haXer tools (was BootLoader)

Jan_Flanders
1)Here's a poc for changing the name of the Boot class:
http://www.haxer.be/zips/BootChanger.zip

2)Tool that repairs (older)swfmill swfs (which may no longer work with the new swf linker in haXe 2.06)
It injects an abc-file per asset and a symbol class tag as well:
http://www.haxer.be/zips/SymbolClassABCInjector.zip

3)Tool to change the header of a compiled swf (player version, width, height, fps, totalframes):
http://www.haxer.be/zips/HeaderChanger.zip

4)Tool to change the FileAttributes tag(useDirectBlit, useGPU,  hasMetaData, actionscript3, useNetwork )
and ScriptLimits tag(maxRecursionDepth, scriptTimeoutSeconds):
http://www.haxer.be/zips/FileAttributesChanger.zip

All zips contain the full source, the compiled binaries and a simple test.
You may need to 'haxelib install format'.
I posted an issue concerning the fps being written in wrong endianess atm.
You can wait for the fix or change that line in format.swf.Writer yourself: http://code.google.com/p/hxformat/issues/detail?id=9

Jan

PS: Many thanks for 2.06 !!!

Re: haXer tools (was BootLoader)

Quickform | Marcus Bergstrom
Hi Jan,

Nice post. I tried the BootChanger and it's not working. It patches the file, but the file wont load.
Not sure what goes wrong. Try to patch my app2.swf in my zip file in the, BootLoader, Modularity... thread.

It's gonna be interesting to see if we can get this to work. It's not ideal, but it's a work around for the time being.
That's good news, as I can start a project with the new version...

Thanks,

Marcus Bergstrom