haxed + hScript update

blackdog-2

hScript can now be embedded into the haxed build file format. Use with
caution.

Example here:
http://blackdog66.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/haxed-hscript-3/

Source here  http://www.github.com/blackdog66

--

'Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away.'

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

http://blackdog66.wordpress.com/

Re: haxed + hScript update

Benjamin Dasnois
Waow! I must have been missing quite a lot of things. :)

First, I didn't know haxelib now has to be named haxed? Is this an
unilateral decision made on your own or was it discussed here? I can't
remember. (Or is it something else?).

>From what I read, you're trying to define the new file format for haxelib.xml ?

And I read that you support tasks and all of these things... that's
good but.... isn't it a bit overkill? Making it more a fully-featured
framework for frameworks? ;) Not that it's stupid at all! But maybe
just a bit overkill... I published my first lib on haxelib last week
and I've been quite happy because it's so easy to just understand and
go with it (apart from the problem with MacOSX's Finder created zip
files).

So, am I completely wrong? What are you plans? Where are you heading to?

Just tell us more! ;)

Regards,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM, blackdog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hScript can now be embedded into the haxed build file format. Use with
> caution.
>
> Example here:
> http://blackdog66.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/haxed-hscript-3/
>

> Source here  http://www.github.com/blackdog66
>

> --
>
> 'Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but
> rather when there is nothing more to take away.'
>
> -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>
> http://blackdog66.wordpress.com/

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: haxed + hScript update

Benjamin Dasnois
Sorry for posting again just one minute after but... Also, I'm not
very fond of indentation based file formats mostly because those are
difficult to write if you're editing files with different
editors/systems. So, I would have to oppose to the adoption of such a
format in such an important tool as haxelib is to our community.
(Although I may be the only one against it and you may find my opinion
completely stupid ;))

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Benjamin Dasnois
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Waow! I must have been missing quite a lot of things. :)
>
> First, I didn't know haxelib now has to be named haxed? Is this an
> unilateral decision made on your own or was it discussed here? I can't
> remember. (Or is it something else?).
>
> From what I read, you're trying to define the new file format for haxelib.xml ?
>
> And I read that you support tasks and all of these things... that's
> good but.... isn't itYu a bit overkill? Making it more a fully-featured
> framework for frameworks? ;) Not that it's stupid at all! But maybe
> just a bit overkill... I published my first lib on haxelib last week
> and I've been quite happy because it's so easy to just understand and
> go with it (apart from the problem with MacOSX's Finder created zip
> files).
>
> So, am I completely wrong? What are you plans? Where are you heading to?
>
> Just tell us more! ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM, blackdog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hScript can now be embedded into the haxed build file format. Use with
>> caution.
>>
>> Example here:
>> http://blackdog66.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/haxed-hscript-3/
>>

>> Source here  http://www.github.com/blackdog66
>>

>> --
>>
>> 'Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but
>> rather when there is nothing more to take away.'
>>
>> -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
>>
>> http://blackdog66.wordpress.com/

> DASNOIS Benjamin
> http://www.benjamindasnois.com

--
DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com

Re: haxed + hScript update

John A. De Goes
On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:22 AM, Benjamin Dasnois wrote:
> First, I didn't know haxelib now has to be named haxed? Is this an
> unilateral decision made on your own or was it discussed here? I can't
> remember. (Or is it something else?).

Haxed is a community-driven project, which combines the functionality of haxelib, which tons of new features, including build management.

Basically, with Haxed, you create a single file (there is a wizard to help you create it), and you use this file to build your project or submit it to the repository of your choice.

> And I read that you support tasks and all of these things... that's
> good but.... isn't it a bit overkill?

I suspect scripting is something that few people need. Must ordinary users who now build their file with hxml can use Haxed instead. If your build process is more complicated, copying files, etc., then you'll probably want to embed some hxscript into it.

> So, am I completely wrong? What are you plans? Where are you heading to?

Haxed is Cabal, but for Haxe. If you don't know what Cabal is, look it up. :-)

Regards,

John

Re: haxed + hScript update

Juan Delgado
Damn, I wish you had ported good ol Cabal to haXe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabal_%28arcade_game%29

So I guess more likely you mean this Cabal:

http://www.haskell.org/cabal/

It looks indeed interesting. If I get it right, it's both a
distributed repository system (as opposed to haxelib which is a
central repository) plus a client to work with it which includes
hscript and more features. Very nice.

If it's stable enough I can might give it a go for building the
package for XAPI, because haxed is compatible with haxelib, right?

I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Juan

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:38 PM, John A. De Goes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 6:22 AM, Benjamin Dasnois wrote:
>> First, I didn't know haxelib now has to be named haxed? Is this an
>> unilateral decision made on your own or was it discussed here? I can't
>> remember. (Or is it something else?).
>
> Haxed is a community-driven project, which combines the functionality of haxelib, which tons of new features, including build management.
>
> Basically, with Haxed, you create a single file (there is a wizard to help you create it), and you use this file to build your project or submit it to the repository of your choice.
>
>> And I read that you support tasks and all of these things... that's
>> good but.... isn't it a bit overkill?
>
> I suspect scripting is something that few people need. Must ordinary users who now build their file with hxml can use Haxed instead. If your build process is more complicated, copying files, etc., then you'll probably want to embed some hxscript into it.
>
>> So, am I completely wrong? What are you plans? Where are you heading to?
>
> Haxed is Cabal, but for Haxe. If you don't know what Cabal is, look it up. :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> John

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv