haxeRush screencast1

Krzysztof Różalski
Hi All,

I have create a really simple proof-of-concept, cross-platform game two or three weeks ago for demonstration and educational purposes. I want to share the experience of developing it in form of screen-casts and finally I manage to record the first one (there will probably be 2 or 3 more). Actually I am not happy with it (wanted it to be shorted an smoother..) but decided to share anyway and improve with the next parts.

You can check it here: http://blog.krozalski.com/?p=77

Great thanks to Sven (on the list) for helping me to improve it with his very valuable feedback!

Best Regards,
Christopher

Re: haxeRush screencast1

jlm@justinfront.net
Krzysztof

This looks to be a really good resource, I commend you on releasing it.  I think the community are very grateful for sharing this. I am not overly keen of this type of game but perfect for illustrating concepts.  When I talked to you in Bordeaux I had no idea you were going to share so much of your approaches.

Cheers

;j

On 21 Jun 2011, at 12:29, Krzysztof Różalski wrote:

Hi All,

I have create a really simple proof-of-concept, cross-platform game two or three weeks ago for demonstration and educational purposes. I want to share the experience of developing it in form of screen-casts and finally I manage to record the first one (there will probably be 2 or 3 more). Actually I am not happy with it (wanted it to be shorted an smoother..) but decided to share anyway and improve with the next parts.

You can check it here: http://blog.krozalski.com/?p=77

Great thanks to Sven (on the list) for helping me to improve it with his very valuable feedback!

Best Regards,
Christopher

Re: haxeRush screencast1

Krzysztof Różalski
Thanks Justin :)

I a not a big fan of this kind of game either but it was perfect for my use case ;) It was in Bordeaux when I decided to develop this and start to share more-I was too shy before :P

Cheers

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:47 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

blog.krozalski.com

Re: haxeRush screencast1

bruno baudry
Krzysztof Hi,

thanks for sharnig this cool screencast !
Tutorials are no easy task (specially if you're a shy non native english speaker) and you managed it well, so be proud !

> Actually I am not happy with it (wanted it to be shorted an smoother..)

Maybe you could gain in smoothing and size with using the magical FD shortcuts CTRL+ SHIFT + 1
for automatic code generation (promoting local var to class members etc ...)
http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/index.php?title=Features:Generation

Cheers.
Bruno

Re: haxeRush screencast1

Krzysztof Różalski
Thanks Bruno, I appreciate this!

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 5:31 PM, bruno baudry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Krzysztof Hi,

thanks for sharnig this cool screencast !
Tutorials are no easy task (specially if you're a shy non native english speaker) and you managed it well, so be proud !

> Actually I am not happy with it (wanted it to be shorted an smoother..)

Maybe you could gain in smoothing and size with using the magical FD shortcuts CTRL+ SHIFT + 1
for automatic code generation (promoting local var to class members etc ...)
http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/index.php?title=Features:Generation

The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

Cheers,
Christopher

Cheers.
Bruno

blog.krozalski.com

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

bruno baudry
Le , Krzysztof Różalski <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

it does on my FD (3.3.4) but only on local var definition.

function foo()
{
var bar| CTRL + SHIFT + 1 here will do the following :

function foo(bar)
{
bar|

I guess it's not the way you tried it (the way I want it to work too maybe).
If it could work with local var asignment it could be cool.

function foo()
{
b = bar|

would make :

function foo(bar)
{
b = bar|

I'll check on the FD mailling list to see if it makes sense.

waiting for your next episodes
Cheers
Bruno

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

bruno baudry
oops red too fast again
CTRL + SHIFT + 1 on method param that should generate fields does not work for me neither (both hx, as files).

--
_      _  _     _  _\   /
|_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

Krzysztof Różalski
I've just published part 2-targeting Android if someone is interested than Enjoy :)
http://blog.krozalski.com/?p=91

Cheers!
Krzysztof

2011/6/22 <[hidden email]>

Le , Krzysztof Różalski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

it does on my FD (3.3.4) but only on local var definition.

function foo()
{
var bar| CTRL + SHIFT + 1 here will do the following :

function foo(bar)
{
bar|

I guess it's not the way you tried it (the way I want it to work too maybe).
If it could work with local var asignment it could be cool.

function foo()
{
b = bar|

would make :

function foo(bar)
{
b = bar|

I'll check on the FD mailling list to see if it makes sense.

waiting for your next episodes
Cheers
Bruno

--
_      _  _     _  _\   /
|_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
|_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

blog.krozalski.com

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

Cauê W.
Whoa, Great job!! Thank you !!

2011/6/22 <[hidden email]>

Le , Krzysztof Różalski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

it does on my FD (3.3.4) but only on local var definition.

function foo()
{
var bar| CTRL + SHIFT + 1 here will do the following :

function foo(bar)
{
bar|

I guess it's not the way you tried it (the way I want it to work too maybe).
If it could work with local var asignment it could be cool.

function foo()
{
b = bar|

would make :

function foo(bar)
{
b = bar|

I'll check on the FD mailling list to see if it makes sense.

waiting for your next episodes
Cheers
Bruno

--
_      _  _     _  _\   /
|_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
|_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

blog.krozalski.com

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
Sweet, looking great. Glad I could inspire a little seeing as I'm completely failing at actual work myself right now! :P

2011/6/22 <[hidden email]>

Le , Krzysztof Różalski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

it does on my FD (3.3.4) but only on local var definition.

function foo()
{
var bar| CTRL + SHIFT + 1 here will do the following :

function foo(bar)
{
bar|

I guess it's not the way you tried it (the way I want it to work too maybe).
If it could work with local var asignment it could be cool.

function foo()
{
b = bar|

would make :

function foo(bar)
{
b = bar|

I'll check on the FD mailling list to see if it makes sense.

waiting for your next episodes
Cheers
Bruno

--
_      _  _     _  _\   /
|_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
|_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

blog.krozalski.com

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

Krzysztof Różalski
Thanks guys!

@Tarwin your session at haxeCon in Bordeaux was totally inspiring for me. And then source code of Eggtruck helped a lot to because I didn't use NME before that at all (shame on me....). So great thanks for that and good luck at whatever you are going right now!

Cheers,
Krzysztof

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sweet, looking great. Glad I could inspire a little seeing as I'm completely failing at actual work myself right now! :P

phone: <a href="tel:%2B61%203%208060%205321" value="+61380605321" target="_blank">+61 3 8060 5321
_______________________

2011/6/22 <[hidden email]>

Le , Krzysztof Różalski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

it does on my FD (3.3.4) but only on local var definition.

function foo()
{
var bar| CTRL + SHIFT + 1 here will do the following :

function foo(bar)
{
bar|

I guess it's not the way you tried it (the way I want it to work too maybe).
If it could work with local var asignment it could be cool.

function foo()
{
b = bar|

would make :

function foo(bar)
{
b = bar|

I'll check on the FD mailling list to see if it makes sense.

waiting for your next episodes
Cheers
Bruno

--
_      _  _     _  _\   /
|_)    |_)|_||  || \ |_)Y
|_)    |_)|  ||_||_/|  \ |

blog.krozalski.com

blog.krozalski.com

Re: Re: [haXe] haxeRush screencast1

sventunus
+1 on how inspiring Tarwin's session was and how great it is to have a cool real-world demo/source code for the EggTruck game!
also +1 to Christopher for creating and sharing those cool demo's and screencasts with us

and while(--i > i) as to what the value of my contribution was, or why I should even be credited here
quite embarrassing ;-)
you did the work Christopher, and you're the only one who should be taking credit for it!
reviewing it was my pleasure and honour :-)

Sven

2011/6/22 <[hidden email]>

Le , Krzysztof Różalski <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> The ctrl+shift+1 on function parameters for some reason does not work for me. Maybe it is AS3 only? But private/public method generation work which is also cool! Thanks for those shortcuts, I don't know how could I miss them ;)

it does on my FD (3.3.4) but only on local var definition.

function foo()
{
var bar| CTRL + SHIFT + 1 here will do the following :

function foo(bar)
{
bar|

I guess it's not the way you tried it (the way I want it to work too maybe).
If it could work with local var asignment it could be cool.

function foo()
{
b = bar|

would make :

function foo(bar)
{
b = bar|

I'll check on the FD mailling list to see if it makes sense.

waiting for your next episodes
Cheers
Bruno

--