haxelegs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

haxelegs

MartinLindelof
What's the status on the robotlegs port to haXe ? it was to be announced on the haxecon event I've read in some older e-mail threads. Lee is the one holding the complete port? Would be cool to know a ETA on this. and hopefully it's distributed via haxelib,

-- 
Martin Lindelöf
www.medborgarplatsen.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: haxelegs

Michael Cann
Definately +1 on this, big RL fan would like to see what haXe twist has been applied to this framework.

On a side note im due to attend try{harder} this year (http://www.tryharder.org.uk/) organised by @stray_and_ruby from the RL team. My talk is going to be on HaXe so I definitely would like to hear about the status of this project so I can perhaps mention it.

Mike

On 22 June 2011 10:02, Martin Lindelöf <[hidden email]> wrote:
What's the status on the robotlegs port to haXe ? it was to be announced on the haxecon event I've read in some older e-mail threads. Lee is the one holding the complete port? Would be cool to know a ETA on this. and hopefully it's distributed via haxelib,

-- 
Martin Lindelöf
www.medborgarplatsen.com

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org



--
Mike Cann
http://www.mikecann.co.uk/
http://www.artificialgames.co.uk/

--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: haxelegs

Lee Sylvester
In reply to this post by MartinLindelof
Hi Martin,

Sorry I wasn't around to reply.  I think James answered very well, but
I'd like to mention some info.

Cube (named as such because it's multi-faceted) is almost an identical
port of RobotLegs with the exception that :-

a) the Injector is very different, and written from scratch from my own
noggin.
b) the interface is pretty much the same, but the code differs as it's
haXe, not AS3.
b) there are numerous changes to make it more cross-platform friendly
c) Cube will not follow behind RobotLegs, but will take on it's own
features as and when they are needed.  My intention of Cube is to keep
it very simple to use and very lightweight, while remaining useful.
Signals make strong sense to be included, so once I further abstract the
eventing framework (it uses hxEvents atm), then I'll have both as an
option, with the ability to accept other event frameworks as an option.
Also, I'd like to keep a library of useful Model classes for common
tasks, so will have those in there, too, at some point.

In effect, while Cube is much like RobotLegs to use now, I will be
paying close attention to users needs so that it becomes it's own
framework with it's own future.

Hope that helps.

Lee

 


On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 11:02 +0200, Martin Lindelöf wrote:

> What's the status on the robotlegs port to haXe ? it was to be
> announced on the haxecon event I've read in some older e-mail threads.
> Lee is the one holding the complete port? Would be cool to know a ETA
> on this. and hopefully it's distributed via haxelib,
>
> --
> Martin Lindelöf
> www.medborgarplatsen.com
>
> --
> haXe - an open source web programming language
> http://haxe.org



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: haxelegs

Lee Sylvester
I forgot to mention it also has a Finite State Machine included.  James
thinks it's overly complicated, so thoughts on simple ways to markup
states and routes would be welcomed :-)

Lee



On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 18:07 +0100, Lee wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Sorry I wasn't around to reply.  I think James answered very well, but
> I'd like to mention some info.
>
> Cube (named as such it's multi-faceted) is almost an identical
> port of RobotLegs with the exception that :-
>
> a) the Injector is very different, and written from scratch from my own
> noggin.
> b) the interface is pretty much the same, but the code differs as it's
> haXe, not AS3.
> b) there are numerous changes to make it more cross-platform friendly
> c) Cube will not follow behind RobotLegs, but will take on it's own
> features as and when they are needed.  My intention of Cube is to keep
> it very simple to use and very lightweight, while remaining useful.
> Signals make strong sense to be included, so once I further abstract the
> eventing framework (it uses hxEvents atm), then I'll have both as an
> option, with the ability to accept other event frameworks as an option.
> Also, I'd like to keep a library of useful Model classes for common
> tasks, so will have those in there, too, at some point.
>
> In effect, while Cube is much like RobotLegs to use now, I will be
> paying close attention to users needs so that it becomes it's own
> framework with it's own future.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Lee
>
>  
>
>
> On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 11:02 +0200, Martin Lindelöf wrote:
> > What's the status on the robotlegs port to haXe ? it was to be
> > announced on the haxecon event I've read in some older e-mail threads.
> > Lee is the one holding the complete port? Would be cool to know a ETA
> > on this. and hopefully it's distributed via haxelib,
> >
> > --
> > Martin Lindelöf
> > www.medborgarplatsen.com
> >
> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org
>
>
>



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: haxelegs

laurence taylor
I don't know if this will interest you, but I've got an implementation of a hierarchical state machine that's pretty far along. 
It's more complicated on the inside, but in use it curtails state explosion, as it composes the actual state from the active bits and pieces in the hierarchy. 
It's structured clearly, and reasonably well documented, about 20kb of code, with the only major decision left being how to handle state transitions called from inside a state( named a Segment, as it doesn't contain a whole state). Let me know and I'll send more details.

regards,
Laurence

The context on which a Segment acts is typed, so you get code completion on this.context

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
I forgot to mention it also has a Finite State Machine included.  James
thinks it's overly complicated, so thoughts on simple ways to markup
states and routes would be welcomed :-)

Lee



On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 18:07 +0100, Lee wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Sorry I wasn't around to reply.  I think James answered very well, but
> I'd like to mention some info.
>
> Cube (named as such it's multi-faceted) is almost an identical
> port of RobotLegs with the exception that :-
>
> a) the Injector is very different, and written from scratch from my own
> noggin.
> b) the interface is pretty much the same, but the code differs as it's
> haXe, not AS3.
> b) there are numerous changes to make it more cross-platform friendly
> c) Cube will not follow behind RobotLegs, but will take on it's own
> features as and when they are needed.  My intention of Cube is to keep
> it very simple to use and very lightweight, while remaining useful.
> Signals make strong sense to be included, so once I further abstract the
> eventing framework (it uses hxEvents atm), then I'll have both as an
> option, with the ability to accept other event frameworks as an option.
> Also, I'd like to keep a library of useful Model classes for common
> tasks, so will have those in there, too, at some point.
>
> In effect, while Cube is much like RobotLegs to use now, I will be
> paying close attention to users needs so that it becomes it's own
> framework with it's own future.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Lee
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 11:02 +0200, Martin Lindelöf wrote:
> > What's the status on the robotlegs port to haXe ? it was to be
> > announced on the haxecon event I've read in some older e-mail threads.
> > Lee is the one holding the complete port? Would be cool to know a ETA
> > on this. and hopefully it's distributed via haxelib,
> >
> > --
> > Martin Lindelöf
> > www.medborgarplatsen.com
> >
> > --
> > haXe - an open source web programming language
> > http://haxe.org
>
>
>



--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org


--
haXe - an open source web programming language
http://haxe.org