haxe source code location

Randy Stauner
I looked at the "contribute" page (http://haxe.org/com/contribute_to_haxe)
and noticed that it was still referencing the old CVS.
Official haXe sources can be found in SVN at google code, right?
Would someone knowledgeable please update the "contribute" page?
Thanks!

Re: haxe source code location

Juan Delgado
haXe's website is a Wiki, just updated it myself, so can anybody else! : )

Juan

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Randy Stauner
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I looked at the "contribute" page (http://haxe.org/com/contribute_to_haxe)
> and noticed that it was still referencing the old CVS.
> Official haXe sources can be found in SVN at google code, right?
> Would someone knowledgeable please update the "contribute" page?
> Thanks!

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: haxe source code location

Armén
Important note - the API, although part of the wiki, are not really a wiki, because whatever updates are made to them, everything is overwritten by a machine as Nicolas regenerates the 'std' master directory, or something like that, which makes the updates vanish.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I looked at the "contribute" page (http://haxe.org/com/contribute_to_haxe)
> and noticed that it was still referencing the old CVS.
> Official haXe sources can be found in SVN at google code, right?
> Would someone knowledgeable please update the "contribute" page?
> Thanks!

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: haxe source code location

Juan Delgado
That's not correct, as far as I know.

Those pages are generated automatically BUT they will respect a manual
edition on the website.

Juan

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Important note - the API, although part of the wiki, are not really a wiki,
> because whatever updates are made to them, everything is overwritten by a
> machine as Nicolas regenerates the 'std' master directory, or something like
> that, which makes the updates vanish.
>
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:57, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> haXe's website is a Wiki, just updated it myself, so can anybody else! : )
>>
>> Juan
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Randy Stauner
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I looked at the "contribute" page
>> > (http://haxe.org/com/contribute_to_haxe)
>> > and noticed that it was still referencing the old CVS.
>> > Official haXe sources can be found in SVN at google code, right?
>> > Would someone knowledgeable please update the "contribute" page?
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org
>> >

>> --
>> Juan Delgado - Zárate
>> http://zarate.tv
>> http://blog.zarate.tv

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: haxe source code location

Armén
That kind of logic would make little sense, because a lot of revisions depend on at least the revision(s) prior, at most the original material. Meaning that, if you replace original material (as in overwrite by a documentation generation machine), whatever stuff people edited to the material being overwritten, would probably not apply to the new material, and in effect you would get corrupted documentation. A bit like applying a patch to a wrong file.

Also, I have had my wiki edits disappear with documentation being updated. I believe the documentation generator machine updates under the user 'api'.

Look at the following page:

http://haxe.org/wiki/history?path=api/flash9/xml/xmllist;lang=en

I have personally created version #6310, because in reality XMLList class implements ArrayAccess<XML>, as per the XMLList.hx file itself, but the documentation did not mention that important fact.

However, as you can see, two weeks later, a newer version #6445 made by user 'api' appears, with the difference that it edits out my addition of "implements ArrayAccess<XML>", effectively reverting the page content to whatever it was before my editing. It may be Nicolas however, but I don't think so. I don't think Nicolas spends his time updating entire haXe documentation all the time.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:15, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's not correct, as far as I know.

Those pages are generated automatically BUT they will respect a manual
edition on the website.

Juan

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Important note - the API, although part of the wiki, are not really a wiki,
> because whatever updates are made to them, everything is overwritten by a
> machine as Nicolas regenerates the 'std' master directory, or something like
> that, which makes the updates vanish.
>
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:57, Juan Delgado <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> haXe's website is a Wiki, just updated it myself, so can anybody else! : )
>>
>> Juan
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Randy Stauner
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I looked at the "contribute" page
>> > (http://haxe.org/com/contribute_to_haxe)
>> > and noticed that it was still referencing the old CVS.
>> > Official haXe sources can be found in SVN at google code, right?
>> > Would someone knowledgeable please update the "contribute" page?
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > haXe - an open source web programming language
>> > http://haxe.org
>> >

>> --
>> Juan Delgado - Zárate
>> http://zarate.tv
>> http://blog.zarate.tv

Juan Delgado - Zárate
http://zarate.tv
http://blog.zarate.tv

Re: haxe source code location

Benjamin Dasnois
Hello,

As Nicolas explained (and I believe it was in the thread you are
referring to Armencho), only what's inside [doc] elements is kept
between updates, and that totally makes sense IMHO (other things are
basically defining the type of "objects").

That's why your modifications where not kept.

Regards,

DASNOIS Benjamin
http://www.benjamindasnois.com