haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

Adrian Cowan
Hi all,

I have previously successfully installed haxe on linux and I found it
easy to do that again on vista but now I'm trying to install the haxefd
plugin for Flash Develop, I have successfully run the command

haxelib install haxe

but when I try

  haxelib run haxefd c:\Program Files\Flash Develop

from the directory C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\ I receive the errosh r

"The current directory is invalid."
I have confirmed that Flash develop is installed in c:\Program
Files\Flash Develop so what is invalid?

TIA,
Othrayte.

Re: haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

clemos
Try with:
haxe run haxefd "c:\Program Files\Flash Develop"

The quotes allow to use spaces in path names, which are else
interpreted as argument separators.
+++++++
Clément

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have previously successfully installed haxe on linux and I found it easy
> to do that again on vista but now I'm trying to install the haxefd plugin
> for Flash Develop, I have successfully run the command
>
> haxelib install haxe
>
> but when I try
>
>  haxelib run haxefd c:\Program Files\Flash Develop
>
> from the directory C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\ I receive the errosh r
>
> "The current directory is invalid."
> I have confirmed that Flash develop is installed in c:\Program Files\Flash
> Develop so what is invalid?
>
> TIA,
> Othrayte.

Re: haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

Adrian Cowan
yay a new error,

although I'm sure I had already tried that now it says
"Error : Invalid class name run"

Thanks for your input,
Othrayte.

clemos wrote:

> Try with:
> haxe run haxefd "c:\Program Files\Flash Develop"
>
> The quotes allow to use spaces in path names, which are else
> interpreted as argument separators.
> +++++++
> Clément
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have previously successfully installed haxe on linux and I found it easy
>> to do that again on vista but now I'm trying to install the haxefd plugin
>> for Flash Develop, I have successfully run the command
>>
>> haxelib install haxe
>>
>> but when I try
>>
>>  haxelib run haxefd c:\Program Files\Flash Develop
>>
>> from the directory C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\ I receive the errosh r
>>
>> "The current directory is invalid."
>> I have confirmed that Flash develop is installed in c:\Program Files\Flash
>> Develop so what is invalid?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Othrayte.

Re: haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

Franco Ponticelli
It is not

haxe run ...

but

haxelib run ...

Franco

clemos wrote:
[...]

ok so I'm back to the original error,.
damn.

Thanks anyway,
Othrayte.

Franco Ponticelli wrote:

> It is not
>
> haxe run ...
>
> but
>
> haxelib run ...
>
> Franco
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     yay a new error,
>
>     although I'm sure I had already tried that now it says
>     "Error : Invalid class name run"
>
>     Thanks for your input,
>     Othrayte.
>

>     clemos wrote:
>
>         Try with:
>         haxe run haxefd "c:\Program Files\Flash Develop"
>
>         The quotes allow to use spaces in path names, which are else
>         interpreted as argument separators.
>         +++++++
>         Clément
>
>         On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Adrian Cowan
>

>             Hi all,
>
>             I have previously successfully installed haxe on linux and
>             I found it easy
>             to do that again on vista but now I'm trying to install
>             the haxefd plugin
>             for Flash Develop, I have successfully run the command
>
>             haxelib install haxe
>
>             but when I try
>
>              haxelib run haxefd c:\Program Files\Flash Develop
>
>             from the directory C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\ I
>             receive the errosh r
>
>             "The current directory is invalid."
>             I have confirmed that Flash develop is installed in
>             c:\Program Files\Flash
>             Develop so what is invalid?
>
>             TIA,
>             Othrayte.
>
>             --
>             haXe - an open source web programming language
>             http://haxe.org
>

>     --
>     http://haxe.org

Re: haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

Ian Thomas
I thought recent versions of FlashDevelop didn't need haxefd because
haXe support was already built in?

Although I may have dreamed that!

Ian

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have previously successfully installed haxe on linux and I found it easy
> to do that again on vista but now I'm trying to install the haxefd plugin
> for Flash Develop, I have successfully run the command
>
> haxelib install haxe
>
> but when I try
>
>  haxelib run haxefd c:\Program Files\Flash Develop
>
> from the directory C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\ I receive the errosh r
>
> "The current directory is invalid."
> I have confirmed that Flash develop is installed in c:\Program Files\Flash
> Develop so what is invalid?
>
> TIA,
> Othrayte.

Re: haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

Adrian Cowan
It seems your right, thanks.

I'm sure I remember this now, but I think I got confused and downloaded
v2 because at http://haxe.org/download it says
FlashDevelop Plugin </com/ide/haxefd> for the open source FlashDevelop
IDE <http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewforum.php?f=11> (for
Windows) /(version 2.x only)/.

Thanks for the pointer.
Othrayte.
Ian Thomas wrote:

> I thought recent versions of FlashDevelop didn't need haxefd because
> haXe support was already built in?
>
> Although I may have dreamed that!
>
> Ian
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Adrian Cowan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have previously successfully installed haxe on linux and I found it easy
>> to do that again on vista but now I'm trying to install the haxefd plugin
>> for Flash Develop, I have successfully run the command
>>
>> haxelib install haxe
>>
>> but when I try
>>
>>  haxelib run haxefd c:\Program Files\Flash Develop
>>
>> from the directory C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\ I receive the errosh r
>>
>> "The current directory is invalid."
>> I have confirmed that Flash develop is installed in c:\Program Files\Flash
>> Develop so what is invalid?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Othrayte.

Re: haxefd error message "The current directory is invalid."

Viktor Hesselbom
I would also like to point out a problem I had with FlashDevelop when creating .bat files to compile my haXe code.

I just right-clicked my Project list and Add New Empty File and wrote the batch script and saved it as a .bat file and it appears somehow FlashDevelop messed the file up. Whether it saved it in some special way or added some kind of invisible characters, I don't know, but I got an error that the main class was invalid when it wasn't. Then I created a new .bat file, with the same batch script, with right-click on my Windows desktop and create a txt file and save it as .bat file from there and then it worked.

Not sure if this was your problem in any way but you mentioned something about the compiler saying 'invalid class name' so I thought I'd mention this as a heads up if nothing else.