haxelegs (Update)

jamesbjackson
Hi Martin,

I work with lee and to answer your questions.
"What's the status on the robotlegs port to haXe ? it was to be announced on the haxecon event I've read in some older e-mail threads. Lee is the one holding the complete port? Would be cool to know a ETA on this. and hopefully it's distributed via haxelib"

1. It's a complete rewrite so it will work in pure HaXe so it should work with all targets so there are some changes need to for this to work. I am currently using it with JavaScript and have used it with the Flash target.
2. We also we release the complete HTML / HTML5 type definitions for JavaScript written by one the W3C guys and myself, including WebGL, Canvas, Web Workers, WebSockets, the whole lot.
3. ETA is hopefully very soon, I can't give you any more than that at the moment, as it's all part of a bigger project myself and lee are working on and as soon as we can release it we will put it all on haxelib and post a message on the list.

I hope that gives you a update :-)

James

Re: haxelegs (Update)

MartinLindelof
More than enough, I just read some e-mails about it was in the scope to do, then Lee posted it was almost done. The multi target is a big +, I need a robust framework for doing c++ apps, and also for my next website. So it's cool I probably start doing it as used to with my own interp of a MVC framework, but stuf like Signals is such a big plus.

Sorry for the "haxelegs" naming :D it just felt natural, "Cube" is kinda hard to instantly know it's a robotlegs port. But big thanks for doing it! and will look careful in the list for that release thread.

On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 12:29 PM, James Jackson wrote:

[...]

I will email you personally when it is released, save you looking for it :-).
Drop me a direct email and then I add it to my email list to notify when released :-D

James

Re: haxelegs (Update)

sventunus
+1 for that list James, you have my address ;-)

Thanks!
Sven

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM, James Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

I will email you personally when it is released, save you looking for it :-).
Drop me a direct email and then I add it to my email list to notify when released :-D

James

I'm a haXe target!