haxegui blank screen

slenkar
Im trying to get a window on the screen with haxegui and flash 9 but the screen is blank
here is my code:

import haxegui.Haxegui;
import haxegui.Window;
import haxegui.managers.LayoutManager;
import flash.Lib;
import flash.display.Stage;

class Simplewindow{
public static function main ()
{ // Set stage propeties
var s = flash.Lib.current.stage;
s.scaleMode = flash.display.StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
s.align = flash.display.StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

// Setup Haxegui
haxegui.Haxegui.init();
var win = new Window(flash.Lib.current, "Window", 100, 100);
win.init({width: 320, height:240});

here is the hxml file:
-main Simplewindow
-cp haxegui
### haxelibs Dependencies ###
-lib feffects -lib hscript -lib aPath -lib utest
-swf9 Sc.swf
-swf-version 9
-swf-header 1024:768:120:3C3C3C

Re: haxegui blank screen

gershon
Problem is your compile script, really more my fault for keeping the documentation out of date...
Haxegui uses styles to render, a style consists of a directory tree with .hscript files (see http://code.google.com/p/haxegui/source/browse/#svn/trunk/assets/styles/default), which is compiled to a single xml style-file using the StyleCompiler (in the /Tools subdir)
That said, haxegui's init process expects to find the default compiled style embedded within the swf, so adding this line to your hxml should work:

-resource assets/styles/default_style.xml@default_style

i'll also mention that you might be missing some extra assets, mouse cursors and pixelfonts, library.xml is meant to be used with swfmill but any other could work (samhaxe\hxswfml\flash ide...)

will be happy to answer any other questions

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM, k a <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tony Polinelli
or for a 1 liner

var error:String = conn.execute(sql) catch(e:Dynamic) null;

will be null if there is no error, or a string of the error

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:27 AM, gershon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Problem is your compile script, really more my fault for keeping the
> documentation out of date...
> Haxegui uses styles to render, a style consists of a directory tree with
> .hscript files (see
> http://code.google.com/p/haxegui/source/browse/#svn/trunk/assets/styles/default),
> which is compiled to a single xml style-file using the StyleCompiler (in the
> /Tools subdir)
> That said, haxegui's init process expects to find the default compiled style
> embedded within the swf, so adding this line to your hxml should work:
>
> -resource assets/styles/default_style.xml@default_style
>
> i'll also mention that you might be missing some extra assets, mouse cursors
> and pixelfonts, library.xml is meant to be used with swfmill but any other
> could work (samhaxe\hxswfml\flash ide...)
>
> will be happy to answer any other questions
>

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM, k a <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Im trying to get a window on the screen with haxegui and flash 9 but the
>> screen is blank
>> here is my code:
>>
>> import haxegui.Haxegui;
>> import haxegui.Window;
>> import haxegui.managers.LayoutManager;
>> import flash.Lib;
>> import flash.display.Stage;
>>
>> class Simplewindow{
>> public static function main ()
>> { // Set stage propeties
>> var s = flash.Lib.current.stage;
>> s.scaleMode = flash.display.StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
>> s.align = flash.display.StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
>>
>> // Setup Haxegui
>> haxegui.Haxegui.init();
>> var win = new Window(flash.Lib.current, "Window", 100, 100);
>> win.init({width: 320, height:240});
>> }
>> }
>>
>> here is the hxml file:
>> -main Simplewindow
>> -cp haxegui
>> ### haxelibs Dependencies ###
>> -lib feffects -lib hscript -lib aPath -lib utest
>> -swf9 Sc.swf
>> -swf-version 9
>> -swf-header 1024:768:120:3C3C3C

Re: haxegui blank screen

Tony Polinelli
oops wrong thread

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Tony Polinelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> or for a 1 liner
>
> var error:String = conn.execute(sql) catch(e:Dynamic) null;
>
> will be null if there is no error, or a string of the error
>

> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:27 AM, gershon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Problem is your compile script, really more my fault for keeping the
>> documentation out of date...
>> Haxegui uses styles to render, a style consists of a directory tree with
>> .hscript files (see
>> http://code.google.com/p/haxegui/source/browse/#svn/trunk/assets/styles/default),
>> which is compiled to a single xml style-file using the StyleCompiler (in the
>> /Tools subdir)
>> That said, haxegui's init process expects to find the default compiled style
>> embedded within the swf, so adding this line to your hxml should work:
>>
>> -resource assets/styles/default_style.xml@default_style
>>
>> i'll also mention that you might be missing some extra assets, mouse cursors
>> and pixelfonts, library.xml is meant to be used with swfmill but any other
>> could work (samhaxe\hxswfml\flash ide...)
>>
>> will be happy to answer any other questions
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM, k a <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Im trying to get a window on the screen with haxegui and flash 9 but the
>>> screen is blank
>>> here is my code:
>>>
>>> import haxegui.Haxegui;
>>> import haxegui.Window;
>>> import haxegui.managers.LayoutManager;
>>> import flash.Lib;
>>> import flash.display.Stage;
>>>
>>> class Simplewindow{
>>> public static function main ()
>>> { // Set stage propeties
>>> var s = flash.Lib.current.stage;
>>> s.scaleMode = flash.display.StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
>>> s.align = flash.display.StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
>>>
>>> // Setup Haxegui
>>> haxegui.Haxegui.init();
>>> var win = new Window(flash.Lib.current, "Window", 100, 100);
>>> win.init({width: 320, height:240});
>>> }
>>> }
>>>
>>> here is the hxml file:
>>> -main Simplewindow
>>> -cp haxegui
>>> ### haxelibs Dependencies ###
>>> -lib feffects -lib hscript -lib aPath -lib utest
>>> -swf9 Sc.swf
>>> -swf-version 9
>>> -swf-header 1024:768:120:3C3C3C

> Tony Polinelli
> http://touchmypixel.com

Re: haxegui blank screen

gershon
Thanks Justin, haxegui hasn't had a proper release yet, and so svn has only a couple of zipped demos, that said, svn itself is a demo application, Main.hx could be called DemoApplication.hx, and its class extended (or something similar, just as boiler-plate...)

Both me and Madrok haven't been at it for a while, though lately there's some interest here in the list :)
So a new release isn't likely to happen now, still, code is fairly manageable, and i'm usually around #haxe to make up for any missing docs...

Later, gerhson