lists though, man that's ugly code :P

Also, how do you get rid of those horrid scrollbars?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jason O'Neil-2
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looking good. The Lambda example really shows why we need some kind of shorthand for lists though, man that's ugly code :P

Agreed!  Even the current array syntax would be nice...

var myList:List<Int> = [0,1,2,3]

To be honest I sometimes use arrays instead of lists purely because the syntax is easier, even if the performance isn't quite as good.

Re: haxevisual

Viktor Hesselbom-2
How about just doing something like this:

class ListUtils
{
public static function toList<T> (arr:Array<T>)
{
var l = new List<T> ();
for (i in arr) l.add (i);
return l;

using ListUtils;

[0,1,2,3].toList ();

Best,
Viktor

2011/9/20 Jason O'Neil <[hidden email]>
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Looking good. The Lambda example really shows why we need some kind of shorthand for lists though, man that's ugly code :P

Agreed!  Even the current array syntax would be nice...

var myList:List<Int> = [0,1,2,3]

To be honest I sometimes use arrays instead of lists purely because the syntax is easier, even if the performance isn't quite as good.

Re: haxevisual

Juraj Kirchheim
Actually Lambda.list does just that ;)

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Viktor Hesselbom
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about just doing something like this:
> class ListUtils
> {
> public static function toList<T> (arr:Array<T>)
> {
> var l = new List<T> ();
> for (i in arr) l.add (i);
> return l;
> using ListUtils;
> [0,1,2,3].toList ();
> Best,
> Viktor
> 2011/9/20 Jason O'Neil <[hidden email]>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looking good. The Lambda example really shows why we need some kind of
>>> shorthand for lists though, man that's ugly code :P
>>
>> Agreed!  Even the current array syntax would be nice...
>>
>> var myList:List<Int> = [0,1,2,3]
>>
>> To be honest I sometimes use arrays instead of lists purely because the
>> syntax is easier, even if the performance isn't quite as good.

Re: haxevisual

Viktor Hesselbom-2
Oh, oops. :)